Khon Kaen Courses

farangme

I played the course at Ubon Rattana Dam which is a plain but decent track and was very inexpensive during the summer. I went after heavy rains the day before and it was quite wet and almost unplayable but I played anyway. The grass was in need of cutting but due to recent rains it had not been cut. On the day, I recall the caddy fee was higher than the green fee and total something like less than 400 baht all in walking. I was staying next to the airport and it was about 30 minutes away on the north side of KK.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just back from KK. Played Singha Park and Dancoon. Singha in great condition inspite of the 41 degree heat that day. Nice to play a quality course again. As for Dancoon, it was rather basic and in average condition. Nothing memorable and would rather pay a little more for Singha. Didn't make it to Rattana Dam.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have played there a few times.

Really good layout but course lacks money to get it into shape.

Greens are not bad, bunkers are very bad, fairways are so bad I pick and place at all times.

However, I would recommend that you still go and play it.

Very long couse with one par 5 at 625m I think.

Great views as you play around the lake.

Happy to meet you there for a knock if you wish.

As for playing in Khon Kaen itself there are great courses.

I would rate them as follows.

Singa Park

Ubonrat Dam

Dancoon

Agrigultural

Army

Singa is the most expensive at 1000 baht on sports days being Tues and Wed.

Singa is in much better condition that any course I have played in Pattaya.

If you plan on playing golf in KK you should consider joining the IGA (Isaan Golf Association). Go to the khonkaengolf website for details. Two rounds and the membership pays for itself. They have discounts for golf and hotels.

i played singha park a few weeks ago. its good, but not as good as some make it out to be. i would rate narai hill, summit windmill and laem chabang as better, just to take a few examples. singha is extremely flat, and only made interesting by a million bunkers. however, their facilities (clubhouse, driving range etc) are some of the most immaculate and beautiful i have ever seen.

And they are the same price to play as Singa right?

1000 baht including caddie fee?

I think not. For the price Singa is very hard to beat but I am sure there are many better courses in Thailand. But this forum posting is about Khon Kaen.

Edited by noddy77

• 4 weeks later...

Just back from KK today. Singha still the best deal in town. Dancoon just as expensive and nothing memorable about it, especially the service. Stopped at Ubbanrat Dam on the way home. Looked in great shape and cheap price. Will hit that next time. Although my TL favs are Siam CC in Pats and Banyan in Hui Hin, Singha is certainly the best value. Maybe they will add some more trees to break up the sameness.

Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect App