Show Us Your Ride!

jbowman1993

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a nice ride terdsak! Plenty of room in it too. Somebody mentioned that the Fortuner is pretty thirsty but for a vehicle that size I'm not surprised. How many km/liter do you get? I think my old Toyota gets about 7km/lit and it only has a 2.0 in it! Must be that heavy, old chassis it has.

That's a nice ride terdsak! Plenty of room in it too. Somebody mentioned that the Fortuner is pretty thirsty but for a vehicle that size I'm not surprised. How many km/liter do you get? I think my old Toyota gets about 7km/lit and it only has a 2.0 in it! Must be that heavy, old chassis it has.

I get an average of around 10KM/L, great cars, hard as nails.

Get around in a 23 year old Volvo. A 2.3 injection engine(original), manages better then 8km/liter in a 2 ton chassis with city driving :D On big highway trips ith gets up to 10km/liter at a 120-130kph pace.

If somebody decides to hit it with a Soluna or a City, they'll be mightily dissapointed with how little damage the volvo will have :o

Pretty solid cars they built back then those Swedes :D

post-4701-1134389242_thumb.jpg

Edited by monty

Here is my ride: 1981 Toyota Carona Liftback. A true muscle car (not!). Hear the roar of the inline 4! They don't make 'em like they used to. The little 2 liter engine drinks as much or more gas than my Dodge Caravan that I had in the States and that thing had a 3.8 liter V-6 in it.

post-4258-1134439701_thumb.jpg

I paid 130000bht for it, so far i've spent another 40000bht on it, it still needs minor work but mechanically and apart from one rusty door hinge its fine. :D

:o

For 130k I would expect mighty condition. Should I expect anything less than 150k for a good condition one ?

what did you spend another 40k for ? body or mechanical ?

Does it have Air con ? :D

I want to buy this one as a toy car but I don't want to spend my days at the repair shop.

Edited by Butterfly

I've seen some of these old VW bugs around. They're nice little cars and from what I've heard they're pretty simple and easy to work on. The really old ones had flat dashboards. My brother's first car was a VW bug. Years ago, teens in the US used to soup them up and put huge tailpipes on them. Some can go pretty quick!

I paid 130000bht for it, so far i've spent another 40000bht on it, it still needs minor work but mechanically and apart from one rusty door hinge its fine. :D

:o

For 130k I would expect mighty condition. Should I expect anything less than 150k for a good condition one ?

what did you spend another 40k for ? body or mechanical ?

Does it have Air con ? :D

I want to buy this one as a toy car but I don't want to spend my days at the repair shop.

No air con yet, spent a bit on re-chroming for the bumpers etc, new 009 distributor, leads etc etc. also brought some parts back from the uk.

Its been fully re-wired already.

I've seen some of these old VW bugs around. They're nice little cars and from what I've heard they're pretty simple and easy to work on. The really old ones had flat dashboards. My brother's first car was a VW bug. Years ago, teens in the US used to soup them up and put huge tailpipes on them. Some can go pretty quick!

I do all my own maintenance on it as i've always had one in the UK also.

Mine is a 1965.