Kawasaki W650... I Want One...

dagling

Relive the 60s with the delightful Kawasaki W650. Styling is spot on – the exhausts are closer to a 60s Bonneville than Triumph’s own latter day replica. Modern handling, engine and reliability means all the joy of a classic with none of the grief. Relaxed performance unlike the Boneneville of the 1960s.

I have start my search for a Kawasaki W650, and I want the color as shown in the photo... What a stunning looking bike it is... Agree??? clap2.gif

post-84957-0-59865500-1330511073_thumb.j

I started a topic a while back called something like Kawa W650 yes please where I was asking the bike/forum readers if it will be sold here.

Sadly for unknown reasons Kawa decided not to sell it in Thailand.

I love how it looks too, its just beautiful, the "modern" Kawa 650 don't appeal to me at all.

If you check GT rider: There is a guy in there that bought a brand new out of the box from Japan, I think he paid just under 500k bath via a shop in BKK

that do those imports.

I sadly will not buy a new bike without warranty, spareparts maybe also expensive and long waiting time (Not likely that you need any, with a low output engine).

Here's a few for you to look over, i haven't done anything other than copied the links, so look carefully smile.png

http://www.mocyc.com...assified=656987

http://www.mocyc.com...assified=653688

http://www.mocyc.com...assified=651708

http://www.mocyc.com...assified=646570

Cheers Karlos, some very nice bikes there mate. Will call them tomorrow for sure.

If Triumph manage to get the Bonnevilles for sale here on the same terms as the Ducati 795 then it should be a similar price too.

I think the current price for a Bonneville in Thailand is still 580k Baht.

Imagine how pissed the current owners would be if Britbike suddenly starts selling the same bike at a much lower price.... hit-the-fan.gif

I think the current price for a Bonneville in Thailand is still 580k Baht.

It was over 600k when I checked at the Chiang Mai showroom a few weeks ago. At somewhere around 400k I'd be very interested but at current prices no way.

Edited by cm das

Imagine how pissed the current owners would be if Britbike suddenly starts selling the same bike at a much lower price.... hit-the-fan.gif

Extremely! Maybe they could do a Ducati and make a slightly different model to sell cheaper. Put on some different handle bars or something and knock off 200,000thb of tax. :D

Extremely! Maybe they could do a Ducati and make a slightly different model to sell cheaper. Put on some different handle bars or something and knock off 200,000thb of tax. biggrin.png

hahaha, the TAX, now there is a good idea. Cut it and they'll find more of us will buy.

Pure Maths.

And relax.

On our trip down to Kho Samet for a few days of beach and sea, we went to Bangkok to take a look at a Kawasaki W650. The bike was purchased and is now forwarded by post office. Expect to have it in a week.

Here it is outside the post officeclap2.gif

post-84957-0-02096500-1330945481_thumb.j

On our trip down to Kho Samet for a few days of beach and sea, we went to Bangkok to take a look at a Kawasaki W650. The bike was purchased and is now forwarded by post office. Expect to have it in a week.

Nice, looking good, congrats! And i guess it was a little bit cheaper than a used Triumph would have been.

I am curious: Has greenbook? How much you payed? How many km?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE swap that front brake line for a genuine hose or a real aftermarket braided hose.

There are so many fake copies of Goodridge, Earl hose etc that it's not worth taking the chance.

Nice bike and was it one from the links i gave you?

Karl :)

Nice, looking good, congrats! And i guess it was a little bit cheaper than a used Triumph would have been.

No Greenbook (live up in Isaan, not so many BIB up here), I payed 170.000 THB, Year 2004 and have 34.000 km.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE swap that front brake line for a genuine hose or a real aftermarket braided hose.

There are so many fake copies of Goodridge, Earl hose etc that it's not worth taking the chance.

Karl smile.png

Ha ha ha, yeah will swap the front brake line for sure. And no Karl, it is not from one of the links you gave me.

Karl smile.png

And no Karl, it is not from one of the links you gave me.

Dam, no drink for me then! :( hehehe

Karl smile.png

And no Karl, it is not from one of the links you gave me.

Dam, no drink for me then! sad.png hehehe

Ha ha ha, I saved some money NOT baying a second ahnd Triumph Bonneville, so I can afford a couple of beers Karldrunk.gif Just say where and when if you stay in Khon Kaen area sometime...

They are after all what this bike was trying to copy back in the day so why not get the real thing?

Just to let you know the W650 is the descendent's of the W1 which Kawasaki came out with in 1965, in 65 the engine still wore the Meguro badge and in 1966 they went to full Kawassaki badging. the W1 is an almost exact replica of the BSA A10....don't mean to seem pretensions or anything just thought i would drop some knowledge....cheers

No Greenbook (live up in Isaan, not so many BIB up here), I payed 170.000 THB, Year 2004 and have 34.000 km.

thats a great looking bike + price

congratulations

Triumph Bonneville Versus Kawasaki W650

If you're talking about modern classically-styled twins, then which is actually better? Brady Davis rides both regularly, and so take us down some parallel lines...

My motorcycling career kicked off in the 1970s with a schoolboy interest limited to buying copies of Bike and later Which Bike magazines. My first motorcycle was a Suzuki TS100ER (two-stroke, street / trail bike in blue) in '81. However what I really hankered after was a big twin, like those I had read about but it just never seemed to happen. I 'progressed' via a well-used CB250T (yes a twin but…) to a number of Japanese multis, staying with Yamaha or Kawasaki for a good many years. However my desire for one of those parallel twins which I had seen all those years ago remained.