Where To Live On The Darkside ?

johnboy3739w

Can anyone recommend a nice village to live on the Darkside ?

A friend is looking for a smallish house, in a secure village, that's near to a few decent Ferrang bars / shops, where the properties rent at circa 15-20k per month.

not looking for specific properties at the moment, just the actual villages to see if suitable.

Any ideas ??

Eakmongkol 4 you can get a 4 bedroom 2 story home with pool in good condition for 25k, without for 20k or a nice little 2 bedroom for 12 -15k. The homes are individually owned but the complex is Thai style managed big time. Hope this helps cowboy.gif

Pattaya Greenville is nice up by Oscars as well. Maybe too far north.

Edited by FOODLOVER

You couldn't do much better than Nathikarn-Lakeside Homes, just down the road from Magnolias Hotel (Magnolias have a website with a map).

It is a large village with beautifully built 3 bedroom villas, nice gardens, with or without private pools. there is also a well maintained communial pool. Houses are individually owned but there are always some up for rent, ranging from 15K with no pool to around 25k with a nice pool.

Plenty of farangs living there, good 24 hour security and the estate is well maintained with its own water supply which is very cheap.

If you know the area at all, it is right by the lake and there are good bars and restaurants within walking distance, whilst having the benefit of being away from all the 'hustle and bustle' of Pattaya.

Driving time to central Pattaya is 15-20 mins, and its only five minutes from the Rayong /Bangkok highway.

I should open an estate agents office.....

You couldn't do much better than Nathikarn-Lakeside Homes, just down the road from Magnolias Hotel (Magnolias have a website with a map).

It is a large village with beautifully built 3 bedroom villas, nice gardens, with or without private pools. there is also a well maintained communial pool. Houses are individually owned but there are always some up for rent, ranging from 15K with no pool to around 25k with a nice pool.

Plenty of farangs living there, good 24 hour security and the estate is well maintained with its own water supply which is very cheap.

If you know the area at all, it is right by the lake and there are good bars and restaurants within walking distance, whilst having the benefit of being away from all the 'hustle and bustle' of Pattaya.

Driving time to central Pattaya is 15-20 mins, and its only five minutes from the Rayong /Bangkok highway.

Mobi, you must drive a Fortuner.........

• Like 1

Mobi, you must drive a Fortuner.........

Used to. I had one of the first ones off the production lines some 7 years ago, drove it for 3 years the length and breadth of Thailand and then got rid of it when it became the top choice of wagon for all the pot bellied bald headed brothers of the Pattaya farang elite...

Then I bought a beamer and drove that for 3 1/2 years. Great fun but really not suitable for Pattaya' and Issan roads.

Now I'm really slumming it and bought myself my first ever pick-up - a Mitsu Triton. Its a great wagon and I'm force to admit that goes nearly as well as the beamer and is far more robust.

Well it's time - my belly is expanding and my hair is thinning so if I can't beat'em I might as well join'em...tongue.png

When someone mentions a "village" on the east side of Pattaya, I never know where it is. Is there such a thing as a "map" showing where all of these villages are? There seems to be hundreds of them ...some completed and some never 100% finished.

Estate agents selling houses out here are usually the best source of maps for the darkside. Then there is Google earth and garvin. Hotels like magnolias have maps on their websites. There is a freebbie mag distributed in darkside bars that has good map.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

The free monthly Pattaya Trader magazine has a map in the centre showing many of the villages on the Dark Side. That might help you. You can pick it up at Friendship, or many of the farang estate agents.

Define "best" smile.png What is your priorities - close to town/lake/sea/country/schools/hospitals/shopping/supermarkets - traffic - security - price - some of the things you should start by considering.

There are plenty of nice villages in East Pattaya and many more that are less nice - but that again depends on your priorities. Do you prefer a village with strict controls that would ensure a nice, clean and quiet village without stray dogs, food peddlers, noisy neighbors - or do you prefer a more rule-free laissez-faire village where you can do what you like?

Once you answer these you would be able to get good replies.

There is a Pattaya map up in the pinned topic, but the way villages mushroom monthly it's probably not up-to-date for villages. Google Maps show a good view of where the villages are.

this wikimapia is great, thanks for sharing!

as Phil said, there are so mny different villages for different budgets and priorities, hard to give an answer.

Best would be to drive around and look. there houses for rent and sale all over the place.

Well it's time - my belly is expanding and my hair is thinning so if I can't beat'em I might as well join'em...tongue.png

Time for the Chang vest, camo shorts and thongs to go along with your new belly. You'll fit right in with the afternoon Beach Road, balloon-chaser crowd. burp.gif

I will second Eakmongkol 4 on Soi Khao Talo.

I have been here for over 3 years now, renting a 2 bed 2 bath house on Soi 7. It's a quiet village, don't see many stray dogs roaming the soi. It is close to the market, and has a few decent bars nearby - Booze Cafe, Pioneer Bar, Family Bar & Nat Bar to name but a few.

Happy hunting

Peter