Tomato Seeds. Available In Pattaya?

pattayadingo

May i suggest you buy some of the small local cherry Tomatoes from any of the markets around pats (price ฿ 10>15 for a bag) and dry out in the sun 5 or 6 of the most health and juicy looking tomatoes and use the seeds from them ....At least you'll get tommies that will grow in the Thai climate .

But if they have used F1 hybrid seeds to grow the cherry toms you will not get the same tomatoes type as you bought from the market and dried out ,,,,,,, pot look I am afraid

• Like 1

May i suggest you buy some of the small local cherry Tomatoes from any of the markets around pats (price ฿ 10>15 for a bag) and dry out in the sun 5 or 6 of the most health and juicy looking tomatoes and use the seeds from them ....At least you'll get tommies that will grow in the Thai climate .

But if they have used F1 hybrid seeds to grow the cherry toms you will not get the same tomatoes type as you bought from the market and dried out ,,,,,,, pot look I am afraid

Yes, this is how my wife grows them but as they are so cheap to buy, she have stopped this practice. BTW it's not necessary to dry them.

Every mom n pop shop, hardware store along the Huay Yai road has packs of seeds for sale, quite a few varieties of tomatoes too, also a a few stalls at the Friday market at the Huay Yai temple sell them - one guy often has plants for sale too!