German, 25, Stabbed To Death By Thai Girlfriend

george

To the foreign know all about Thailand bashers

I am not an outsider and I am not a tourist. My family is Thai, my friends are Thais, I live and work in a Thai society, communicate in Thai at a 95% level all day and I am not pampered to death by a foreign sponsor. Came here with a tourist visa and a very small handful of bucks and established a living backed and assisted by Thais. Some of the most trustworthy people in my life have Thai nationality.

One day I hope to put the cherry on the cake and acquire Thai citizenship and if this materializes I am going to be most honoured.

Please don't take a p... on my Thai friends and family and the majority of Thais who are decent people and my home country of choice pretending you know at all and have got the big picture. Well, you learnt about the language and the culture but forget an important issue. Try to feel a little bit Thai and pay a little respect rather than featuring a naughty wise ass attitude shedding some bad lights on all foreigners.

Much appreciated.

Richard :o

Well spoken Richi.

This is how the cookie crumbles!

SR, shit happens all the time, worldwide; btw what stupid parents must this poor 12 y.o. girl have to let her unattended??

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the foreign know all about Thailand bashers

I am not an outsider and I am not a tourist. My family is Thai, my friends are Thais, I live and work in a Thai society, communicate in Thai at a 95% level all day and I am not pampered to death by a foreign sponsor. Came here with a tourist visa and a very small handful of bucks and established a living backed and assisted by Thais. Some of the most trustworthy people in my life have Thai nationality.

One day I hope to put the cherry on the cake and acquire Thai citizenship and if this materializes I am going to be most honoured.

Please don't take a p... on my Thai friends and family and the majority of Thais who are decent people and my home country of choice pretending you know at all and have got the big picture. Well, you learnt about the language and the culture but forget an important issue. Try to feel a little bit Thai and pay a little respect rather than featuring a naughty wise ass attitude shedding some bad lights on all foreigners.

Much appreciated.

Well spoken Richi.

This is how the cookie crumbles!

SR, shit happens all the time, worldwide; btw what stupid parents must this poor 12 y.o. girl have to let her unattended??

"Shit Happens" After a comment like that I have only one thing left to say and that is I hope it doesn't happen to someone in your family.

"Shit Happens" After a comment like that I have only one thing left to say and that is I hope it doesn't happen to someone in your family.
It already has... grow up and see what packet is left for you!

Please don't forget you are dealing with the Thailand expert ,me know everything about Thai.

Edited by sonthaya

It already has... grow up and see what packet is left for you!

Please don't forget you are dealing with the Thailand expert ,me know everything about Thai.

It seems you spoke too soon. Other people also on this thread share the same thoughts and experiences as I do. I suggest you read the thread on Koh Tao for some further enlightenment. In the meantime I have 3 last words for you. Suck my dck.

Try to be a little bit more compassionate to your fellow foreign visitors and expatriates and that would be much appreciated. Yes there are a lot of Thai that are good and for them we don't have to worry, but everyone should be made aware of the dangers in Thailand so that we can minimize the occurences of violence that are beginning to give this country a bad reputation.

Steven,

no, my compassion is not reserved for fellow foreigners and expatriates but rather extends to anyone who is injustice done to which includes also Thai people and that's why I posted.

Culprits must brought to justice but just those. In foreign countries quite often other rules apply and to stick to those rules is very important to avoid unpleasant experiences. Particularly in an environment one is not absolutely familiar with it is surely wise not to interact with a harmless looking snake just assuming is is not venomous because it looks so cute. Killing all snakes is the other extreme that can't be the solution either.

My advice to the fellow foreigners and expatriates. Welcome to Thailand but sincerely hope you brought your good senses and brain as well and have not locked up those assets in a safe place at homeland.

Fair enough? You will certainly find scum in Thailand like in any other country and it is your right and duty to protect your family and give some advice to the unexperienced but accomplishing this by an overkill is surely a bit out of ratio.

Hope your future here in Thailand will also get you some positive experiences eventually resulting into a more balanced attitude otherwise you are going to end up in a catch-22 situation by turning into a magnet for unpleasant situations.

All the very best and heaps of luck to you which is meant in a sincere and not sarcastic way.

Edited by Richard Hall

The problem is still sex, Farang comes to Thai for girl,

Have one, but not stop looking for other sex!...

That's also why prostitution and crime often meet...

Avoiding one, is often avoiding the other.... :D

I guess, maybe the family in Nakhon Sawan now knows she was not only a 'secretary' in a Phuket resort, and the family in Germany will be surprised too. :o

Some people are really irresponsible.

Why is it that as soon as anyone mentions anything about a Thai woman involved in violence against a falang male - that they are automatically assumed to be liars and prostitutes ?

And why is it that as soon as anything is mentioned about a falang male -that they are assumed to be in Thailand only for sex and specifically paid sex?

Interesting (and very often untrue) conclusitory jumps which i find irritating both in frequency and biased, blind generality.

:D

Oh really? Do divorces in the West leave people maimed and murdered?

I think the term divorce is used as a catchword on this forum. We don't know why people divorced, how many dependents are involved at the point of divorce, and whether or not the ex-spouse was completely dependent on taking care of the children and the home. There are some women who even gave up their careers or work lives to be a spouse, have children, and take care of the house. Did he or she ask for the divorce, did he leave her for another woman, did he beat her, did she cheat on him, etc.

There are many nuances and conditions to consider in the catchword "divorce". The major difference is that in SOME Western countries, women have a legal net, whereas in Thailand women have no legal frameworks to protect them. They must therefore revert to other tactics.

Further to my post yesterday I would like to add a few more insights for those of you that may be seeing Thai from a viewpoint of a posh hotel room paid for by Co. expense acct....20% of the Thai population live in the cities while the other 80% live in the country. It is here that you will discover the true Thai and their life styles. Many of you will never see this because no one would ever take you outside of the protection of a resort area. Most foreigners would not relate to you the stories I have told you because they maybe ashamed or have no access to the web. Killings are common in the countryside as no one ever believes they can obtain justice through the police or court system and I tend to agree with them. Most Thai from the country are illiterate usually completing no more than 6 years of schooling before dropping out to work on the family rice farm or looking after cows or other agricultural pursuits. The women usually marry at the age of 16 and by arranged marriage. Many times only knowing each other when they were children growing up. More often than not a young man and woman are forced to marry because they were suspected of sleeping together whether true or not. Saving face is more important than the future success or happiness of the marriage. Needless to say most of these marriages end up in divorce but since most marriages in Thailand are unofficial there is no need to go to the court. The man's family must pay a dowry when marrying consisting of money and or gold dependant only on the wealth of the families. This is the only compensation the wife receives no matter if their is children or not. Unfortunately this money is usually spent long before the marriage ends. The woman usually ends up with 2 toddlers while the husband goes on his merry way. This is why Thailand has so many prostitutes working the bars in the tourist resorts and it is not even so uncommon for a bar girl to be living with a thai husband or boyfriend and selling her pussy at the same time. Such is the mentality of the thai people. Many bar girls have regular customers that come several times a year and stay with them a month or so at a time. These clueless souls think that by sending money to their girlfriends every month that they will faithfully wait for them in their bungalow until they return. Little do they realize that as soon as the plane lifts off the girl is back in the bar lining up the next monthly paying customer. The more beautiful the girl the more likely that this is happening. Foreigners that come here think that this is paradise. What a delusion. Bar girls will get angry and threaten other bar girls with violence if for example they sleep with a foreigner and the next night when he comes back to the bar and decides to give his attention to a different girl. There is a constant jealousy happening and the foreigner does not realize that all he means to the girl is money in her pocket and all of those friendly smiles and attitudes are for one purpose only. The smart ones have many tricks they use also such as wearing very little gold or none at all and then taking their Tiluk for a walk past all the jewelery shops just for a look. Or on the last day of their stay they accompany their Tiluks to the airport for a last farewell because they know more often than not the departing falang will most likely empty his pocket and wallet of his remaining thai bht. thinking that he probably won't be back gain for awhile so in a moment of final bliss feels a softspot. Then it's quickly back to the bar again for another one. This is how many of these problems occur that end up in violence or death for foreigners. Mostly they are unwitting victims caught up in something they don't have a clue about what's going on. Many foreigners have tried to set up businesses in Patong. One rented a spot on the beach walkway and started selling silver jewelery. At first the Thai thought this was funny and laughed but when they saw that he was making money they chased him away. Another Swiss man set up a wind surfing rental on the beach. At night he locked everything up and went home. The next day when he returned all of the boards had holes punched through them. @ more swedish men bought 2 water skiddoos. They were told if they didn't leave they would be killed. They sold the skiddoos and left Thailand. I could go on and on about violence towards westerners but I think by now you should get the message. One last comment I would like to make is for western women never to go out alone at night. Recently a Welsh tourist was raped and murdered on Lamai beach in Koh Samui and a 12 year old girl was also raped 5 days ago. The german man murdered by his thai girlfriend may or may not of been a prostitute but there is a 99% probability that she was and anyone that has directed any bad comments at me are the one's living with their heads up their ass. I am not afraid to speak out for those that have been abused and treated like nothing more than a few lousy baht in the pocket so those of you that think I am not being fair and honest then fire away. I have many more stories I can relate to this forum. It's time for the silent majority to stand up and for those of you that are living in posh protected falang enclaves I invite you to come live out in the country away from the tourist sites for a dose of reality.

You have a very negitive view of Thailand, alot of your facts are wrong, and the only real aspect you seem to know about is the small % of women that take up work in bars.

Your idea about what goes on in the country just makes me laugh, you have no clue.

Some paragraphs would be nice too, I hope your not an english teacher. :o

This is not my idea of what goes on in this country, this is factual. Do you think I make up these stories? What is it that I have said that makes you laugh? I find nothing funny in what I said at all. This is a very serious matter. I am not alone in my experiences. Is this all you have to say. What facts do I have wrong? My posting was mostly what happens outside of the bars. If you don't believe me that's your perrogative but there will be those that will read this posting and will be forewarned and for that it is worth my time. There will always be a few that will say I am wrong but can offer nothing but their own opinion with nothing much to back it up. My German friend lives in Nakhon Si Thammarat. His daughter came to visit him last year. She says she will never return again. Are you so nieve that you block out all of the reports of foreigner abuse and discrimination. Go to Safari World. They have one sign in Thai with the entrance fee, another one in english for double. Go to the National Parks and check out how much a foreigner is now charged for entrance and how much Thai pay. In Thailand a foreigner is welcomed with a smile { if he has money} If not they have a word for you. They call you Falang Kii Nok. Do you know what this means? My wife went to the lobby of a hotel to enquire as to the price of a room. She then came back to tell me the price was reasonable and that we should check in. As soon as the receptionist saw me the price went up 30%. Do you think I have my facts wrong? I don't think so only you have a one sided view. There are many good reasons for living in Thailand otherwise I would not be here but those things do not need mentioning as most people know about them already. Are you going to critisize me for no paragraphs again? Oh no, call the principle.

Yes SR, as shown by your insightful monologues.... you obviously have put your time in. I'd say you have reached about stage 4 of the 6 levels of expat adjustment:

Stage 1) Honeymoon phase... everythings rosy! So much better than "back home"

2) Questioning Stage; Hmmm.... starting to notice all those irritating things that now seem to put a fly in the ointment

3) Cold Harsh Reality Stage; Hey, this place if f&*d up too! Everything seems <deleted>, wonder why i am here

4) Cynical & Jaded expat: more negative than positive - been there, done that, know it; and will tell you so. "Thailand - the place i love to hate... or hate to love...!?"

5) Adjusted. Love the Good, Hate the Bad, take em as they come. Know enough to know you don't really know much.... and really never will. Life is but a shade of grey...

6) Gone Native. Start hating your home country and fellow expats, and things start to go all rosy again.... back full circle to stage 1...

cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
The problem is still sex, Farang comes to Thai for girl,

Have one, but not stop looking for other sex!...

That's also why prostitution and crime often meet...

Avoiding one, is often avoiding the other.... :D

What I ment to say is:

Prostitution is listed among the crimes some refer to as victimless or consensual crimes, because no one present at the crime is unwilling, but research shows that may not be the true picture of prostitution. [/font]

I guess, maybe the family in Nakhon Sawan now knows she was not only a 'secretary' in a Phuket resort, and the family in Germany will be surprised too. :o

Some people are really irresponsible.

Why is it that as soon as anyone mentions anything about a Thai woman involved in violence against a falang male - that they are automatically assumed to be liars and prostitutes ?

And why is it that as soon as anything is mentioned about a falang male -that they are assumed to be in Thailand only for sex and specifically paid sex?

Interesting (and very often untrue) conclusitory jumps which i find irritating both in frequency and biased, blind generality. :D

What I ment to say is:

Prostitution is listed among the crimes some refer to as victimless or consensual crimes, because no one present at the crime is unwilling, but research shows that may not be the true picture of prostitution.

In her "Prostitution: Fact sheet on Human Rights Violations" Melissa Farley, PhD of Prostitution Research & Education says that prostitution is sexual harassment, rape, battering, verbal abuse, domestic violence, a racist practice, a violation of human rights, childhood sexual abuse, a consequence of male domination of women and a means of maintaining male domination of women.

That's more than: Interesting conclusitory jumps Cappy. :D:D

How do you folks think a human being reacts in such given violent situations as described by Farley?

Convince me (/us?) of the diametrical opposite, please do.... Tell it is not all violence.

I'am not Farley :D:D , but I can agree with most of what I quoted from her.

I also wrote: I guess, maybe , so I gave it the benifit of a doubt.

For the ones that seem to ignore:

THAILAND: estimates of women in prostitution range from 300,000 to 2.8 million, of which a third are minors and children. Thai women are also in prostitution in many counties in Asia, Australia, Europe and the US.

Some 4.6 million Thai men regularly, and 500,000 foreign tourists annually, use prostituted women and girls. Some estimates put the number of under-age prostitutes in Thailand at 400,000

(Asiaweek, February 7, 1997)

Thailand Population: 65,444,371

Age structure:

0-14 years: 23.9% (male 7,988,529/female 7,633,405)

15-64 years: 68.6% (male 22,195,625/female 22,731,767)

65 years and over: 7.5% (male 2,251,112/female 2,643,933) (2005 est.)

Of the approx 22,000,000 male Thais, some 4.6 million Thai men regularly use prostituted women and girls.

The paper does not mention how much do it irregularly :o

And:

Twenty years ago, Thailand was in the forefront as a sending country for trafficked women. Thailand has now become a destination country, receiving women from Russia, Yugoslavia, Poland, and the Czech and Slovak Republics, South America. (CATW - Asia Pacific, Trafficking in Women and Prostitution in the Asia Pacific)

More facts?