Rising Local Gold Prices Hit Record High

george

Is gold cheaper here than in other countries?

If it was I would buy it by the tonne and sell it elsewhere..

Gold is a global commodity with a value equal everywhere (unless taxed on purchase)..

Gold jewellery, on the other hand, is cheaper in Thailand than here in Australia- the workmanship costs being vastly lower.

Or, should I say, the jewellery costs about as much but is vastly more than 9 carat.

Is gold cheaper here than in other countries?

the base metal price is the same as other countries , the labor to do jewel is very low and tax nearly no existent !

gold ornament yes is cheaper here but not to the liking to everyone !

the price of the bullion is nearly the same as jewel , the jewel have labor cost on it, but the bullion bit more of carat in it !

I believe Thai gold is not easily sold outside the country !

and the trend is the dollar go up and the gold follow , today the dollar drop and the gold lost 18 dollar, bit strange ! inflation perhaps ?

Edited by simcity

No surprises that gold is going into orbit. I believe it is only the beginning, it's been supressed for too long, time for a correction. That goes for all metal commodities.

As far as the dollar relationship goes it's going through a divorce and watch gold climb as the dollar falls in the next 18 mths, after that all you will be able to do is gawp as gold surges past $1,000 and up.

Once gen public want some and it becomes part of portfolio's who's telling where it will stop.

One things for sure it, has a long way to go before it tops out, and don't be fooled by a correction or two just pick up some gold on the drops and hold on for the ride.

wonder what my wifes mum would say to 20,000 bht a baht :o cos I reckon it is a dead cert before the decades end.