Chalerm: Isaan Set To Become Drug-Free Region

webfact

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubumrung has announced the government policy to turn all 20 northeastern provinces into drug-free areas.

God forgive them, because they don't know what they do. Who turned this guy into such an idiot? jap.gif

Chalerm is a self made man.

Is that tongue in cheek humor ??? I would be willing to bet money that if you hired a team of investigators, and went back through every baht he made since he has been in the political arena, this " self made man " illusion would fall apart pretty quickly.....

Pretty much the same as Thaksin. My girlfriend told me in red shirt media in Isaan, they are persisting in the fantasy that Thaksin was a poor policeman, who pulled himself up by the bootstraps to become rich. Apparently no mention is made of his rich and powerful family in Chiang Mai.....

Or the many failed enterprises he attempted, he has only ever made money from corruption, insider trading and fraud. People forget he said, "its the duty of every Thai citizen to rip off farrangs".

That is a pretty amazing quote , even for Chalerm. I have just been trying to find it by google. If it is a true quote, what makes it funny is that as far as rip offs and corruption in Thailand, am guessing that 95% is Thai on Thai. The farangs here are just loose change...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubumrung has announced the government policy to turn all 20 northeastern provinces into drug-free areas.

God forgive them, because they don't know what they do. Who turned this guy into such an idiot? jap.gif

Chalerm is a self made man.

Of course he is, intelligent design, God or Buddha couldn't have screwed up that badly.

• Like 1

Some behavioural characteristics are apparently set in the womb. Environmental and hormomal influencesand of course genetic make up. .

And then there is always the possibility he was dropped on his head as an infant. I don't know.

You may well be right. Look at whom he passed his genes on to.

Edited by Bagwan

I wish to see Issan a lao khao (white whisky)-free region. It is the scourge of many a family, the government should either increase the tax to match the alcohol content or lower the taxes on beer to make it financially viable for low earners.

Generally speaking, people under the influence of lao khao are far nastier than those drunk on beer.

Apologies for off topic remarks.

Alcohol is not a drug, although is as bad. So it is very easy to make the prices very low so people get hook to alcohol instead of the drug

Sorry to burst your bubble, but yes, alcohol most definitely is a drug and so is; aspirin, caffeine, heroin, antibiotics etc,etc.

Get it, got it....goodcowboy.gif

.....Rodney King--a convict on parole that led police on a 30 minute hot pursuit at speeds in excess of 100mph and resisted arrest--when they referred to him as "motorist Rodney King."

Just after that "event", a brilliant bumper sticker appeared that read:

(a)..........."Come to Los Angeles & be treated like a king!"

Edited by WunMoneyBunny

Yes, Thai politics is a form of comedy. They make assurances, and pronouncements, and they are more hollow than the Carlsbad Caverns. Chalerm need to go back onto his medications. He is a delusional man. Fortunately, there are only about 10 people in Thailand who listen to what he says. And they are all family. He is a pimp, and a whore. And he has zero credibility. Overseas, they laugh at the Thai government. Ynigluck was basically laughed out of Davos recently. The reason you never hear anything about Thailand in the news overseas, is due largely to the fact that the government has zero credibility. A drug free Issan? Funny stuff. Would make for a great stand up comedy routine. One can only hope "Chalerm the germ" goes into comedy, after being ousted from politics, once and for all.

The reason you never hear anything about Thailand in the news overseas, is due largely to the fact that the government has zero credibility.

Actually, as long as the country keeps exporting rice, rubber and chicken, and importing oil and power, I don't think the rest of the world give a flying thingy about anything else.