So What Interest Rate Can A Thai Get Currently On A Mortgage ?

Hi Gents,

As the titles inform:

The Ex-Wife (actually never married) but still the EX

BTW We have kids so I cover the mortgage payments ...

There's a 5.2M thb loan on HER house valued at 7-8M thb

The monthly repayments are about 40,000thb, it's a 7.1% loan

Can we get a better deal at SCB or any other bank ?

YES she could pop into the bank and ask but I don't trust her answer to me anyways !!!!

Thanks in advance ...

Regards

SC

K Bank has on their housing loan page, the following interest rate info on various types of loans (just to give you an idea):

MLR or Minimum Loan Rate = 7.13% at the moment (as I understand)

Special interest rates

Type 1. From the 4 th to the 12 th month ,the fixed interest charge is 3.75% After that, the bank will charge the floating rate of MLR – 0.25% until the end of the contract

Type 2. From the 4 th to the 24 th month, the fixed interest charge is 5.75% After that, the bank will charge the floating rate of MLR – 0.25% until the end of the contract

Type 3. From the 4 th to the 36 th month, the fixed interest charge is 6.25% After that, the bank will charge the floating rate of MLR – 0.25% until the end of the contract

Type 4. From the 4 th to the 12 th month, the floating interest charge is MLR – 3.50% After that, the bank will charge the floating rate of MLR – 0.25% until the end of the contract

Type 5. From the 4 th to the 24 th month, the floating interest charge is MLR – 1.50% After that, the bank will charge the floating rate of MLR – 0.25% until the end of the contract

Type 6. From the 4 th to the 36 th month, the floating interest charge is MLR – 1.00% After that, the bank will charge the floating rate of MLR – 0.25% until the end of the contract

Type 7. from the 4 th to the 60 th month, the floating interest charge is MLR-0.25%, from the 6 th to the 10 th year, the floating interest charge is MLR – 0.50% . After that, the bank will charge the floating rate of MLR – 0.75% until the end of the contract

http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/Personal/Loans/KHomeLoan/Pages/KHomeLoanKasikorn.aspx

• Like 1