Working As An Personal Trainer In Bkk

crabstix

Soutpeel is correct I think. Anything a Thai can do we cannot (with exceptions of course) but I really don't think that this would be an exception.

To be honest you cannot get a Work Permit for sure. Those Muay Thai instructors and weight trainers etc. only make about 8000 baht per month anyways unless they own their own gym, dojo etc.

I knew of an American who worked in Chiang Mai at Powerhouse gym. He did get a work permit. I know he got the job while in the US.

This was back in 2006.

I dont think this is what the OP had in mind....Believe is talking about becoming a "freelance" personal trainer.

There is nothing in the Thai labour law which prohibits a foregiener from becoming a personnel trainer and being issued a WP.

In the example you have the given it seems the person concerned was recruited oversea's and was employed by a Thai company which would comply with all the requirements ie THB 2.0 mill company, employs 4 X Thai nationals etc, also we dont know what exactly was written on his work permit, I could have a nutrition and health consultant...or some other important sounding job title the Labour office likes to see