What To Buy What To Buy

ezzra

Hi,

I have been driving European cars fro many years, currently i drive a 10 y.o Mbenz in need of replacement,

with a cash budget of 1.5-1.7 mil, I'm tossing between a second hand, well maintained 5-6 y.o Benz

( E200 compressor or similar) or brand new 2012 Honda CRV or Accord that grabs my fancy,

I'm not in hurry and I'm open for any suggestions.

Thanks guys,

You have to know what you want. You have to ask yourself: Are you satisfied with a Honda or do you prefere a better ride like a Benz or Bmer? Do you want a car just to drive from A to B or you you like to have fun with your car? If you like to have fun and if you can afford, i would go for a good second hand European car. Suspension and quality is always better on European cars. Maintenance will be more expensive, but in compensation you will get a better ride. In my opinion, Jap cars are boring.

On thai roads i'd recommend an SUV over a saloon car - better visibility (to see and be seen), more versatile and able to handle poor surfaces.

So i'll do what most I expect here will do and recommend what I've bought and liked.

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport. Mine's a 2010 model.

Big, reliable, comfy, good to drive, good functions on internal kit (cruise, stereo, seats, windows etc), excellent service from dealer, still looks brand new and goes the same after almost 2 years. Wife adores it and i have absolutely no complaints at all.

Use the change from your budget pimping it out with any refinements or aftermarket jazz you fancy.

I'm sure there are fortuner owners who'll say the same for their car and I know an Isuzu Mu7 owner who swears by that car.

But if you must have a honda....

Edited by GooEng
  • Like 1