Outdoor Waterproof Speakers, Where To Buy In Bangkok?

george

I'm looking for a pair of outdoor waterproof speakers to get music in my garden/patio. I already have the speaker cables done. Now i need the hardware part.

Where can I buy these in Bangkok? I would also consider buying them on eBay.

Please advise.

Cheers

If you're not above spending a bit of money, I'd find a Bose dealer and check out their 151 series of "environmental" speakers. They are designed for yachts, and can withstand salt / marine environment, snow, etc, backed up by a 5 year warranty. Additionally, they sound great like Bose products should. Info on the Bose website here.

• Like 1

If you're not above spending a bit of money, I'd find a Bose dealer and check out their 151 series of "environmental" speakers. They are designed for yachts, and can withstand salt / marine environment, snow, etc, backed up by a 5 year warranty. Additionally, they sound great like Bose products should. Info on the Bose website here.

I think technology is such that lots of brands are pretty much equal to the task of outdoor music without breaking the bank...might want to check out any marine electronics store.

Of course you could always install jacks and plug in some nice mid range home theater speakers while the barbie is heating up..don't think you would be sitting out in the rain listening to music after all ??...lol

Most outdoor speakers are not "water proof", they are water resistant. They should be protected from heavy rain and other water sources -- under a covered awning or soffit, etc. I have regular indoor JBL in ceiling speakers outiside in the ceiling of my gazebo, and they are fine after 5 years of use. They are not exposed to water/rain (except for what may leak through the gazebo roof), but the environment is more humid and dusty that in the house. The Bose 151's are a great choice, albeit expensive for what you get. I have 2 pairs of JBL SP36iiPM on my balconies, and they are very good, albeit not as efficient as the Bose. They come in a fully enclosed plastic cabinet that mount on the wall. They are mounted high on the wall under the soffit and get little if any exposure to rain. In Thailand, I would look at Yamaha outdoor speakers, as I expect that you will get better value than with speakers imported from the US.