Any Place Sane In Phuket?

Guest siamjourney

Guest siamjourney

I haven't been to Koh Phuket in 10 years. I didn't like it then starting at the airport with the rip-off taxi fees. Almost walked! Is there any reasonably mellow beach (not like Karon beach!) resort/GH with a decent room for 2k-4k/night THB that's not a tourist nightmare? I just want something quiet and secure with the convenience of a quick airplane flight from CM.

If there's a better destination idea I'd appreciate any thoughts. Might use Air Asia...not sure if I can rely on them. Any ideas are appreciated.

(cough, cough...thanks!)

Keep to the north west side around the airport (i mean within 20min away)

lovely idyllic beaches, and hotels... undiscovered by the usual crowds, but for the more discerning, you will be pleasantly surprised.

stIck to the likes of Nai Yang, Bang Tao, Laguna resort area, Mai Khao..At a push go to kamala, lovely beaches but getting into the patong area somewhat.

could also drift a ittle north over the bridge into krabi or go to Khao Lak... many places without the crowds really.

as for the taxis there, you have to take the meter taxis, they have set charges to wherever you want to go.