*Fast* Download Of Windows 8 "Consumer Preview" In Thailand

wpcoe

I just finished downloading the 64-bit version of "Windows 8 Consumer Preview ISO images Beta" (3.4GB) in 51 minutes using 3BB's 9Mb/1Mb service. The download averaged around 1135 KB/s. Apparently Microsoft has a close by mirror site -- in Singapore? Hong Kong? Dare I dream: Bangkok?

To access the same link I used, go to: MajorGeeks.com and click on "Download@Author's Site".

Unfortunately, I don't have any blank DVD's at home, only CD's. So unless I get inspired to make a boot USB stick, I'll need to wait until I go shopping. I intend to load Win8 in a virtual machine, unless it seems slow, in which case I'll set up a dual-boot.

PS: If you are at all geeky, and don't already follow MajorGeeks, I recommend it. It's a daily list of updated/new software. I find out about updates to my software here much faster than any other method. They also link to some often humorous news articles.

I had a geeky mood and decided to istall Win8 32bits on a spare drive that was laying idle. Well after reconnecting the original drive (disconnected it before the install so i coold choose with the bios-options wich OS to boot).

It appeared Win8 is trying to take over the bios as it is very hard to get into the bios on startup now. Also with both OS there seems to be an eternal compulsory disk-cheking of all the four partitions on my rig on every startup. . Bottomline; Best install Win8 on a single OS on a computer.

It appeared Win8 is trying to take over the bios as it is very hard to get into the bios on startup now. Also with both OS there seems to be an eternal compulsory disk-cheking of all the four partitions on my rig on every startup. . Bottomline; Best install Win8 on a single OS on a computer.

Never heard of an O/S 'taking over the bios' if you want to post a detailed explaination I am sure we can help you.