Luxury Resort Opens In Hua Hin

cdnvic

Luxury resort opens in Hua Hin

Published on Dec 8, 2005

The Wora Group has diversified from construction into the lodging business by opening the Bt300-million Worabura Resort and Spa in Hua Hin last week.

Ruekchai Woranitath, chairman and president of Wora Bura Co Ltd, said yesterday that the five-star hotel on 11 rai of land reflected the Thai service mind.

The property is a revival of the architectural era of King Rama V. It offers only 77 rooms going from Bt7,000 to Bt40,000 per night at various levels of luxury, namely superior, deluxe, suite, and one- and two-bedroom villas.

“We believe that Hua Hin will be a luxury destination for tourists like Phuket, but it is nearer to Bangkok than Phuket so our resort should meet with our customer target,” Ruekchai said.

The company expects 65 per cent of guests will be from Germany, the United Kingdom, France, South Korea and Scandinavia.

Somluck Srimalee, The Nation

Wonderful, wonderful. Princess Stephanie of Monaco's coming to visit me next month, and Bill Clinton and Monica L. are planning to drop by, as well. Please reserve that 40,000 baht place for all of January, thanks. I'll have the upstairs maid bring the deposit by in the Lamborghini tomorrow. They do have covered parking for Bentleys, I hope.