Usa Ssdi Flipped To Ssi!

SailingHome

Hi, all. I was not sure which forum to use so for now I will put it here. My SSDI is direct deposited. Since I get it on the 3rd, it came on the 2nd since 3rd is weekend. However, it is always deposited stating SSDisability, but this time it says SSI and was nearly $400 short of my normal award.

Has anyone else ever run in to this? I am wondering if they mailed me a survey or something, but as you know we can't use the Web site. Anything to calm my fears solicited... I will be calling them late Monday night, I think.

For SS issues here you should use the SS Office at the US Embassy in Manila.

In my experience, they are very helpful.

Isn't D something that is reviewed periodically? If they don't have your current address, as you are thinking, there might have been info sent to you that required a reply.

Good luck

Terry

• Like 1

Thanks, Terry. I am hoping it is just a survey form they need. If not, likely I need a full review which is a pain and may require travel to USA. I'm just glad that instead of cutting me off, they gave me SSI. I'll post the actual reason once I know more. Does the Manila office answer in email or do I have to call?