Internet / Cable Tv Darkside

madgolfer

Hi all,

Moving to the Darkside...Nernplubwan...Suwattana Gardens, I see there is TMN there cableTV/internet. Would appreciate any comments on the service or what others are using there that in particular have no problems downloading torrents. We need cable TV as well so any opinions and providers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Morning from Soi Siam Country Club.

We use True for internet. Excellent service so far and when we have had the occasional hiccup they are on the case PDQ. Great English speaking gals in their BKK call center.

Cable TV ... we have tried them all over the years. Not at all happy with any of them so are reverting to (again) True for the F1 and EPL football.

BTV would NEVER be on my shopping list again, repeats and even more repeats. The others are also guily but not as bad as BTV.

I have heard that TMN offer a one off 'black box' for 5K which descrambles a good many channels that others don't offer. Both the fellas that told me about it rate it highly.

My concern would be that if the main providers suddenly change the coding it could leave people unable to view the programmes.

Good luck, it ain't rocket science but don't sign up for more than 3 months so you can change at will.

Paul1

Hi,welcome to Suwattana,i have had a house here for last 6 years,although I only stay 6/7 months in each year at the moment.I also use true internet and was downloading torrents no problem,prior to the demise of btjunkie.

My apt. building switched the internet service to TMN so I have no choice. The want 350 baht per month for a username/Password card. Torrents with TMN, hahahahahahhahah NO WAY JOSE. Stable internet with TMN, No way jose.

Even TOT with there dial-up crap connections are better then these guys so obviously you have my recommendation for TMN............don't use them !!!!!!

I just use my iPhone 4 with Truemove internet now as a "hotspot" and will just let my TMN card for the month run out.

I am on Suwattana and using Sophon Internet - service has been very stable and no problem with torrents though the international connection is fairly slow - 0.4mb at the moment.

Have Sophon Cable TV as well which, with the torrents, is adequate though the quality is a bit iffy.