Where To Find Thai Workers?

tekinsel

my thai wife bought small massage shop with workers ( 3 workers ) and after payment money all workers escaped ( i think owner buy another shop and move them too ) next days no workers came and we had to close shop temporarily and tried to find workers, contact lots of massage schools in bangkok ( free massage schools too ), put papers, 1 year nobody called, and in this time lots of customers came or called for massage, i wrote to pay more than other shops and pay guarantee money more than others, nobody and nobody. Now i found a massage teacher and she helps for teaching massage if i can find workers ( if not know massage ), some customers and friends asked why not go isaan and hire worker there, i not know anything and my wife working in Toyota now, can someone help me where to go, how to find? friends asked only go but they not know where,how,etc. Shop has only Thai massage and foot massage, not sexual services and only Thai people lives around here. Thanks for helps.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Had it not been illegal for me as a foreigner to work in a massage place I had done it myself. I do it plenty of times for my friends here anyway, but yeah... it´s not really legal, and I don´t speak Thai to understand the mostly Thai customer visitting your massage place.

Could have been a nice hobby until you find other staff. Okay, but I think the best suggestion has been given already. There are many places where you can hang your post for free. At the Villa Market at Phrom Phong seems popular and I often see Thai stand and read the posts. :)

I wonder why massage schools did not respond to your call, as they must be full of young students in need of work.

In case you need any Marketing/ Promotion done for your new Marketing place, let me know. :)

Good luck with everything. Let me know if I can help.

• 4 months later...

Hi

If you guys can find the way to hiring people please let me know, I started a small business ( coffee ) in Chiangmai I got the same problem no body want to work or if they got offer from another job they just left and leave you hanging, I very need to find sale staff for the past year I still looking for a sale rep. If you have any suggestion.

Think you have problems getting workers, we pay good money for rubber tappers [ skilled ] good tapper can make over 30,000 a month in the good times. Not raining much, or dormant period. So say 300,000 a year or more, if prices go back to the highs that were you can double that. This season couldn't find tappers to work, need 14 only had 8.

Workers are happy to come work until they have a pocket full of Baht, then piss off for a good time.

Rubber is a life time well paid job, tappers have their own plantations to run and take a percentage for life, they can live on the land, no rent. Yet I have no tappers that started with us lef,t after 4 years.

Just the rural Thai way, no mortgage, no rent and really no food costs. Plenty of jobs if they want to work, rice, cassava, fruit. Then it;s hammock or hunting. fishing time, plus Lao Kow until the money is gone.

That's life and I can not change the system, just have to work it as best we can. Jim

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Find some Chinese workers then. They will work hard, won't slack off on the job and your business will be very successful in a short period of time. Most Chinese businesses in Laos only employ Chinese workers, perhaps its time the same happens in Thailand? Lol

So your wife don't wish to work herself ?? All small (and big too) massageshop owners can massage very well, just able to 'the boss' is a bit weird as also she must be qualified for the job. She's a poor mamasan and networker anyway, not experienced at all. Perhaps wise to stop this sweet illusion ?