Muay Thai Gym For Newbies/Novices?

exyalie

Hope this question does not sound hopelessly naive, but....

I will be in Bangkok again soon (very) for a few months and would like to add a variation to my fitness routine... namely taking some training in a boxing gym. I am "mature" but in good shape and strong, but never seriously pursued muay thai training.

Is it even possible to find such a place? And, if so, does anyone have either personal experience or recommendations for me?

Really appreciate it!

no. not ignorant or naive-choice a plenty. Many farang-though many of the ''bouncer type'' come to here just for that. But start with nr 1-traffic and location; where do you intend to stay? How far willing to travel? and uh-cost-I suppose you do not think it is free or even cheap. If it is a a place with AC-forget it-only some fake ''makeitbelieveassuch'' for utter naive farang. And you plan to come in the hottest of seasons....

The only Naive or stupid questions are the ones not asked. It's a good idea really to stay in good shape and the fact that it is hot is probably better too.

Here is the Google search i just did in 4 seconds though as "muay thai gyms in bangkok". I think it is what you are looking for.

http://www.google.co.th/#q=muay+thai+gym+bangkok&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=plcs&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=CYlIT_iSJsHUrQe37_y-Dw&ved=0CEkQtQM&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=e52cb9a68c79f26d&biw=1256&bih=638