Nakhon Sawan News

nong38

If anyone is going to NS and desiring fish and chips, pie and chips (peas and gravy optional) full breakfast etc or excellent Thai food, I have it on good authority that the farang pub -- the confuZion bar is now open 11.00 a.m. till 11.00 p.m seven days a week. Aircon, cheapish ale (by NS standards). Near gate 11 Sawan Park, more or less opposite The Walk on the opposite side.

Frozen chips mind, but i never said they were perfect.

Whereabouts is gate 11 in relation to the old BigC?

If you go past old Big C and do a u turn at the first main set of lights where you would turn right to go to the Walk. The first left has two roads. Take that turn and instead of going left where the other entrance to the walk is and bon bon club is go straight up. Its the road that runs on the other side of the lake to the Walk side. Its about a minutes drive up that road on the right. Has a big sign above.

I normally come in from the north and at the clock tower with BigC on my right and turn right there to go up to Immigration. If I were to turn left at the BigC lights I would get onto Sawanvithee road going away from Immigration.

I am trying to follow your directions on Google Earth.

Nah it still doesn't work for me for some reason. Sorry

As you come into N/S big T/lights if you look left you will see the Walk up on the right. Go passed that set of T.Lights and take the next left & bare to the right. If I'm not mistaken that's where you'll find it.

Don't go as far as the Big C T/lights or you'll be buggered.

If in doubt you can always settle for a bowl of Dave's noodles, or a pizza near the visa place.

Hope your going by car as I don't think they let motor bike Hell's Angles in anyway. Nothing worse than sauntering in with all your stud's and scull and cross bone's on your jacket and being told to p/ss orf.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

If anyone is going to NS and desiring fish and chips, pie and chips (peas and gravy optional) full breakfast etc or excellent Thai food, I have it on good authority that the farang pub -- the confuZion bar is now open 11.00 a.m. till 11.00 p.m seven days a week. Aircon, cheapish ale (by NS standards). Near gate 11 Sawan Park, more or less opposite The Walk on the opposite side.

Frozen chips mind, but i never said they were perfect.

Whereabouts is gate 11 in relation to the old BigC?

If you go past old Big C and do a u turn at the first main set of lights where you would turn right to go to the Walk. The first left has two roads. Take that turn and instead of going left where the other entrance to the walk is and bon bon club is go straight up. Its the road that runs on the other side of the lake to the Walk side. Its about a minutes drive up that road on the right. Has a big sign above.

I normally come in from the north and at the clock tower with BigC on my right and turn right there to go up to Immigration. If I were to turn left at the BigC lights I would get onto Sawanvithee road going away from Immigration.

I am trying to follow your directions on Google Earth.

Nah it still doesn't work for me for some reason. Sorry

Ahh well then you dont go as far as Big C then. Go through the lights where the big police box/tower these are the ones before clock tower lights at Big C and where you turn right for Immigration. Then follow my instructions after where I say U turn. Hope that helps. Also if any younger Farrangs in NS who have a positive outlook on life wanna hook up for a beer then that would be great. I know another lad in NS who is in his 30s could join us. Maybe not even younger just ones that dont sit around bitching about living in this wonderful country would be great. :) Edited by bim

So you're a practitioner of ageism. Us GCCOF don't have positive outlook on life and sit around bitching too much for you? Interesting!

He must be talking about you Wayne cant possible be me, when I ask you have I ever moaned about anything.

If I remember right I have always had nice things to say about almost everywhere I go.

Well except Patts, BKK, Phitso, Chang Mai, Oh not forgetting N/S.

Note to self change my name from Hunt Master to Mr Happy.

Mr Happy ex H/M.

Fred.

So you're a practitioner of ageism. Us GCCOF don't have positive outlook on life and sit around bitching too much for you? Interesting!

He must be talking about you Wayne cant possible be me, when I ask you have I ever moaned about anything.

If I remember right I have always had nice things to say about almost everywhere I go.

Mr Happy ex H/M.

Fred.

Its the only ism there is. You can be 80 but still young at heart and have a positive outlook on life. I would even suggest as we get older and time runs out, after all we are only immortal for a limited time, we should be even more apprieciative of what we have and who we are with. Doesnt seam that way for those huddled around their beer daily in Fairyland. But hey I could be wrong. Costs nothing to be a nice person right? Offer still stands for anyone wanting a beer, a laugh, and some goodtimes in NS.

Mr Happy ex H/M.

Fred.

Fred, no need to change your sign off just the meaning. H/M = Happy/Moaner!

Bim, you did mention age "around 30" in your post, not mental capacity. I stopped counting birthdays at 29, now I just celebrate anniversaries of my birthday. I celebrated the 41st on this past Saturday. I think my mind is still young but my body and memory can't keep up anymore.

So the daily "party" has moved to Fairyland. I must say that I haven't been to Big C or downtown NS since my metal leg was installed at Rattanavej Hospital in August 2011. I make my yearly run to immigration coming from the south, on the back road past the prison, waving to my wife's relatives as I pass, and exit the same way and stop at Makro on the way out.

I'm surprised that somebody didn't ask what GCCOF stood for as there are many of us out there!

Edited by wayned

Mr Happy ex H/M.

Fred.

Its the only ism there is. You can be 80 but still young at heart and have a positive outlook on life. I would even suggest as we get older and time runs out, after all we are only immortal for a limited time, we should be even more apprieciative of what we have and who we are with. Doesnt seam that way for those huddled around their beer daily in Fairyland. But hey I could be wrong. Costs nothing to be a nice person right? Offer still stands for anyone wanting a beer, a laugh, and some goodtimes in NS.

Hi Bim

I am due for another 90 report on Saturday Jan 24th so I will be coming down sometime in the week 19th to 23rd Jan if you want to meet up somewhere. I wont know which day for a while yet but I will let you know.

Cheers

Bill

Mr Happy ex H/M.

Fred.

Fred, no need to change your sign off just the meaning. H/M = Happy/Moaner!

Bim, you did mention age "around 30" in your post, not mental capacity. I stopped counting birthdays at 29, now I just celebrate anniversaries of my birthday. I celebrated the 41st on this past Saturday. I think my mind is still young but my body and memory can't keep up anymore.

So the daily "party" has moved to Fairyland. I must say that I haven't been to Big C or downtown NS since my metal leg was installed at Rattanavej Hospital in August 2011. I make my yearly run to immigration coming from the south, on the back road past the prison, waving to my wife's relatives as I pass, and exit the same way and stop at Makro on the way out.

I'm surprised that somebody didn't ask what GCCOF stood for as there are many of us out there!

OK Wayne. I'll bite.

What does it mean?

• Like 1

Mr Happy ex H/M.

Fred.

Hi Bim

I am due for another 90 report on Saturday Jan 24th so I will be coming down sometime in the week 19th to 23rd Jan if you want to meet up somewhere. I wont know which day for a while yet but I will let you know.

Cheers

Bill

Cheers Bill. I think my 90 day is due around then. Be great to meet you. :)

From one Grumpy Cranky Cantankerous Old Fart to another GCCOF, my 90 day is due on 27 Jan and already have the copies made and the envelope ready to send it EMS. Recently I've been doing my monthly resupply run to Tesco in Chainat. I always go during the week and it'snot crowded. They have MK, KFC, Swensons, Dairy Queen and the Japanese place with the conveyor belt and sushi. Usually get ice cream at DQ and skip the rest!

Billd try it this way. On Sawanvitee with immigration behind you and Big C on your left go through the lights, carry on along Sawanvitee till the lights at the Aramis Hotel (not sure if it is the next lights or next but one), turn left here (sorry do not know the Soi number) down to the bottom (the park), sharp left and you are there.

Billd try it this way. On Sawanvitee with immigration behind you and Big C on your left go through the lights, carry on along Sawanvitee till the lights at the Aramis Hotel (not sure if it is the next lights or next but one), turn left here (sorry do not know the Soi number) down to the bottom (the park), sharp left and you are there.

It looks as though it is the road after Wimanmaen Road. The alternative would be coming from the north, turn left just after the Chinese pavilion on the lake just after the route 117 and it will be around the 6th road on the right according to Google Earth.

Nakhon Sawan is a little behind the times with Google street view as it doesn't seem to work down there. Oddly enough out in the sticks where I live it does.

Sadly my GPS failed the drop onto concrete test earlier this year.

Now I figure that I can find it.

Cheers

Bill

Edited by billd766
  • Like 1

It looks as though it is the road after Wimanmaen Road. The alternative would be coming from the north, turn left just after the Chinese pavilion on the lake just after the route 117 and it will be around the 6th road on the right according to Google Earth.

Nakhon Sawan is a little behind the times with Google street view as it doesn't seem to work down there. Oddly enough out in the sticks where I live it does.

Cheers

Bill

Bill if we meet up in Jan ill show you were it is. :)

Cheers

Bill

Bill if we meet up in Jan ill show you were it is. smile.png

Hi Bim

I am up for that and I will let you know in a couple of weeks roughly what day then we sort it out.

• Like 1

Cheers

Bill

Bill if we meet up in Jan ill show you were it is. smile.png

Hi Bim

I am up for that and I will let you know in a couple of weeks roughly what day then we sort it out.

Great. In the meantime have a wonderful Christmas and New Year. :)

Better be careful guys, if Dave picks up on this NS could instantly become the "The Dating Hub of SEA"!

Are you another NS GCCOF or does your post contain humour. Either way I think only you get it. Wanna explain who Dave is? Edited by bim

Better be careful guys, if Dave picks up on this NS could instantly become the "The Dating Hub of SEA"!

Are you another NS GCCOF or does your post contain humour. Either way I think only you get it. Wanna explain who Dave is?

Dave is Nong38 and his wife is in the noodle business.

Are you another NS GCCOF or does your post contain humour. Either way I think only you get it. Wanna explain who Dave is?

Dave is Nong38 the peeps who started this section in the first place.

Not been to active lately. Where are you Dave???

Your updates on N/S noodles sadly missed.

H/M.

Fred.

Ahh hence the noodle plugs, Anyway wishing you all a Merry Christmas. Hope its a good one for you and your loved ones.

And to you from all us upper class in this great place K.P.P.

Sorry to say my festive season is starting in a bad fashion tomorrow I will have to visit N/S have to go to the visa office need some info.

Then it'll be Big C and the Walk, am looking for a coffee maker the ones that use the capsules. I don't hold out to much hope but as I'm there will have a look see anyway.

Phitso was as their name implies the pit's in that direction the plaza was as good as nothing. Anyone going there to get any western food forget it, the place last Saturday was empty of peeps not to mention Waitrose goodies or even Cheese/Beef for that matter.

Just had an email from Dave so he's still alive and not gone down the pan, due too to many N/S Noodles. Stand by I'm sure he'll come up with Turkey flavoured ones soon.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43

Ahh hence the noodle plugs, Anyway wishing you all a Merry Christmas. Hope its a good one for you and your loved ones.

Sorry to say my festive season is starting in a bad fashion tomorrow I will have to visit N/S have to go to the visa office need some info.

Then it'll be Big C and the Walk, am looking for a coffee maker the ones that use the capsules. I don't hold out to much hope but as I'm there will have a look see anyway.

Phitso was as their name implies the pit's in that direction the plaza was as good as nothing. Anyone going there to get any western food forget it, the place last Saturday was empty of peeps not to mention Waitrose goodies or even Cheese/Beef for that matter.

Just had an email from Dave so he's still alive and not gone down the pan, due too to many N/S Noodles. Stand by I'm sure he'll come up with Turkey flavoured ones soon.

H/M.

Fred.

Fred I am sure I have seen those coffee makers once. Cant remember if it was Index, The Big Tesco near the Honda Garage, Home Pro or the big electrical place at the top of Fairyland. I am almost sure it was Tesco as they used to sell the capsuals. If you like a good medium cheese Makro sell these big blocks of Anchor cheese. Nice. Turkey flavoured noodles. Now that sounds nice. Damn im hungry now :) Also told that Makro will do good Beef Grade A beef joints but need three days to order.

H/M.

Fred.

Fred I am sure I have seen those coffee makers once. Cant remember if it was Index, The Big Tesco near the Honda Garage, Home Pro or the big electrical place at the top of Fairyland. I am almost sure it was Tesco as they used to sell the capsuals. If you like a good medium cheese Makro sell these big blocks of Anchor cheese. Nice. Turkey flavoured noodles. Now that sounds nice. Damn im hungry now smile.png Also told that Makro will do good Beef Grade A beef joints but need three days to order.
Thanks for that I'll have a look in Tesco tomorrow they have a big one in the Walk if I remember right.

I don't have a problem with getting goodies from Makro in K.P.P. Rib eye frozen in Makro or I go to Tak they have great Beef all are very top notch providing you cook them fast rare on a griddle pan. Or Cheese come to that, it's just that Tops in the Plaza used to sell all sorts of stuff, alas not any more.

Not that I went there to got to Tops, it was the Robinson I wanted to go to. They had the coffee makers but their coffee capsules were out of date by 3 months. So left empty handed.

H/M.

Fred.

What or where is KPP. Also Fred where is Robinsons and Tops near Nakhon Sawan? Also Makro in NS had Lamb last week. Even Goat? Yuk wink.png

KPP is Khampaeng Phet.

I think Fred was talking about Phitanulok where there is a Robinsons and Tops is the supermarket within Robinsons which itself is in the Central shopping mall if I remember correctly.

I will be down in NS (Nakhon Sawan) next month and probably buy the lamb then.

Goat is nice curried Ghurka style with lots of Ghurka rum. Next day it is advisable not to get too far from a toilet. Stock it with something to read and some cold drinks as you may be there for a while and many times.

• Like 1

Well, seems like the bunting will out at the end of January then, I will be away in Patters around that time welcoming tourists from the UK.

In the BIG C megga-complex I usually do the DQ and skip the rest as well, although the Yamazaki bakery next to Aunntie Annes is much better for availabilty now so a visit is a must. They have been doing a lot of refurb in the complex as well. The whole site is owned by Vittetheep ( V-Square), in Sawanvitte just past Fairyland and they seem to woken up to the fact that the Walk looked a lot better, so things at the Cinema end have been spruced up.

Meanwhile down by the bridge, new supports are being erected for the southbound lane, northbound will have to wait but for now a token jesture, the footpath where the northbound supports will go has been demolished, no signs of course, just dont go along there in the dark or you could do yourself a mischief!

Turkey Noodles are all the rage for the next few weeks complete with stuffing ( 500bts round the back).

Whilst rumours abound to my demise I can ssure you they are ill founded. I have been running in my model locomotives in the spare room on the project which all Thailand has been waiting for...........High Speed trains running in Thailand...........with no de-railments!

Some things have not run before and some have been stored for over a year so some lubricating has been required, but, am pleased to report that today successful runs have been completed by an HST set from the Western Region of BR, Class 50 "Hood" and "Formidable", Deltic "Crepello", :Pinza" and "Ballymoss". For steam buffs "Duke of Gloucester", "Guilemot", "King George V" "United States Line" will hopefully be underway tomorrow and shortly "Spitfire" and "Bideford". Along with wiring the points I have been rather busy, so if anyone wants to come and give me a hand anytime or have a look, let me know ( dont forget to have a valid visa ) and for those of a certain disposition the buffet will be open charging the usual BR prices!

Off to Makro tomorrow to buy a turkey.

What or where is KPP. Also Fred where is Robinsons and Tops near Nakhon Sawan? Also Makro in NS had Lamb last week. Even Goat? Yuk wink.png

KPP is Khampaeng Phet.

I think Fred was talking about Phitanulok where there is a Robinsons and Tops is the supermarket within Robinsons which itself is in the Central shopping mall if I remember correctly.

Goat is nice curried Ghurka style with lots of Ghurka rum. Next day it is advisable not to get too far from a toilet. Stock it with something to read and some cold drinks as you may be there for a while and many times.

Nice to see Dave back again. I bet his signalman's jacket has got a trite dirty. Having to have a day or two orf while it's sent to the cleaners.

What did I tell you can always rely on Dave to come up with Turkey Noodles at the right time of year.

Yes you right Bill Central 'Plaza' was the place I was referring to.

I don't know why they Makro was out of lamb, had loads yesterday I nearly got some but the ATM was buggered so other things like Beef rid eye had priority.

Right Bim you haven't heard of K.P.P. The best place to live in the WORLD allegedly.

Dave and others from down there have been trying to sneak in for years, sorry to say you do require a local visa for same.

One day if your a good boy Bill might sponsor you, it'll more than likely cost a few beers when you meet up though.

Tip.

You could try that old ploy of telling him if he doesn't he'll have to spend time with Mrs H/M (my wife) and her coffee or should that be mud, has been known to work in the past.

H/M.

Fred.

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

KPP is Khampaeng Phet.

Nice to see Dave back again. I bet his signalman's jacket has got a trite dirty. Having to have a day or two orf while it's sent to the cleaners.

What did I tell you can always rely on Dave to come up with Turkey Noodles at the right time of year.

Yes you right Bill Central 'Plaza' was the place I was referring to.

I don't know why they Makro was out of lamb, had loads yesterday I nearly got some but the ATM was buggered so other things like Beef rid eye had priority.

Right Bim you haven't heard of K.P.P. The best place to live in the WORLD allegedly.

Dave and others from down there have been trying to sneak in for years, sorry to say you do require a local visa for same.

One day if your a good boy Bill might sponsor you, it'll more than likely cost a few beers when you meet up though.

Tip.

You could try that old ploy of telling him if he doesn't he'll have to spend time with Mrs H/M (my wife) and her coffee or should that be mud, has been known to work in the past.

H/M.

Fred.

Bim you should be in bed at this time of night. Don't forget you have to help Dave put up the bunting ready for us upper class arrival tomorrow.

H/M will be very displeased if it's not there as usual.

H/M.

Fred.

• Like 1