Question Regarding Thai Laws And Downsizing / Layoffs

I'm trying to find more information regarding thai laws on how to proceed when downsizing a company meaning layoff's. I am aware of the thai labor law regarding severence pay. The reason I ask is because when looking at how much extra I"ll have to pay on top of the new minimum wage the company will be taking losses not to long afterwards so the only options are to either

a. downsize

b. just close the business

I can get by if just downsizing / layoff about 10 people,

just to note the business is in the tourism sector where high season is only 5 months of the year. I look forward to any information on thai laws regarding this matter

If you pay commission you can restructure the wages that nothing changes with the new min wage. Just include the first 2000 or so part of the commission as a part of their salary. This is what my accountant told me and most of the companies are doing this.

So if you take this under consideration may be you would not care about the min wage and continue to operate without layoff

If you pay commission you can restructure the wages that nothing changes with the new min wage. Just include the first 2000 or so part of the commission as a part of their salary. This is what my accountant told me and most of the companies are doing this.

So if you take this under consideration may be you would not care about the min wage and continue to operate without layoff

So If i understand this correctly, a minimum of 2000 baht monthly must be "base salary" and the rest of the salary can be commission?