German, 25, Stabbed To Death By Thai Girlfriend

george

Most thai girlfriends i've come across talk about killing them selves if i ever leave or else becoming a nun or becoming a bar girl.

They treaten to cut themselves and even have one go in the bathroom and tell me she was doing it.  free world so i let her there.  She didn't and didn't try that on me again because i didn't respond.

Most of them have a habit of hitting and using their nails if no attention is paid to their thai soap opera moaning.

She is most likely a murderer. Look at the guy is he a tatooed keynok or a decent guy.  Thai women have a habit of cutting of penises and things like that with jelousy.  They treat you so bad and then somehow expect you to be faithful.  likely she was just a spoilt jelous nut whore.  No offense.

Well thanks for wrapping that one up... You've obviously done your homework here Columbo!

Maybe you could clarify a few points for me..

"She is most likely a murderer. Look at the guy is he a tatooed keynok or a decent guy. "

Sorry - Ive obviously missed the link within the above statement......Please enlighten me????

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you guys haven't been in enough sexual relationships with Thai women to make your conclusions.

I'm Thai so i guess it sounds more like you have been attacked too often in your relationships. Any special reasons for this?

Joking aside, of course its innocent until proven guilty. But being found holding the knife is pretty suspicious in anyone's book.

:o

violence is a lack of vocabulary

Gilles Vignault(canadian singer and writer)

have to say also, that sometime alcohol intoxication may drive to hysteria, which concern a mass of women, when the man turn into violent power hunger.

francois

may he rest in peace ..

Edited by francois

Another victim.

Foreign people should know that Thai woman and man have something to loose “ Like MONEY!” Thai woman and man can be very aggressive. If a man or woman has the feeling that they have a good man or woman who take care about them and their family, then they would do anything.

It is not the first time and it would be not the last time!

If you have a relation and you have too many troubles, FINISH IT. Don’t wait till YOU maybe not wake up anymore. If you have investments then play first the game and move or throw her /him out of your house and inform the police.

Don’t forget that the family is normally more important then you’ll ever be.

Good luck for all Thai lovers!

Sounds like you guys haven't been in enough sexual relationships with Thai women to make your conclusions.

I'm Thai so i guess it sounds more like you have been attacked too often in your relationships. Any special reasons for this?

Joking aside, of course its innocent until proven guilty. But being found holding the knife is pretty suspicious in anyone's book.

ถ้าเป็นคนไทยจริงๆซึ่งอยู่เมืองไทยนานๆและเคยมีความสัมพันธ์กับคนไทย คุณก็จะไม่คิดอะไรมากเวลามีข่าวยังนี้ออกมา แฟนหึงห่วงจนมีเหตุการฆ่าตกรรมหรือบาดเจ็บที่เกิดทุกๆวัน

So in reply to your question, I'll admit I've had my bad experiences in relationships, though undesirable, experience makes one stronger, and by no means our my experiences unordinary or rare for Thai or foreigner. I have learned how to better avoid such situations and handle them though. So, no special reasons.

(For those who can't read Thai, the English is not a translation for what I said to tomyumgoong. In Thai, I just said that if Tomyumgoong is really Thai, than he/she should not be surprised or jump to conspiracy when something like this happens in Thailand, as violence in relationships happens everyday...something like that anyway)

why is this even news?

some dude gets stabbed by his girlfriend. It happens, not only here.

try to pick women who don't like knives...

so many people trying to judge based on no information..

so typical.

no judgement here, just moving on to an important story about mushroom growing.......

:-)

Most likely she will do some time for manslaughter. Because this is Thailand, and she is poor and a whore. So the court will think little about putting her in prison for a little while, just to make an example to the rest of the hookers, that stabbing foreigners with knifes regardless of the situation, is a no no, because it can lead to undesirable news attention directed at Thailand.

But she most likely won't even get charged with murder, if it didn't happen in the beginning and there are no witnesses.

Whether it was self defense or not it probably of little concern to a Thai court in this situation, ruffing up a Pattaya whore, would probably be viewed by a judge as not really a terrible thing to do, something like less than shoplifting, as she is at the very bottom of the social scale, and they will probably take the attitude that if was being beaten up a little she probably deserved it for some inappropriate behavior.

Gosh, talk about a waste, 25 a dead all for what, some Pattaya girl.

Edited by cutter007

Most likely she will do some time for manslaughter. Because this is Thailand, and she is poor and a whore. So the court will think little about putting her in prison for a little while, just to make an example to the rest of the hookers, that stabbing foreigners with knifes regardless of the situation, is a no no, because it can lead to undesirable news attention directed at Thailand.

But she most likely won't even get charged with murder, if it didn't happen in the beginning and there are no witnesses.

Whether it was self defense or not it probably of little concern to a Thai court in this situation, ruffing up a Pattaya whore, would probably be viewed by a judge as not really a terrible thing to do, something like less than shoplifting, as she is at the very bottom of the social scale, and they will probably take the attitude that if was being beaten up a little she probably deserved it for some inappropriate behavior.

Gosh, talk about a waste, 25 a dead all for what, some Pattaya girl.

you ought to reread the post. Where did it clearly say that she was a 'whore' or a bg, maybe i missed it..Forgive me if I did.

BTW, she wasn't a pattaya girl. The incident happened in Phuket, but the girl was from Nakhon Sawan...which is where lots of beautiful lovely women come from....my mom and grandma for starters :o

Another victim.

Foreign people should know that Thai woman and man have something to loose ? Like MONEY!? Thai woman and man can be very aggressive. If a man or woman has the feeling that they have a good man or woman who take care about them and their family, then they would do anything.

It is not the first time and it would be not the last time!

If you have a relation and you have too many troubles, FINISH IT. Don?t wait till YOU maybe not wake up anymore. If you have investments then play first the game and move or throw her /him out of your house and inform the police.

Don?t forget that the family is normally more important then you?ll ever be.

Good luck for all Thai lovers!

Better to have a Thai man then - they won't knife you for sleeping with someone else - to busy doing it themselves!

Its an eyeopener.  Its hard to believe that a small girl of any culture could manage to kill a guy with a knife.

My ex-TGF has sent a number of Western guys to hospital... when she's had a few drinks too many, she has a habit of smashing beer bottles in people's heads if they piss her off, regardless of them being more than twice her size. Oh, and she smashed bottles in some girls heads also. It was their fault each time, she says.

Never ever raised her voice or said a single harsh word to me though. Sometime I miss her madness.

-NM

Edited by NordicMan

Thai women have a habit of cutting of penises and things like that with jelousy.  They treat you so bad and then somehow expect you to be faithful.  likely she was just a spoilt jelous nut whore.  No offense.

Experienced are we?

Good god stop with this bullish generalization crap. This is an extreme case and you will only see it on the news.

You should go home if you feel this way about Thai women. Obviously its not safe here

My deepest sympathies to the family and friends of the victim. I also feel very sorry for the lady, who, regardless of motives will have a terrible burden on her shoulders and a heavy load for her family to carry as well.

There is no relationship worth the hassles or aggravation from arguements or disagreements. I am sorry, but this a hard lesson for too many to learn.

Here HERE there is no girl or women on this planet worth the aggravation cut your losses and move on i learned the hard way but the most important is i learned me and my thai girlfriend had a financial squabble the other day and i told her to hit the road and she got the message now no problems.

German, 25, stabbed to death

PATONG: (PHUKET GAZETTE): A 25-year-old German man died early on Sunday morning of stab wounds received in a furious argument with his Thai girlfriend in their rented room on Nanai Rd.

Pol Lt Col Chawalit Niamwadee, of Kathu Police Station, told the Gazette, “I received a call from Patong Hospital at 4 am that a man had been brought into the emergency room, where he had died of his wounds.”

The dead man was identified as Anders Ochner. “He had been stabbed once in his right side and once in his upper chest, and he had three knife wounds to his right hand,” said Col Chawalit.

“At the scene of the stabbing, I found Uthairat Poonchan, 21, from Nakhon Sawan, still holding a knife. There was blood on the floor.

“She told me that she and Mr Ochners frequently had arguments about the victim’s relationships with other women. She had used the knife to protect herself, she said, because he had hit and hurt her before. She herself had cuts to her fingers and her right arm.”

Uthairat, he said, had been arrested on a charge of manslaughter. The investigation continues.

Mr Ochner’s body is currently at Thalang Hospital awaiting collection by his relatives.

--Phuket Gazette 2005-12-14

It’s a shame sex tourists (and that is exactly what they are) coming to Thailand for the sole purpose of bedding or otherwise sexually encountering the mate du jour of their choice, do not read a primer on how to treat – in this case – Thai females.

A farang boyfriend is not only a source of income but in some cases the means for the entire family to survive. A Thai girl is taught to revere her family and to support them the best she can. She will fight for her turf. If she is threatened she will respond. The farang that ignores this does at his peril.

Usually, any interloper on a Thai women’s relationship with her perceived boyfriend is dealt with quickly and sometimes harshly. At least those she can confront. If she suspects he is stepping out, and he doesn’t toss it in her face, the chances are it will be overlooked. Within reason. On the flip, if he does toss it in her face and makes her lose face and panics her to where she thinks she will lose the entire enchilada, well, if she is a peasant girl or under-educated and violence is how she grew up then beware the knives.

Moral of the story. Sex tourism is a reality. If you want to get laid, get laid. Don’t profess undying love to a casual encounter. Screwing some girl might be a spiritual experience for most Americans and Europeans and have some meaning, but for the Thai bar girl it’s a business. Move on. Many more where that came from. If you sign on, expect to become responsible for not only the girl but for the entire family. That’s the easy part. Signing off can be dangerous.

I feel sorry for this young German man and his family.

"Anyway, regarding domestic violence, this isn't any conspiracy as people want to make it out to be, it's normal. Happens everyday, all over the world. When one blacks out and loses self control, all too common."

Really, now - the same all over the world? Then why is Thailand the penis reattachment hub of the world?

"Anyway, regarding domestic violence, this isn't any conspiracy as people want to make it out to be, it's normal. Happens everyday, all over the world. When one blacks out and loses self control, all too common."

Really, now - the same all over the world?  Then why is Thailand the penis reattachment hub of the world?

Luckily that only seems to happen to the cheating thai lads thus far.....

It’s a shame sex tourists ... do not read a primer on how to treat – in this case – Thai females.

A farang boyfriend is not only a source of income but in some cases the means for the entire family to survive. A Thai girl is taught to revere her family and to support them the best she can. She will fight for her turf. If she is threatened she will respond. The farang that ignores this does at his peril.

... for the Thai bar girl it’s a business. Move on. Many more where that came from. If you sign on, expect to become responsible for not only the girl but for the entire family. That’s the easy part. Signing off can be dangerous.

I feel sorry for this young German man and his family.....

Only 19 posts, I think you are wise in these Thai ways.

Tell us this: is there a primer? I think there is a major lack of Farangs working together to share information like this and few farangs helping others to get justice. No sense of community, really. These boards are a great way to gossip or complain, but how much of this opinion sharing and chit chat is really helpful? I'd like to see things go further in this direction into a community of some kind for those that are so inclined. I've a mind to start a template or structure for such.

The old story of cross-cultural relationship differences, problems on different language, religion, value, opinions and shared interests., if you want to sustain your relationship, learn to share. How many times is it read about some guy whacking away because his girl is upset. Another one sending his wife or girlfriend to cooking classes and language lessons to meet his needs. why always the woman has to commit, why the hel_l cant some people think about the country or culture they enter and meet in the middle to further each other. in the end its down to arguments and a knife.

My heart goes out to the family that has lost a young son.

My heart also to the young lady and her future prospects.

if you intend to live this culture.....learn it or leave.

Edited by torgate

Getting away from all the 'suppose this or that' the case will be difficult to prosecute if ANY charges are brought in court. If there were no witnesses it will will boil down to 'she said and he can't say'. It would be difficult to convict with no evidence and/or witnesses. Best guess she will walk on this. I am neutral on this and this is my observation. No comment on the woman or the man as nobody knows them and all the comments are educated guesses. JD

The old story of cross-cultural relationship differences, problems on different language, religion, value, opinions and shared interests., if you want to sustain your relationship, learn to share. How many times is it read about some guy whacking away because his girl is upset. Another one sending his wife or girlfriend to cooking classes and language lessons to meet his needs. why always the woman has to commit, why the hel_l cant some people think about the country or culture they enter and meet in the middle to further each other. in the end its down to arguments and a knife.

My heart goes out to the family that has lost a young son.

My heart also to the young lady and her future prospects.

if you intend to live this culture.....learn it or leave.

This is much easier said than done. Frustrated, we want to kick people out of 'our country', (pick one), vandalize 'foreigners' shops, and storm embassies... but, in the end, differences get solved through understanding and a willingness to understand. This is a world-wide probem. California just killed a man to teach that it is wrong to kill. How's that for logic? And the prisons keep filling, and the children starve while we buy another SUV. I wonder if we can think of solutions. I challenge anyone reading this to think of a postive solution or course of action to take in the situation in this thread. Either now, today, or what we could have done if we knew the couple had chronic problems. You, too, zzap. Stop beating that poor tuk-tuk driver! :o

ถ้าเป็นคนไทยจริงๆซึ่งอยู่เมืองไทยนานๆและเคยมีความสัมพันธ์กับคนไทย คุณก็จะไม่คิดอะไรมากเวลามีข่าวยังนี้ออกมา แฟนหึงห่วงจนมีเหตุการฆ่าตกรรมหรือบาดเจ็บที่เกิดทุกๆวัน

So in reply to your question, I'll admit I've had my bad experiences in relationships, though undesirable, experience makes one stronger, and by no means our my experiences unordinary or rare for Thai or foreigner. I have learned how to better avoid such situations and handle them though. So, no special reasons.

(For those who can't read Thai, the English is not a translation for what I said to tomyumgoong. In Thai, I just said that if Tomyumgoong is really Thai, than he/she should not be surprised or jump to conspiracy when something like this happens in Thailand, as violence in relationships happens everyday...something like that anyway)

its very kind of you to type in Thai for my benefit which, if you typed yourself, is impressive.

yes i am Thai, if only half, but i was born here and grew up here.

what i was trying to say, while at the same time trying to be humourous (obviously that crashed and burned), is that in my experience Thai women are not particularly vicious or violent, no more so than anywhere else.

of course there are news stories like this one, but there are news stories like this all over the world. the fact that it makes it into the news should indicate that its not an everyday occurrence, and therefore why i might 'คิดมาก'. Yes, over the years i've heard or read similar stories, whether its a weiner chopping or actually stabbing the guy to death. (i'll concede the fact that cutting the guys weiner off does appear to be a Thai woman's specialty).

BUT, this in no way indicates that this is the general nature of Thai women at large. I've never had any experience, nor have had any experience of this kind related to me, of a Thai woman being violent in a relationship.

just because you read of things happening in the newspapers, doesn't make it a common occurence. the fact that it makes the news should indicate that its fairly uncommon IMHO.

Some total rubbish written here based on minimal knowledge of the case, and which just shows the posters prejudices. For example, nowhere does it say that she is a bar girl. She could well be a receptionist in a hotel. Similarly he may not be the nice poor farang that some posters assume. He could well be a drug dealing thug.

None of us were there so we cannot know the past history between the two of them. Maybe he was jao choo and this time did it with someone she knew, causing her to lose face and violently attack him. Maybe he beat her regularly and she snapped and used the knife to defend herself. We just do not know.

There do not appear to be any witnesses to the incident making murder, with its necessary pre-requiste of pre-meditation, extremely difficult to prove. Where did the incident take place? If in the kitchen then it is entirely possible that she just reached out and picked up a knife. If in the bathroom, pre-meditation is easier to prove. What was the extent of the bruising on her? Is it consistent with being punched or does it look self inflicted? Does the deceased have any bruising supporting the claim he assaulted her, eg on his knuckles?

She would have to be charged with manslaughter as a man has died, unless of course there is strong evidence to prove self defence. It is up to the court to decide, based on the evidence presented to them, whether it was self defence/diminished responsibility or a person who just lost their temper and wildly over-reacted.

At the end of the day a man has died in the prime of his life and a woman is looking at spending what could be the best years of her life in prison. Very sad.

And yes, domestic violence happens all over the world regardless of sex or nationality.

Shame people don't learn - you have problems that might resort to violence just walk away.

This is exactly what he might have tried to do. He is not the first one, who did not make it

Yeah but doesnt give him the right to hit her , nor does he deserve to die

Who says he hit her? She said so, he cannot say anything anymore to defend himself. Easy to get wounds in a fight, he must have defended himself and wounded her. Anyway, it looks like she is much stronger than he was.

Of course he did not deserve to die.

:D

The wounds the girl had (on hands and arm) COULD have been caused by her stabbing him. It isn't easy to wield a knife intending to kill, and not get cut in the process, especially if the victim tries to fight back. The wounds on his hands were almost certainly defensive wounds (trying to block the knife). It is possible that he attacked her, and she felt justified in defending herself. Most 26(?) year old German males are usually much bigger than Thai females, aren 't they.

It’s a shame sex tourists (and that is exactly what they are) coming to Thailand for the sole purpose of bedding or otherwise sexually encountering the mate du jour of their choice, do not read a primer on how to treat – in this case – Thai females.

A farang boyfriend is not only a source of income but in some cases the means for the entire family to survive.  A Thai girl is taught to revere her family and to support them the best she can.  She will fight for her turf.  If she is threatened she will respond.  The farang that ignores this does at his peril. 

Usually, any interloper on a Thai women’s relationship with her perceived boyfriend is dealt with quickly and sometimes harshly.  At least those she can confront.  If she suspects he is stepping out, and he doesn’t toss it in her face, the chances are it will be overlooked.  Within reason.  On the flip, if he does toss it in her face and makes her lose face and panics her to where she thinks she will lose the entire enchilada, well,  if she is a peasant girl or under-educated and violence is how she grew up then beware the knives.

Moral of the story.  Sex tourism is a reality.

What does sex tourism have to do with this topic? Can you show me the reference that connects sex tourism to this case.

sad sad sad......to die at the age of 25.....

Ironically, 25 is the year one will either make it or break it big in Thailand. I lost a friend in Thailand (foriegner) who was also that age...though his was alcohal/driving related.

Some total rubbish written here based on minimal knowledge of the case, and which just shows the posters prejudices.  For example, nowhere does it say that she is a bar girl.  She could well be a receptionist in a hotel.  Similarly he may not be the nice poor farang that some posters assume.  He could well be a drug dealing thug.

None of us were there so we cannot know the past history between the two of them.  Maybe he was jao choo and this time did it with someone she knew, causing her to lose face and violently attack him.  Maybe he beat her regularly and she snapped and used the knife to defend herself.  We just do not know.

There do not appear to be any witnesses to the incident making murder, with its necessary pre-requiste of pre-meditation, extremely difficult to prove.  Where did the incident take place?  If in the kitchen then it is entirely possible that she just reached out and picked up a knife.  If in the bathroom, pre-meditation is easier to prove.  What was the extent of the bruising on her?  Is it consistent with being punched or does it look self inflicted?  Does the deceased have any bruising supporting the claim he assaulted her, eg on his knuckles?

She would have to be charged with manslaughter as a man has died, unless of course there is strong evidence to prove self defence.  It is up to the court to decide, based on the evidence presented to them, whether it was self defence/diminished responsibility or a person who just lost their temper and wildly over-reacted.

At the end of the day a man has died in the prime of his life and a woman is looking at spending what could be the best years of her life in prison.  Very sad.

And yes, domestic violence happens all over the world regardless of sex or nationality.

People see the words Thai girlfriend and foriegner (whatever nationality) and Phuket in the same paragraph and start talking about sex industry and bargirls...

people should read before they rant...i know it's hard, i got to remind myself to do it too before i post.

Edited by greenwanderer108

Who says he hit her? She said so, he cannot say anything anymore to defend himself. Easy to get wounds in a fight, he must have defended himself and wounded her. Anyway, it looks like she is much stronger than he was.

Of course he did not deserve to die.

Indeed. I never believe the killer. It's more likely that she abused him.

She did him wrong enough to kill him. Certainly not beyond her to lie to make him look bad. Doesn't hurt her chances of getting off either.

As theres not enough in article to say what really occured, I'm inclined to give the lass the benefit of a doubt. As more facts become availible I could be swayed one way or another. I'm not inclined to jump to conclusions before more is known, and other witnesses come forth telling they've heard fights between the two, or seen bruises or other marks caused by his or hers mistreatment of the other. If it turns out he abused her, instant karma can be brutal. If she can be proven at fault, off to the hoosecow with her.

Yes I believe the morale of the story is two wrongs DO not Make a right

I will tell you what happend; it went like this. "you have been cheating on my you bast#$#$." "no,no, you need to calm down and drink some more." " you to hel_l German boy and drink your self. You cheat on me again and I will stab you and cut it off!" "oo you want to stab me then go ahead (he pushes her) come on <deleted> stab me then." STAB-STAB-STAB "You BI#$% you,you.!" "Omy God what have I done." This kind of thing happens all the time in America rarely scene as news worthy. However always a shame. Youth is wasted on the young.

This is what happened "you cheat on me for last time!" "ooh shut up and sit down and have some more beer." "you listen me you cheat on me again I will cut it off!" "What ever, lets have some beer (slap) (slap) Hay you crazy women stop slapping me." "You lucky I slap next time I stab you!" (slap) "Bit## you wanna stab me then stab me go ahead!"

STAB,STAB,STAB "You crazy Bit$# you stabbed me!" " Now yo feel my pain you Baste##> GO TO hel_l or Hospital first!" "what have I done." This kinda stuff happens all the time in the States like Flint MI. and when it dose it seldom makes the news.