2012 Prices

Anyone noticed the humongous increases in R.E rental prices the last 6 months? I saw a View Talay studio for rent today, B30,000!!!!! For a little studio!!!!! Houses for rent for B50,000-B80,000, in Pattaya. Are there actually people out there that would pay these kind of prices? Besides greed, owners paying too high a price for properties and construction, and "what the market will bear", any idea why prices have shot up so much?

Edited by thaimat

• 4 weeks later...

OP: its totally rediculous and anyone who would pay 30k pm for a studio is an idiot same for the high house prices too. I also would like to know if anyone is actually paying such nonsence rental prices. I am currently looking for a one bedroomed apartment in Pattaya and i notice some of these owners/agents are trying to get ludicrous prices especially when supply greatly exceeds demand.

Incidentally the estate agents so called in Pattaya are on the whole a bunch of lazy, greedy individuals who are strangers to the truth. They advertise what on the face of it appear to be some reasonably priced rental places, but when contacting them they then say the place is no longer available.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

its not true

i see no lights on in these buildings

the VT 8 has an average of 6 lights on out of 600 rooms

they now rent by the day week year

cant give them away

and another 5000 plus rooms being built now

there are many ghost buildings around and many houses on the dark side empty

with EU crash expect prices to plummet