Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

Some big girders on the central bridge over the river today, just waiting for lads to lift them off and figure out where they go next!

Makro was disaster, got the turkey but when I asked them to cut in half for me, they looked at each other and giggled, then played the ace card which will take ASEAN by storm and propel them to the top of the table............"no can do!" They will find that in ASEAN those that "can do" wins and its back to the farm you my lad! Give us back the trucks and houses, into the rice field again, even though the streets of N/S are paved with gold the wind of change is blowing again.

Meanwhile more success on the railway front as the HST set is now fully up speed and parked in platform 1 whilst out comes "United States Lines" and runs perfectly today after thr service of the last few days, wonderful news and no de.reailments, no late runners either!

Some big girders on the central bridge over the river today, just waiting for lads to lift them off and figure out where they go next!

Makro was disaster, got the turkey but when I asked them to cut in half for me, they looked at each other and giggled, then played the ace card which will take ASEAN by storm and propel them to the top of the table............"no can do!" They will find that in ASEAN those that "can do" wins and its back to the farm you my lad! Give us back the trucks and houses, into the rice field again, even though the streets of N/S are paved with gold the wind of change is blowing again.

Meanwhile more success on the railway front as the HST set is now fully up speed and parked in platform 1 whilst out comes "United States Lines" and runs perfectly today after thr service of the last few days, wonderful news and no de.reailments, no late runners either!

Hey Nong, "no can do" They probably thought you only wanted to buy half a turkey!!!

It once happened to me there when I asked them to cut a leg of lamb in half until I explained that I wanted to buy the two halves!!!

Edited by davyboy

What or where is KPP. Also Fred where is Robinsons and Tops near Nakhon Sawan? Also Makro in NS had Lamb last week. Even Goat? Yuk wink.png

KPP is Khampaeng Phet.

I think Fred was talking about Phitanulok where there is a Robinsons and Tops is the supermarket within Robinsons which itself is in the Central shopping mall if I remember correctly.

I will be down in NS (Nakhon Sawan) next month and probably buy the lamb then.

Goat is nice curried Ghurka style with lots of Ghurka rum. Next day it is advisable not to get too far from a toilet. Stock it with something to read and some cold drinks as you may be there for a while and many times.

Had goat for the first time only last month. Cooked overnight in a low set oven with herbs, spices and rice. It was very nice although I do think lamb has a slight edge over it.

Fresh too. It walked to the truck and fought its way in. Came from Kamphaeng Phet of all places.

Even so, our sphincters weren't hot to trot the next day, so it was worth the effort.

Jerry

What or where is KPP. Also Fred where is Robinsons and Tops near Nakhon Sawan? Also Makro in NS had Lamb last week. Even Goat? Yuk wink.png

KPP is Khampaeng Phet.

I think Fred was talking about Phitanulok where there is a Robinsons and Tops is the supermarket within Robinsons which itself is in the Central shopping mall if I remember correctly.

I will be down in NS (Nakhon Sawan) next month and probably buy the lamb then.

Goat is nice curried Ghurka style with lots of Ghurka rum. Next day it is advisable not to get too far from a toilet. Stock it with something to read and some cold drinks as you may be there for a while and many times.

Had goat for the first time only last month. Cooked overnight in a low set oven with herbs, spices and rice. It was very nice although I do think lamb has a slight edge over it.

Fresh too. It walked to the truck and fought its way in. Came from Kamphaeng Phet of all places.

Even so, our sphincters weren't hot to trot the next day, so it was worth the effort.

Jerry

There is a goat farm somewhere close to Khampaeng Phet and live goats were about 3,000 baht. I have his card but it is all in Thai.

H/M update on N/S.

I arrived at just after 10am my chum had been in the Visa office for 10min: prior to me and was second in line with a ticket No: 1

I was dealt with sharpish only wanted some info anyway + I was with Mrs H/M and she puts the fear Buddha up anyone.

My chum alas waited over two hours to get his Visa processed. He does do it via a pension guarantee with paperwork from the Embassy ETC. This seems to be the problem as all this stuff had to go into the other room to be sorted now.

Just a heads up if anyone is doing the same allow plenty of time.

Right now the downer there was NO I repeat NO bunting put out for our arrival dash pore show.

I left my chum in the office and went shopping to Big C the bread wasn't ready in Kamikaze seems that they have that sorted just before 12am so don't go early. Had a look round Big C nothing seems to have changed, a lot less flies in the food hall but I still will never eat there (Food at best rubbish)they also didn't sell any coffee makers. Off then to the walk must say a different kettle of fish. Index had coffee makers not the ones I wanted they seem to be only available in BKK.

The upshot was I got one that uses coffee grounds or beans once ground. Must say on getting it home it worked and is still plodding on does do the job well.

It was then back to Big C via getting some petrol pork (Didn't have Diesel Duck) + rice for lunch. by this time it was just coming up to 1pm and their car park was as usual the pit's. Eventually I get parked and picked up the French loaves must say that their selection of bread seemed to be very good have tried there F/Stick this morning (After being frozen) it held up quiet well. Not the best I have ever had but must be somewhere near the top for Thailand.

N/B give their toilets a miss they are sorting out the ones down stairs so your only left with the ones on the top floor only took Mrs H/M 30 min: to have a pee. I did get that time without her so there was an upside.

I wont go down the traffic or the bad road route suffice to say there's not been any improvement on same.

The only good thing that has come out of our trip other than the Coffee maker (Can get same here) + the bread, is Mrs H/M has refused to go there N/S ever again, so thank you all for that.

Oh nearly forgot maybe the peeps that are in charge can put up some lights on the cranes that are all over the bridges might be something worthwhile over the festive season.

Happy festive season to you all.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Hey Fred, the reason for NO bunting on your visit to our fair city is cos you are not royalty or even upper class, but just a self proclaimed Hunt Master with a clothes horse and one dog, so you shouldn't really expect any special treatment should you!

Com'on admit it!!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and all posters!

Edited by davyboy

Hey Fred, the reason for NO bunting on your visit to our fair city is cos you are not royalty or even upper class, but just a self proclaimed Hunt Master with a clothes horse and one dog, so you shouldn't really expect any special treatment should you!

Com'on admit it!!!

I didn't want to tell all but I am royalty by marriage Mrs H/M is the great great?? grand daughter of one of R##a V ladies !!! Has many photos of G/Mother in the Palaces, she is also in many books on same. So that's put that right.

As far as the H/M bit goes I have yes one personal Dog 'Pepsi' the hounds are in the gate house or nearby.

I could have invited you lower classes to our Hunt Ball to prove all, but sorry to say that you would never get a Visa to visit the HERITAGE CITY of K.P.P. Now there's a thought is N/S a Heritage City I do know that Uthai Tani is.

Don't bother to reply just looked it up it seems it alas is not, maybe because there nothing worth going there for, well except Dave's Turkey Noodles & train set.

Just wouldn't be cricket to have you mob lowering the tone anyway have heard that you lower classes drink beer out of bottles I believe that's the case anyway.

So you'll just have to take mine and others word for it.

If your lucky I might post some snaps of us in our Royal Hunt Regalia.

Tip.

Don't even attempt to try and sneak in Boxing day, the full hunt will be out then looking for inebriates trying to sneak in. You MIGHT if your lucky hear the sound of Tally Ho if you listen carefully that's of cause if the hoards of lorries there have a day orf.

I did need some cheering up so thanks for the Joke.

Fair city indeed don't you mean the Town/City that full of pot holes and smoke belching traffic not forgetting grey Diesel coloured trees and Dead/Brown grass in the centre isles that separate the 6 lane motor way that goes right through the place. I wont go down the bridges road that seem always under repair.

Ending on a bright note your clock by Big C almost tells the right time only the second occasion it's ever got close in all the years that H/M has been unlucky to travel through.

So next time Bunting will be required it won't have to be done that often, H/M as luck would have it will only have to go there once a year.

UPPER CLASS.

NA ROYALTY.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Com'on admit it!!!

I didn't want to tell all but I am royalty by marriage Mrs H/M is the great great?? grand daughter of one of R##a V ladies !!! Has many photos of G/Mother in the Palaces, she is also in many books on same. So that's put that right.

As far as the H/M bit goes I have yes one personal Dog 'Pepsi' the hounds are in the gate house or nearby.

I could have invited you lower classes to our Hunt Ball to prove all, but sorry to say that you would never get a Visa to visit the HERITAGE CITY of K.P.P. Now there's a thought is N/S a Heritage City I do know that Uthai Tani is.

Don't bother to reply just looked it up it seems it alas is not, maybe because there nothing worth going there for, well except Dave's Turkey Noodles & train set.

Just wouldn't be cricket to have you mob lowering the tone anyway have heard that you lower classes drink beer out of bottles I believe that's the case anyway.

Tip.

Don't even attempt to try and sneak in Boxing day, the full hunt will be out then looking for inebriates trying to sneak in. You MIGHT if your lucky hear the sound of Tally Ho if you listen carefully that's of cause if the hoards of lorries there have a day orf.

Fair city indeed don't you mean the Town/City that full of pot holes and smoke belching traffic not forgetting grey Diesel coloured trees and Dead/Brown grass in the centre isles that separate the 6 lane motor way that goes right through the place. I wont go down the bridges road that seem always under repair.

Ending on a bright note your clock by Big C almost tells the right time only the second occasion it's ever got close in all the years that H/M has been unlucky to travel through.

So next time Bunting will be required it won't have to be done that often, H/M as luck would have it will only have to go there once a year.

UPPER CLASS.

NA ROYALTY.

H/M.

Fred.

Hey Fred, you should save that one with the rest for when you publish your book of fairy tales, cos that is one of your better efforts!!!

But thanks for the good laugh today!!!

Hmmm! Royalty indeed!!!

Com'on admit it!!!

Tip.

UPPER CLASS.

NA ROYALTY.

H/M.

Fred.

Hey Fred, you should save that one with the rest for when you publish your book of fairy tales, cos that is one of your better efforts!!!

But thanks for the good laugh today!!!

Hmmm! Royalty indeed!!!

Talking of books I have nearly finished my latest one called Death by Winter, all about peeps living in Blighty that have been driven out by the weather. I might send you a free copy. No bugger it you can pay.

Right Royalty.

As you know most Thai ladies marry us Farang because they think we have loads of cash.

But they don't know we/I had an ulterior motive as well.

Having done my research on what I would get out of a relationship I settled for no not good looks if you had seen Mrs H/M you would agree. But Royalty as befits my station in life. Although it's by marriage also a little in the distant past it's there all the same.

Real Royal blood albeit a trite diluted.

By the way you don't have to call me Sir, Lord, or anything along those lines, His Majesty will suffice. That way I wont have to change my headings from H/M.

I will insist though on the Bunting being put out next time.

H/M (Royal)

Fred.

I thought that you finally agreed that H/M actually stood for Happy Moaner! You seem happy most of the tme unless someone that you now "ignore" happens to post and you certainly fit the bill for the second part.

Confuzion Bar was closed today.. Despite the recent post it was now open in the daytime midweek. Go there around midday. Makro has what looks to be some one off Farrang goods. Paxo stuffing, Colemans Horseraddish and Apple sauce, Bisto Gravy. More interesting was the Spam, Turkey Spam, Smoked Spam and Bacon Grill. Normally a staple for the not so well off in the UK but an expensive item here. And the real find for me as a northerner, Bisto Chip Shop Curry. Come on I know you want some. ;)

Confuzion Bar was closed today.. Despite the recent post it was now open in the daytime midweek. Go there around midday. Makro has what looks to be some one off Farrang goods. Paxo stuffing, Colemans Horseraddish and Apple sauce, Bisto Gravy. More interesting was the Spam, Turkey Spam, Smoked Spam and Bacon Grill. Normally a staple for the not so well off in the UK but an expensive item here. And the real find for me as a northerner, Bisto Chip Shop Curry. Come on I know you want some. wink.png

Drooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllll

• Like 1

I thought that you finally agreed that H/M actually stood for Happy Moaner! You seem happy most of the tme unless someone that you now "ignore" happens to post and you certainly fit the bill for the second part.

I was quite happy being a Happy Moaner, but it was brought to my attention that peeps down there thought that Bunting wasn't necessary for his royalness.

Now I see that Bill's trip looks like it's going to turn into a disaster Noodles Bill Noodles.

Unless you want to go down the Monty Python route 'Rout'

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

I was musing to myself this morning as I sat outside drinking coffee just before 6am in the freezing weather 66f 18c today EEEEEEK, how lovely it was to be here at festive time.

No crazy shopping paying double the price for veg +++, getting presents, putting up decorations, having to walk around freezing my Butt orf saying merry Christmas to every bugger most you don't know anyway.

Then after the festive dinner of Dry Old Bird 'Turkey' settling down to watch yet another rerun of the Sound of Music or the Great Escape.

This is a big thank you to all that have allowed me to be here, maybe there is a Buddha well for me there is. Even Mrs H/M seems to not look that bad. Na Just guesting on that one.

I do hope that all you Farangs have the same thought's, what ever your problems here it would be a dam sight worse back where you came from.

Wishing you all a very happy time over the coming few days.

The Happy Moaner.

AKA H/M (Royal).

Fred.

• Like 1

I was musing to myself this morning as I sat outside drinking coffee just before 6am in the freezing weather 66f 18c today EEEEEEK, how lovely it was to be here at festive time.

No crazy shopping paying double the price for veg +++, getting presents, putting up decorations, having to walk around freezing my Butt orf saying merry Christmas to every bugger most you don't know anyway.

Then after the festive dinner of Dry Old Bird 'Turkey' settling down to watch yet another rerun of the Sound of Music or the Great Escape.

This is a big thank you to all that have allowed me to be here, maybe there is a Buddha well for me there is. Even Mrs H/M seems to not look that bad. Na Just guesting on that one.

I do hope that all you Farangs have the same thought's, what ever your problems here it would be a dam sight worse back where you came from.

The Happy Moaner.

AKA H/M (Royal).

Fred.

I second that Fred. I hate this time of year back home. Im fact its not home to me anymore, Thailand is and feel very blessed to be here. A Merry Christmas to you and Yours. :)
  • Like 1

Yeah, I remember those times well. (but can't remember where I put my eyeglasses 10 minutes ago). I ran around doing everything and spending all of my money and the "fat man in the suit" got the credit for it!

It was just like things were at work!

Merry Christmas to all

• Like 2

Hey Nong, "no can do" They probably thought you only wanted to buy half a turkey!!!

It once happened to me there when I asked them to cut a leg of lamb in half until I explained that I wanted to buy the two halves!!!

I let the wife conduct the arranges with the child on the eighing machine so she knew we would have 2 halves, but obviously too much for him so early in the day.

As is always the case you find out things after the event. The manageress at Makro speaks good English and next time if I get a problem I will ask to speak with her, I understand that she has a "can do" approach.

Tesco in The Walk did not even have a chicken let alone a Turkey, why anyone would bother to there or the Walk is a mystery to my, Jeffers is good for Thai and non Thai food, but not worth the effort just to eat and BIG C 1 is now getting a lot smarter in response, although they only have ducks, well quack quack!

I let the wife conduct the arranges with the child on the eighing machine so she knew we would have 2 halves, but obviously too much for him so early in the day.

As is always the case you find out things after the event. The manageress at Makro speaks good English and next time if I get a problem I will ask to speak with her, I understand that she has a "can do" approach.

Tesco in The Walk did not even have a chicken let alone a Turkey, why anyone would bother to there or the Walk is a mystery to my, Jeffers is good for Thai and non Thai food, but not worth the effort just to eat and BIG C 1 is now getting a lot smarter in response, although they only have ducks, well quack quack!

Makro had butterball turkeys yesterday. The bigger tesco (not the walk) had all new lines in the freezer. New Zealand lamb, Rib eye and tbone steaks. Much better choice than last year. :)

And its a big Merry Christmas from the Metropolis to all readers as well, must admit though we will be watching the Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, Where Eagles Dare ( you missed that one Fred) just to show solidarity with folks back home. This home now as you all say but England will always be my home, just not the one we have to day, it changed radically this century, it was fine up to the 1990's it all went really wrong when "trust me Tony" and "Gordon is a Moron" took control of the place, still no going back on that, no slipping over on frozen pavments, dying of shock when the fuel bills arrive etc.

Now a good thing for you all too watch over the festive time on the computer, I watched it over the last few nights is the Queen documentary- These are the days of our lives, 2 parst 1 hour each, high recommended by me, they have a look at their live performance on the Live Aid 13th July, 1985.................ay 0............ay 0.

So with no turkey, we have a chicken to be eaten in the traditional way stuffed with Paxo noddle stuffing with sage and onion accompanied by roast noodles tok style, boiled potatoe/noodles menarm fashion, mashed carrot/onion and noodle al-a-petrol pork especially for KPP chums, we are leaving out the horse luggage soup this year as it has been cornered by KPP.

NOw dont you lot go enjoying yourself too much now!

Anyone who was thinking they were going to the bank on the 2nd of January be aware that it has been declared an extended Bank Holiday. Banks are closed from close of business on the 30th and do not re-open until the 5th of January.

• Like 1

Makro had butterball turkeys yesterday. The bigger tesco (not the walk) had all new lines in the freezer. New Zealand lamb, Rib eye and tbone steaks. Much better choice than last year. smile.png

It was a Butterball we plonked on the counter for them to cut, they just dont get it do they, no business sense whatsoever, where yes means yes, no or maybe, where "no can do" means "cant be bothered" and borrow means give.

• Like 1

I was quite happy being a Happy Moaner, but it was brought to my attention that peeps down there thought that Bunting wasn't necessary for his royalness.

Now I see that Bill's trip looks like it's going to turn into a disaster Noodles Bill Noodles.

Unless you want to go down the Monty Python route 'Rout'

H/M.

Fred.

Afternoon King Freddie

I rarely eat noodles but when I do they are cooked by 'er indoors who is a superlative cook who cooked and ran a small restaurant in BKK for many years until marrying me brought her a life of semi luxury and idleness.

I was figuring on going to that place by Sawan park wich does falang food but there are other international eateries around sucj as KFC, Mucky D's, Pizza places etc so I don't think I will be ruining my delicate palate and taste buds with N/S turkey noodles.

Spam sounds good especially when crispy fried accompanied by lashings of HP sauce.

The Happy Moaner.

AKA H/M (Royal).

Fred.

I second that Fred. I hate this time of year back home. Im fact its not home to me anymore, Thailand is and feel very blessed to be here. A Merry Christmas to you and Yours. smile.png

I agree with you Bim. In fact apart from growing up I have spent more time out of the UK than living there and a long time living east of Suez. I don't like the cold any more. It was 16C outside the house at 05.30 this morning and according to the Thai Met office their KPP weather station recorded 13.7C as the low temp for yesterday.

January is generally colder than December.

• Like 1

Makro had butterball turkeys yesterday. The bigger tesco (not the walk) had all new lines in the freezer. New Zealand lamb, Rib eye and tbone steaks. Much better choice than last year. smile.png

I must get my lamb from the big Tesco next month and whatever day I eat it will be designated as Xmas day. After all one day is much like another now at my age.

The Happy Moaner.

AKA H/M (Royal).

Fred.

I second that Fred. I hate this time of year back home. Im fact its not home to me anymore, Thailand is and feel very blessed to be here. A Merry Christmas to you and Yours. smile.png

I agree with you Bim. In fact apart from growing up I have spent more time out of the UK than living there and a long time living east of Suez. I don't like the cold any more. It was 16C outside the house at 05.30 this morning and according to the Thai Met office their KPP weather station recorded 13.7C as the low temp for yesterday.

January is generally colder than December.

Yep I was up at 6 this morning and it was so cold. Aclimitised to the warmer weather me thinks. I dare not post that on Facebook or my family and friends will surely think im taking the piss. ;)
  • Like 1

Well TV has done it yet again it NOW SEEMS THAT YOU POST TO MANY OF THE BUGGERS AFTER 4 NOT FIVE AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO TV MODS AS WELL.

Rant over.

?????????

Have you been drinking Mrs H/Ms coffee again or did you have an early G&T as I don't understand the message.

Well TV has done it yet again it NOW SEEMS THAT YOU POST TO MANY OF THE BUGGERS AFTER 4 NOT FIVE AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO TV MODS AS WELL.

Rant over.

?????????

Have you been drinking Mrs H/Ms coffee again or did you have an early G&T as I don't understand the message.

Sorry abut that but I thought it was self explanatory. If you put to many posts in the same list used to be 5, TV wont let you post same. They don't tell you it cant be done before you start tapping just wait till the end then it rebuffs all.

This has been the same since time immortal. It happened to me yet again today after I had spent time putting in a post having prechecked the No: of posts 4 and I got rebuffed now it seems that the 5 has gone out of the window and now it's 4.

I put it in large script hoping that something will be done about it.

I shall try yet again later to put in my original post.

Have just reread my post and yes it is a trite baffling in my defence H/M was very peed off.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Right original post well something like it.

They Bill did have Lamb in Makro yesterday not a huge amount and only shoulders and knuckles alas not legs.

We/I have gone for Duck this year reason Mrs H/M doesn't in her words do big Chicken. As I tap it is in the fridge drying out the skin Should be all set by the 25.

I'm sure that it'll go down well I have planned to carve it in Mrs H/M fashion. The neck head feet will be for Mrs H/M no doubt with copious quantities of rice & chillies not forgetting fish sauce. Daughter an I will have the delish bit's and Pepsi my Irish Wolf hound will have the leftovers bones ETC. I'm sure that when you pop in Bill provided you don't smell of Duck you will be safe this time from her teeth.

K.P.P News.

Paul our IT guru is now in Blighty only been there for 3 days and already has a virus.

Had an email from him followed by a phone call, seems he's peed orf big time what with the prices there not forgetting the weather.

H/M cant wait for his next trip to N/S Visa office in the new year.

I do as most peeps know like to put a Joke in my posts the above line was it.

That was not the full post just a pra'se of same. Only hope it's allowed to go in this time.

H/M.

Fred.

Note to self don't put in but when it should be by. Pre read the post before putting it in.

Edited by fredob43

They Bill did have Lamb in Makro yesterday not a huge amount and only shoulders and knuckles alas not legs.

We/I have gone for Duck this year reason Mrs H/M doesn't in her words do big Chicken. As I tap it is in the fridge drying out the skin Should be all set by the 25.

I'm sure that it'll go down well I have planned to carve it in Mrs H/M fashion. The neck head feet will be for Mrs H/M no doubt with copious quantities of rice & chillies not forgetting fish sauce. Daughter an I will have the delish bit's and Pepsi my Irish Wolf hound will have the leftovers bones ETC. I'm sure that when you pop in Bill provided you don't smell of Duck you will be safe this time from her teeth.

K.P.P News.

Paul our IT guru is now in Blighty only been there for 3 days and already has a virus.

Had an email from him followed by a phone call, seems he's peed orf big time what with the prices there not forgetting the weather.

That was not the full post just a pra'se of same. Only hope it's allowed to go in this time.

H/M.

Fred.

Note to self don't put in but when it should be by. Pre read the post before putting it in.

Sorry I dont get the joke are you feeling deprived of noodles or something? I will let the girls in Immigration know you are coming................Look out for twerp in a red jacket and jodpurs from over the border who eats duck instead of turkey and has funny look in his eye! Also trying to flog copies of old dvd's from the UK esp the Sound of Music!

K.P.P News.

H/M.

Fred.

Sorry I dont get the joke are you feeling deprived of noodles or something? I will let the girls in Immigration know you are coming................Look out for twerp in a red jacket and jodpurs from over the border who eats duck instead of turkey and has funny look in his eye! Also trying to flog copies of old dvd's from the UK esp the Sound of Music!
It was for peeps like you Dave that I put in it's a joke as I knew that you wouldn't get it.

If you read my post you would see that Mrs H/M doesn't eat BIG Chicken. Talking of Chicken aren't you having one for Christmas??? Cant it seems get a Turkey cut in half at your Makro's.

I don't normally have a funny look in my Regal eye's, well except when I get there and all the fumes get at me. But I might well have my Hunting gear on got to keep the locals on their toes.

Little tip.

Don't forget to leave Santa his mince pies and the odd drink, if he's like Buddha he wont consume any of it and it'll all be left for you. What have you asked for not another train set.

I've just settled for a new Lady, Royal of cause, evidently that seems to be easy to obtain here so not asking for the world.

I was thinking of leaving the Duck neck and bit's out for him then I thought what would Mrs H/M be have to eat. As it's the festive season cant leave her out like I normally do.

H/M.

Fred.

• Like 1