Fire Somewhere?

A construction workers camp site seems to have been burnt down near the Tongsai Bay Hotel entrance, on the right hand side of the Tongsai Bay Road driving towards Choeng Mon at the hillsidel towards the summit villas development. I drove by around 11 am and et the site every thing was still smoldering and there were many blackend corrugated sheets lying around. But as it looked like, there was no real house burning.

cheers, Carlos

I have just passed the yellow Airport Water truck presumably empty coming back down the road from Six Senses/Coco estate etc.

Not sure of Soi number but comes out at the 7/11 near Plai Laem Temple.

Turn at the 7-11 and you will see a fire. Well that describes 50,000 locations in Thailand right now. angry.png

I have just passed the yellow Airport Water truck presumably empty coming back down the road from Six Senses/Coco estate etc.

Turn at the 7-11 and you will see a fire. Well that describes 50,000 locations in Thailand right now. angry.png

There is only 1 Six Senses on the island, and only 1 soi from there which heads towards 1 Plai Laem Temple, and actually only 1 7-11 at that point. So I thought it pretty accurate a description.wai.gif

Really sorry my post was of no help to you, kennalder.

I will try to be more specific next time.

There is only 1 Six Senses on the island, and only 1 soi from there which heads towards 1 Plai Laem Temple, and actually only 1 7-11 at that point. So I thought it pretty accurate a description.wai.gif

wrong, not mentioned the Soi# and there are 2 7-11 near Plai Laem temple to which you can drive on 3 different Sois from Six Senses, however it should be clear now. BTW no yellow water trucks there, but 3 red fire trucks.....

I really didn't expect what I had hoped was a helpful post to have caused such discussion.

For clarification for kennalder and Birdman, the road I was alluding to is the first soi after Big Buddha driving towards Choengmon.

The soi does not have a number displayed as far as I can see, but it runs between the Family Mart and a 7/11, and is BEFORE Plai Laem Temple.

It is named Tongsai Road and for further clarification, you will see signs for Outrigger Resort, Melati Resort, Six Senses and others at the turn.

If in further doubt, after driving along the soi for approximately 3-400 metres you will cross a small bridge and then pass a police station on your left.

You can see Plai Laem Temple on your right.

I apologise to Birdman for making the erroneous assumption that the yellow, airport based water truck I saw coming down Tongsai Road from the direction of where the fire was situated had been attending the fire, clearly just a coincidence.

Thanks Carlos for clearing up exactly where the fire had been.

Yorkie's description of location makes perfect sense to anyone who lives here or knows the area. To anyone that doesn't know then what does it matter?

The whole point of there being a fire and people's safety HERE is the only concern really

Big C's translated post:

The fire was in a hotel in Plai Laem

Thanks human transltors are 10 times better than computer genorated translators

Wot's ee on about Rooo? laugh.png

Is the fire out yet?

More importantly what's happened to the Sunday buffet at Haveli? ohmy.png

Big C's translated post:

Is the fire out yet?

i herd that smokie was invloved in a fire

Big C's translated post:

Is the fire out yet?

i herd that smokie was invloved in a fire

You can't prove nuthin'...ph34r.png

Yeah mind you there will be plenty of smoke in Amsterdam this weekend! biggrin.png

Edited by smokie36

no smoke with out fire cowboy.gif

"Let them eat cake".....biggrin.png

maybe the mayor of amsterdam was visiting Banrak and they wanted him to feel at home so they made an exeption and inported a load of emmmmmmm hemp cough cough!!!

no smoke with out fire cowboy.gif

"Let them eat cake".....biggrin.png

maybe the mayor of amsterdam was visiting Banrak and they wanted him to feel at home so they made an exeption and inported a load of emmmmmmm hemp cough cough!!!

Nope there's none left now. cool.png