Don't Cry For Her, Thailand

webfact

And a good job he's doing as well,just think how better he would be if he was the Prime Minister.

Yes of course, and she is doing another Thaksin so called drug war, this time targeting anti PTP people? 2500 last time, how many this time?

Actually, its Chalerm heading the War on Drugs. As with most other initiatives of the government, its not Yingluck coming up with ideas, organizing or doing the work.

I remember a few months ago, a headline praising Yingluck for imposing a "CEO" style in cabinet meetings, further reading of the story showed, almost reluctantly, that the move came after Chalerm got fed up with the long meetings.

She's just window dressing, the real movers and enforcers in this government are far less photogenic.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And a good job he's doing as well,just think how better he would be if he was the Prime Minister.

Yes of course, and she is doing another Thaksin so called drug war, this time targeting anti PTP people? 2500 last time, how many this time?

Actually, its Chalerm heading the War on Drugs. As with most other initiatives of the government, its not Yingluck coming up with ideas, organizing or doing the work.

I remember a few months ago, a headline praising Yingluck for imposing a "CEO" style in cabinet meetings, further reading of the story showed, almost reluctantly, that the move came after Chalerm got fed up with the long meetings.

She's just window dressing, the real movers and enforcers in this government are far less photogenic.

And Thaksin is the man behind the curtain, as in the "The Wizard of Oz"

The task of the prime minister is to take very unpleasant decissions, which hurt a part of the population maybe very much, but necessary to protect a much bigger part of the population.

The other ministers should be task professionals for the Ministry they are responsable for.

Sorry, but THAT's why I hired in a (prime) minister and not a comic on TV.

When HE or SHE is not able to do so, sorry, has to be replaced.

I think I posted this elsewhere, but all PM and Presidents all over the world have scrip writers. Thats why they the PM's and Presidents read the proofs earlier and later then read it off a Teleprompter as the News readers do.

Dont see a problem there.

The task of the prime minister is to take very unpleasant decissions, which hurt a part of the population maybe very much, but necessary to protect a much bigger part of the population.

The other ministers should be task professionals for the Ministry they are responsable for.

I think I posted this elsewhere, but all PM and Presidents all over the world have scrip writers. Thats why they the PM's and Presidents read the proofs earlier and later then read it off a Teleprompter as the News readers do.

I don't see any teleprompters when politicians are doing off the cuff news conferences in Aus. Which might be why Yingluck always walks away when she's asked a difficult question.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

• Like 2

That's as it may be, but the criticism isn't that she reads scripted speeches from a Teleprompter, but that she is a puppet acting as a proxy for her fugitive brother.

How many PMs and presidents in the world fit the same category, and if they do do you also have no problem with that?

That's as it may be, but the criticism isn't that she reads scripted speeches from a Teleprompter, but that she is a puppet acting as a proxy for her fugitive brother.

How many PMs and presidents in the world fit the same category, and if they do do you also have no problem with that?

Oh I would say on close investigation of exactly where the funding is collected for various government parties world wide, you may find there a certain alignment of agenda...........rather naive to think otherwise....

I see that there are a raft of posts where the authors clearly have no interest in the OP..........why is that do you think.......some external priority?......governed by what?.......obsession?

Edited by 473geo

Oh I would say on close investigation of exactly where the funding is collected for various government parties world wide, you may find there a certain alignment of agenda...........rather naive to think otherwise....

Amazing, a strawman sandwich!

People expect Yingluck to behave like an ideal politician and that sets them up for a huge disappointment. Saying that she is her brother's clone again and again also does not impress anybody anymore, her supporters think it's actually a plus.

Thai people have spoken rather loudly on the issue - they don't care as long as she smiles a lot and has Thaksin's backing, it's their choice. If she can't keep the country together and we see return of street politics and violence again, people will weigh that outcome against their liking for Yingluck, and Yingluch might win again. The outrage over killing of people on the streets might not be as big as some people hope, perhaps one smile from the PM can soothe all nation's wounds.

One day it will backfire but the country needs to learn its lessons, simply teaching Thais not to do this and that is not going to work. The outcome should be judged by how much they learn, not by how much the well-wishers teach.

I am afraid that restricting your last lines to Thai people is a bit short sighted.

Everywhere in the world people tend to forget lessons and to believe the biggest liars.

If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth.

• (multiple variations) If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth. // If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. // If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it. // If you repeat a lie long enough, it becomes truth. // If you repeat a lie many times, people are bound to start believing it.

A poster said Thaksin was doing a good job controlling from Dubai, my answer is, A GOOD

JOB.............<deleted> are you talking about ???? tell us what good has been done since the VICTORY ???? who has got what out of it, the voters haven't, you put forward here on paper all the promises made and delivered, can you name any-(not partial) ???? a confession from the Waterboard boss-re not releasing dam water resulting in floods far more deeper than should have been, the p.m. missing on many occasions from parliament sessions, YOU KNOW darn well what the score is, So again if you tell me all the fantastic things that have happened since the election you could sway me into siding with your way of thinking

Not to mention the minimum wage that was promised.

I see where they are going to implement it in 7 provinces now. any where from 25$ to 50% for those already making more than 300 baht a day. What about the rice field workers. What with what the government is going to pay for the rice they should have no problem getting the raise.

A PM that cries in public? You have to be kidding me. Is that the best you can do Thailand? Geez Barak Obama will go down as the worst President in US history but at least he lets his staff do all the crying and whining for him. Oh well, at least she's easy on the eyes!

Either you are trolling or you were born in 2008 and never read any history.

As for PM crying, that only proves she's not a psychopath.

People expect Yingluck to behave like an ideal politician and that sets them up for a huge disappointment. Saying that she is her brother's clone again and again also does not impress anybody anymore, her supporters think it's actually a plus.

Thai people have spoken rather loudly on the issue - they don't care as long as she smiles a lot and has Thaksin's backing, it's their choice. If she can't keep the country together and we see return of street politics and violence again, people will weigh that outcome against their liking for Yingluck, and Yingluch might win again. The outrage over killing of people on the streets might not be as big as some people hope, perhaps one smile from the PM can soothe all nation's wounds.

One day it will backfire but the country needs to learn its lessons, simply teaching Thais not to do this and that is not going to work. The outcome should be judged by how much they learn, not by how much the well-wishers teach.

I am afraid that restricting your last lines to Thai people is a bit short sighted.

Everywhere in the world people tend to forget lessons and to believe the biggest liars.

If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth.

• (multiple variations) If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth. // If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. // If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it. // If you repeat a lie long enough, it becomes truth. // If you repeat a lie many times, people are bound to start believing it.

I don't know why people are fixated on this big lie problem. It's of no consequence.

Someone earlier was right on point - Thais are not the only ones told to follow the script. The point is that the "teachers" can't keep their own house back together and western ideal of democracy is inadequate at best.

Let Thai people screw their own things up the way they feel is necessary. The world doesn't really need saving by some zealot missionaries of truth, the world is perfectly capable of taking care of itself and learning from its own mistakes.

Name ONE Australian PM who had a teleprompter in parliament, who had a similar reluctance to show up in parliament, missed Question Time, refused to enter into parliamentary debate.

Name ONE Australian PM who had a teleprompter in parliament, who had a similar reluctance to show up in parliament, missed Question Time, refused to enter into parliamentary debate.

Actually I'd struggle to name one Australian Prime minister........ such is their lasting effect on my life................ turning up, debating, or anything esle they choose to do....apparently Yingluck has considerably more effect on your life......

Actually I'd struggle to name one Australian Prime minister........ such is their lasting effect on my life................ turning up, debating, or anything esle they choose to do....apparently Yingluck has considerably more effect on your life......

As you are obviously not Australian, I'll forgive your ignorance. I'm sure OZEMADE would know quite a few. As I have spent most of the last 15 years in Thailand, it's not surprising that I recognise a useless puppet when I see one.

Instead of that say-nothing puff-post, have you come up with a SINGLE independent action of our PM. I've been waiting some time for your response, imagining you may have a life, but now that you're back our hopes of enlightenment bloom anew.

• Like 1

As you are obviously not Australian, I'll forgive your ignorance. I'm sure OZEMADE would know quite a few. As I have spent most of the last 15 years in Thailand, it's not surprising that I recognise a useless puppet when I see one.

Instead of that say-nothing puff-post, have you come up with a SINGLE independent action of our PM. I've been waiting some time for your response, imagining you may have a life, but now that you're back our hopes of enlightenment bloom anew.

Obviously she is a team player.......

Cut the insults they are unproductive and boring.....

..........Her position is mascot.

Is it insulting to ask you to back your position with logic and fact?

..........Her position is mascot.

Is it insulting to ask you to back your position with logic and fact?

Well perhaps she is the best mascot Thailand has had for quite some time...........nobody else appears to have been up to the job of persuading the voters to support them.........now all she has to do is complete the relatively easy task of making an improvement on past government initiatives and she leaves all trailing in her wake......

What mascot has ever scored a goal, made a tackle or won for the team, the mascots job is to look pleasing and entertain the supporter. Thats why Yingluck is sent away when ever the men talk business, (misdirection) and kept out of parliment cos its mans work.

"I did not have a meeting there. But as prime minister, I can meet anybody at a public place. It is not damaging," she said. "I am a woman, and I insist I did not do anything wrong."

-- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra

The writer attacks parliamentary respresentatives for accusing other members of 'wearing a skirt'

Then states

"Even better would be for Yingluck to prove to society that she is the one who wears the pants"

I think the writer is just a little confused with the effort of trying to aim criticism at Yingluck and providing enough solid example to back the claim up other than one single comment

I'm sure you can supply us with a plethora of decisions that were clearly her own, no reports of calls from Dubai, perhaps something that has annoyed her brother. Maybe even a minister without a record of Thaksin sycophancy?

Please try to keep your Thaksin obsession out of every thread.......it simply removes any incentive to respond to your posts.......thanks

A PM that cries in public? You have to be kidding me. Is that the best you can do Thailand? Geez Barak Obama will go down as the worst President in US history but at least he lets his staff do all the crying and whining for him. Oh well, at least she's easy on the eyes!

You've got an extremely short memory my friend - how can Obama be worse than the 2 Bush's and Ronald Regan (they are EVEN worse than Thatcher was for the UK) - well perhaps not then as she WAS the absolute pits!!!!

Correct!!!! She is undoubtedly a team player........she plays outside left for Thaksin United!!!!!wai.gif.

People who (incomprehensibly) stick up for this abject and totally useless woman are 'in denial' and have clearly lost all sense of reasonable argument on the matter.

She is not good for Thailand, positioning Thaksin's cronies with the soul intention of getting him back to Thailand is scandalous and disastrous for Thailand, She will ruin the economy and banktupt Thailand unless she is removed from office (whatever it takes) eic:

Someone must help out on this before it's too late, or 'buddha help' Thailand!!!!!jap.gif.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

Don't cry for me Rachasima by St. Madonawatra

It won't be easy, you'll think I'm stranger

When I try to explain how I feel

That I still need your love after all that I've done.

You won't believe me

All you will see is a PM you once knew

Although I'm dressed up to the nines

All '60's and 70's to you.

I had to let it happen, I had to rearrange

Couldn't stay, so belly up to the trough

Looking out of penthouse, staying out of limelight.

So I chose freedom

Taking a runner, escaping anew

But some thing depressed me ; my fall

I never expected it, true.

Don't cry for me Rachasima

The truth I never told you

All through my blunders

My mad resistance

I kept my profits

Don't take your taxes.

And as for fortune, and as for face

They have been stolen

Though it's known to the world they were all I desired

They were just illusions

I've not the solutions, I'd promised to thee

The answer I've hidden is crime

I love you and hope you love me

Don't cry for me Ratchasima

The truth would only bore you

I took grand percentage

Stiffled most resistance

I want my money

So drop your sentence

Have I said too much?

There's no truths more I can think of to say to you.

But all you have to do is look at me to know

That every word is true

Don't cry for me Rachasima

The truth I never told you

All through my blunders

My mad resistance

I kept my profits

Don't take your taxes.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1