British Airways Launches Super Special Fares

webfact

Instead of opening a new thread just gonna ask here.

Has anyone recently flown with BA to the UK, if so, what were your impressions?

I have looked on airlinequality, but no real input from people who travelled the route BKK - LHR.

Thanks for any info.

I have not flown from BKK to London, but have done the philadelphia - LHR route. Can honestly say that the BA in British Airways should stand for Bloo*y Awful. I have flown numerous airlines and the attitude of the cabin crew on my return jourmey was awful. Will never fly with them again and would advise anyone else to do the same. They are overpriced, underated and lack customer care. Never again. When flying East to BKK, I will ALWAYS use an Arab Airline, Emirates, Oman, Etihad. Customer care is 100% better than BA.

I agree totally I hate BA, they suck and customer service is appalling I send their loyalty card back to them and told them to ram it - I would rather pay more than patronize these <deleted>

but what a con, the departure taxes from LHR are not 18K baht, check out the tax figures quoted by other airlines

To be fair they don't say it's departure tax, they say "taxes, fees, charges and surcharges". The Thai tax is 700 Baht, The UK Air Passenger Duty is 3985 Baht and the UK Passenger Service Charge is 1695 Baht, making a total of 6390 Baht in taxes. On top of BA add a fuel surcharge of 12180 Baht.

Are you seriously defending their marketing approach?

I'm not a piece of furniture, a computer, or some commodity, so why is their a DUTY on me?

As for the UK Passenger Service Charge, Their total product is a service. They charge me for providing the service of flying me from one place to another. Other airlines sanely call their "service charge", AIRFARE. The BA approach is sleazy and insulting to one's intelligence.

Finally, I know a fuel surcharge has become the norm in the airline industry, but honestly, most of us are well aware that airplanes require fuel to work, so their approach is sort of like saying, "Look, we can sell you a ticket to fly from A to B really cheaply. HOWEVER, if you want us to fuel the plane so that you'll actually get there, well, that's another story. So, what will it be sir? Would you like the really cheap ticket that is completely useless, or would you like to pay the much higher price that will actually get you to point B?

Overall, the BA approach insults us as being a bunch of morons. What incredible arrogance! You might say that the BA approach is BS.

Edited by Wavefloater

but what a con, the departure taxes from LHR are not 18K baht, check out the tax figures quoted by other airlines

To be fair they don't say it's departure tax, they say "taxes, fees, charges and surcharges". The Thai tax is 700 Baht, The UK Air Passenger Duty is 3985 Baht and the UK Passenger Service Charge is 1695 Baht, making a total of 6390 Baht in taxes. On top of BA add a fuel surcharge of 12180 Baht.

Are you seriously defending their marketing approach?

Overall, the BA approach insults us as being a bunch of morons. What incredible arrogance! You might say that the BA approach is BS.

I'm not defending anything BA does, my earlier posts make that pretty clear.

What I'm saying is that the 18k isn't departure taxes, which it isn't.

They know what the costs are so why not be up front with them, Thai Airways and a number of other carriers show the full price in their ads so why not BA, they wouldn't get away with it in the UK.

Allow me to be surprised about above statement.

Does that mean you changed your stance on Air Asia also ?

Just curious.ohmy.png

Yermaneejap.gif

They know what the costs are so why not be up front with them, Thai Airways and a number of other carriers show the full price in their ads so why not BA, they wouldn't get away with it in the UK.

Why on earth should you be surprised, maybe you could enlighten?

I don't recall having a stance on Air Asia's pricing policy, but of course they should publish the all in fare, which budget carriers are required to do in many countries.

BA are a national carrier and should quote the all in fare in their adverts, they do so in the UK and most other countries so why not here, as I have said many other carriers include the "extras" in their headline figures.

You seem not to agree so maybe you could share your view?

Why on earth should you be surprised, maybe you could enlighten?

I don't recall having a stance on Air Asia's pricing policy, but of course they should publish the all in fare, which budget carriers are required to do in many countries.

BA are a national carrier and should quote the all in fare in their adverts, they do so in the UK and most other countries so why not here, as I have said many other carriers include the "extras" in their headline figures.

You seem not to agree so maybe you could share your view?

My view is quite simple : price published = price to pay.

All the other pricing policies are designed to confuse the unwary, and in my book that's cheating.

That includes all airlines, travel agents, businesses etc.

That's it really.

BTW if I offended you then I apologize.

Yermaneejap.gif

Interesting to note that if you commence your journey in the UK, a return flight to Bangkok is under £700, or about 33,500 Baht, I still don't understand this.

Its because you get a tail windclap2.gif

BA have never been the same since they stopped flying Concorde! I might have considered using them if they had Concorde on the BKK route, I stopped holding my breath 8 years ago!

BA have never been the same since they stopped flying Concorde! I might have considered using them if they had Concorde on the BKK route, I stopped holding my breath 8 years ago!

I used to watch Concorde take off every day from my office at Heathrow, never tired of it.

I flew it once to New York, my only disappointment was that there was nobody famous on board, apart from me, we arrived in New York before we left London, in fact we were too early to book into our hotel.

I used to watch Concorde take off every day from my office at Heathrow, never tired of it.

I flew it once to New York, my only disappointment was that there was nobody famous on board, apart from me, we arrived in New York before we left London, in fact we were too early to book into our hotel.

Totally agree with you, stuck in a traffic jam on the M25 one hot august night, roof open and over it came WOW! I am lucky to have a sound recording of the last 3 concordes coming over south east London. A sad end ot an iconic bit of kit and nothing to replace it, a step backwards in aviation history.