"Marriage Visa" Summary?

Hi, gang. From what I have read on here, a so-called, "Marriage Visa," is a non-imigrant Type-O visa permitting one year of stay with mandatory 90-day reporting. I am not old enough for a retirement visa or I would go that route.

Has anyone put together a FAQ on obtaining a Type-O visa based on marriage. I'm looking for something very clear cut as steps, forms, and papers needed that is not included with other "visa types" and does not include running dialog. I think this would help a lot of people.

Thanks Much,

- J

There is no marriage visa.

There is a single or multi entry non immigrant O visa available from a Consulate for those married to a Thai which allows up to 90 day stay per entry.

There is a Thai wife extension of stay available from immigration allowing up to one year stay with proof and financials of 400k in bank account two months or income of 40k per month.

• Like 1

Just to expand on Lopburi3's absolutely correct posting:

If you are on a multi entry non-immigrant 'O' visa you have to leave the country every 90 days.

If you are on a Thai wife extension you have to report to immigration every 90 days.

• Like 1

Hey, that was brilliant and fast response. I think I understand now. I do not plan to leave Thailand for anything more than a border run, and am here sometimes on 15-day no-cost visa from border run and sometimes on dual entry tourist visa. It sounds like instead of a TV run for dual entry, I should file for an Non-imm O visa. Is that correct or can I simply get a year by showing marriage and income?

Best is to get a non-O visa, with your marriage certificate and copy of wife's ID-card and household registration and a smal note from your wife asking for a visa for you.

Once you get that you will be allowed to stay in Thailand for 90 days, and after 60 days you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay if you can show an income of 40,000 baht a month (can be from abroad) or 400,000 baht in a bank account in your name in Thailand, for at least 2 months.