Girlfriend For Sale

Pseudolus

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they may not be the thai ideal of beautiful (skin like milk,wide eyes etc ) but what would these pensioner guys get back home ?

have you seen a uk or usa woman aged 65 ?

pensioners.jpg

compare that to a dark skinned thai girl age 20 with a great body

jeny2.jpg

i think the elderly farang men are doing not too bad with these "ugly" thai girls compared to some old granny with no teeth their own age wink.png

95% of older foreign men would simply be unable to secure the attention of a girl with aesthetics like that even with an extremely generous stipend.

Money is in the equation in the West.........

A lot of people marry for love.......then they get tripped up by that old saying...................

"When debt comes through the front door, love goes out the back door"

If you lead with your wallet in Thailand then you are asking for trouble...........but I would say that applies to just about every Western country too.

After some years I just watched that video again.

Typical Western media perspective of Thai women, where they consider that most of them are prostitutes or potential prostitutes willing to settle for any farang regardless of looks and age. Of course this is total rubbish.

What I fail to understand is why would these foreign guys be interested in becoming involved with women from the underclass of Thai society, that are probably mentally wreaked, have families in tow and perhaps have become institutionalised into prostitution?

Basically they are only seeking a farang as a fast track means of gaining wealth for themselves and families, which is more or less what they are saying in the video. When this has been achieved than the farang becomes insignificant to them and once that has happened, the odds are that these women will move on to pastures anew and the farang will be left high and dry. At least most of the Thai guys are blessed with common sense and stay well clear of them unless they are dirt poor, have nothing to lose and at the end of the day if it doesn’t work out, they don’t stand to lose anything.

Sorry chaps, but any farangs who involve themselves with these classes of women are either desperate or stupid or both.

Yes why do 50 or 60 year old Western divorced men get involved with these woman who are usually 20/25 years younger and very attractive.

Why don't they stick to pulling similar young women back home,I wonder.

Except the women farang guys get involved with are usually NOT attractive. Thai guys laugh at foreign men because they think we only like ugly women. So not only do most foreign men pick someone broken inside that is only trying to scam them out of money etc, but they're usually not even good looking. An Asian dude that was going to spend similar amounts of money getting scammed by a woman at least gets an attractive one

You've made some good points from the start of this thread. I pretty much agree with all of them including this one.

they may not be the thai ideal of beautiful (skin like milk,wide eyes etc ) but what would these pensioner guys get back home ?

pensioners.jpg

jeny2.jpg

i think the elderly farang men are doing not too bad with these "ugly" thai girls compared to some old granny with no teeth their own age wink.png

95% of older foreign men would simply be unable to secure the attention of a girl with aesthetics like that even with an extremely generous stipend.

even the most ordinary 20 something thai girl is a hell of an upgrade from a 65 year old farang lady ,its not much of a surprise

pensioners.jpg

jeny2.jpg

every sitution is different but i lived beside a hugely obese man from europe and his wife was gorgeous ,this guy was so fat the sweat rolled down his face when he was watching tv and he was too large to use motorcycles

she turned heads everywhere she went ,she knew she was smoking hot and could have any cock she wanted (thai or farang )

i agree some men have much more ordinary wifes ,but what would you get in the west when your retired ,divorced ,old ,POOR (a western pension is only loads of money in thailand )

go to europe ,new york or london and see how far you get and what type of women you can attract in the october /november days of your life with a meager salary or retirement package

pensioners.jpg

jeny2.jpg

Sorry, but there is no way that the Victor Meldrew wanabe pictured above is going to score for the long term with the cutie pictured below unless he is willing to invest millions of bahts into the so-called relationship that comes with no guarantees. They’re only chance is perhaps for short time that will cost them a truckload of cash. Or in other words, the state of affairs is not much difference than in the West.

I have been out with my mates and seen similar, an old relic walking hand in hand with some young hottie who has the appearance of a bargirl on leave. Once one of my mates said; look at that lucky bas---d with that gorgeous young bit of stuff and I replied, yes, but how much is the guy paying for the privilege and who will she be walking arm in arm with next week?

Any old guys that believe they can obtain desirable girls like this based on they’re charm and protocol are not living in the real world. Anyone that believes differently is living in cloud cockoo land where all their dreams may come true.

Edited by Beetlejuice

What I wonder is, is this type of thing more prevalent in Thailand than other countries in the world? Surely there are countries more poor than Thailand with people who are more desperate.

If so, why?

That is quite a simple question to answer. Thailand has the westernized infrastructure to almost make a man feel like he's home, only with an exotic flavour. Thailand is a relatively safe country when compared to South America, Africa, Philippines or many Malaysian countries.

Your 'simple' answer is fraught with inaccuracies, however.

Thailand has a very basic 'western' infrastructure

There is only one Malaysia . . . not 'many Malaysian countries' and how are 'these countries' unsafe compared to Thailand? I'd say 'they' are much, much, much safer than Thailand

Thailand is cheap for beer and hookers . . . aren't they two of the main reasons why single men gravitate to the place?

Edited by Sing_Sling

Who cares, the old duffers are getting better than they ever could in their country and the rough looking bargirls 30+ and divorced with kids will never get a look in from a Thai bloke, so surely they both do OK out of it for however long it lasts. Then comes the other beauty of living here, if it all goes wrong there is another one around the next corner, for both camps.

• Like 1

lets say in your pensioner years you dont have a shitoad left to look forward too

if you have a lot of cash from your retirement its pretty much useless to you if you cant enjoy it

you marry a young girl in her 20s ,she takes care of you (generally ) you take care of her (financialy )

i know plenty of couples thats doing the same and he maybe sending 10-20k a month to her family

and paying the bills or rent

she is cooking ,cleaning ,washing his clothes ,doing his shopping ,companionship and maybe a bit of sex as well

we could argue all day about whos taking advantage of who but they are both content in the situation so whats the point ?

What I wonder is, is this type of thing more prevalent in Thailand than other countries in the world? Surely there are countries more poor than Thailand with people who are more desperate.

If so, why?

That is quite a simple question to answer. Thailand has the westernized infrastructure to almost make a man feel like he's home, only with an exotic flavour. Thailand is a relatively safe country when compared to South America, Africa, Philippines or many Malaysian countries.

There is only one Malaysia . . . not 'many Malaysian countries' and how are 'these countries' unsafe compared to Thailand? I'd say 'they' are much, much, much safer than Thailand

Thailand is cheap for beer and hookers . . . aren't they two of the main reasons why single men gravitate to the place?

I'd say your post is "fraught with inaccuracies." Thailand is way safer than just about any large city in the USA, and I'm not exaggerating. Have you been to LA? Cleveland? Atlanta? I'd rather stroll down Chiang Mai or BKK at midnight alone than some of these cities. And the USA is clearly a developed country. Ian is right. The PI is a sh*thole. Most of South America is not much better. And Africa...forget about it. So what is this "much, much, much safer than Thailand" crappola? And regarding infrastructure...Thailand ain't no Singapore or Japan. But it's the best in SE Asia. Malaysia? It's a Muslim state. Enough said.

• Like 1

After some years I just watched that video again.

Typical Western media perspective of Thai women, where they consider that most of them are prostitutes or potential prostitutes willing to settle for any farang regardless of looks and age. Of course this is total rubbish.

What I fail to understand is why would these foreign guys be interested in becoming involved with women from the underclass of Thai society, that are probably mentally wreaked, have families in tow and perhaps have become institutionalised into prostitution?

Basically they are only seeking a farang as a fast track means of gaining wealth for themselves and families, which is more or less what they are saying in the video. When this has been achieved than the farang becomes insignificant to them and once that has happened, the odds are that these women will move on to pastures anew and the farang will be left high and dry. At least most of the Thai guys are blessed with common sense and stay well clear of them unless they are dirt poor, have nothing to lose and at the end of the day if it doesn’t work out, they don’t stand to lose anything.

Sorry chaps, but any farangs who involve themselves with these classes of women are either desperate or stupid or both.

For the simple reason that, for most foreign men here, even a poorly-educated, financially-challenged bargirl from Isaan represents a significant improvement over the old, jaded, mouthy women they've got to choose from back home. Yes there is a massive amount of delusion going on for a 60yr+ white man to sincerely believe that his 22-30yr old lusciously brown-skinned bargirl really IS in love with his acerbic, defensive, bitterly emasculated personality (if not his body) but, in return for monetary compensation, he does get to have sex with a girl/woman of a calibre no longer available to him in the West.

The point is that his delusion isn't really harming anyone. Everyone wins in their own way . . . until houses start getting built . I will never, ever understand how a crusty old man can build a house for a younger BG and/or her family, put everything in her name and then complain when it all goes wrong. I will always, ALWAYS laugh out loud when an old white guy moans about being knocked or swindled out of a house and money by a simple country girl. No sympathy for him at all.

Frankly, it's always the type of guy who's relied on "props" - money, power, cars, booze, drugs etc - to get women who get hosed like this if those props disappear. Guys who depend on the strength and nature of their personality to attract women never have those nagging doubts and the fear in the back of their minds so hardly have these problems with women from ANY part of the world.

It's all so vividly obvious but only to those who can "see".

Good post, in a nutshell, my sentiments exactly.

I fully understand why some guys, regardless of age, may chance <deleted> or bust by getting involved with these types of women. I think these women hold more attraction to those who are lacking in character, self confidence, the odd balls and the aging that may find obtaining female relationships with anything even half decent extremely difficult if not impossible in their home countries or even with women of a better class and standard in third world countries.

Of course there are always going to be the exceptions to the rule, but sadly, many of these relationships end in disaster for the farang and if they are willing to take the risk, considering it`s they’re only option, than go luck to all who sail in her.

i dont know if id go as far as to say all the farangs in thailand are "oddballs with no character ,confidence or self esteem" etc but they are certainly with women who they could never get the equivalent women in the own country

in uk ,usa or europe men in their 60's ..............with 18-25 year old hotties ? come on

they are obviously batting well out of their league,largely due to their percieved financial status

a retired electrician ,army or civil servant would not have his pick of 20 year old hotties in the west on his pension

people can say ,age doesnt matter in love but come on ,it just doesnt happen

i had a house in a gated comunity in pattaya once ( on soi kao noi worth 3-4 mil ) ,most of my neighbours was a retired western farang and a sexy young woman around half his age

compare that to the demographic of a community in uk or europe and youl see the differnce ........

That’s not what I said.

I quoted the guys that become involved with women from the underclass of Thai society, that are probably mentally wreaked, have families in tow and perhaps have become institutionalised into prostitution?

I am not generalising all the farangs living in Thailand. Plenty here who have sensibly married decent Thai women.

Edited by Beetlejuice

lets say in your pensioner years you dont have a shitoad left to look forward too

if you have a lot of cash from your retirement its pretty much useless to you if you cant enjoy it

you marry a young girl in her 20s ,she takes care of you (generally ) you take care of her (financialy )

i know plenty of couples thats doing the same and he maybe sending 10-20k a month to her family

and paying the bills or rent

she is cooking ,cleaning ,washing his clothes ,doing his shopping ,companionship and maybe a bit of sex as well

we could argue all day about whos taking advantage of who but they are both content in the situation so whats the point ?

Maybe in a perfect world or a perfect Thailand, but please read some of the newsclippings and other posters reports on Thai visa.

In many cases it doesn`t always work out exactly how you describe.

I'd say your post is "fraught with inaccuracies." Thailand is way safer than just about any large city in the USA, and I'm not exaggerating. Have you been to LA? Cleveland? Atlanta? I'd rather stroll down Chiang Mai or BKK at midnight alone than some of these cities. And the USA is clearly a developed country. Ian is right. The PI is a sh*thole. Most of South America is not much better. And Africa...forget about it. So what is this "much, much, much safer than Thailand" crappola? And regarding infrastructure...Thailand ain't no Singapore or Japan. But it's the best in SE Asia. Malaysia? It's a Muslim state. Enough said.

Oh dear, the mentally challenged are out again this evening . . .

The examples you give make about as much sense as your whole post, so before you try to make yourself sound even a tad intelligent why not read the post you are referring to first.

Where did I mention the US? How can my post be 'fraught with inaccuracies' in this regard? Have you been guzzle.gif this early?

Did I say Thailand was not safer than the PIs? How can my post be 'fraught with inaccuracies' in this regard when I didn't mention the PIs?

Africa? South America? How can my post be 'fraught with inaccuracies' in this regard when I didn't mention the Africa or S. America??

Thailand isn't a Singapore or Japan . . . Thailand has the best infrastructure in SEAsia? So, where is Singapore? Where is Japan? Have you been to Malaysia? Brunei?

Malaysia? It's a Muslim state. Enough said.

Ah yes, I thought it would come to that, the bigoted view of a mindless cretin . . . (yes, I'll wait while you look up those words) coffee1.gif

Oh, and be careful . . . it seems you and IanForbes believe that Malaysia and its Muslims (enough said, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more) are replicating themselves . . . soon there will be a dozen in SEAsia.

What was that about the infinite monkey theorem . . . nah, you'd prove that wrong if you were cloned and replaced the apes

cheesy.gif

Calm down Sing_Sling

If so, why?

Sorry for that, Sing Sing, My mistake. The phone rang just as I was typing and I didn't correct my error. I meant to say radical Islamic Asian countries. You are correct. Malaysia IS one separate country. If you agree with the structure of Islam putting women somewhere below the soi dogs in the street then I'm not going to argue with you. I know of a couple western guys out on the town in Malaysia and they wondered how they could get some action with the pretty women they saw. They were informed that it was easy if they were willing to spend the money. It seems a man can marry a young woman for an hour or more and enjoy her company, then divorce her a short time later. But, it all has to go through some middle man of authority.

Hello, and thanks for the video, it was interesting. Being new and still in the States, I am in the planning stages. From what I have gathered by reading many forums, books and google search. The Farang who builds a house for a Thai lady, usually ends up getting kicked to the curb, and the house belongs to the Thai lady. I don't think I would ever buy a house I can lose 100% of. What are the chance of meeting a nice girl, if I own a condo, and ask her to live with me? If that does not work, then I guess I will remain single. I have a lot to learn, and look forward to reading your post.

Thanks

D

Take the time to read "The Private Dancer"

the whole situation is laughable ,one of my friends is 65,spends his days playing pool ,eating pizza and drinking beers , and his wife is 28

but at least hes honest about it and he can have a laugh when the topic comes up ,he knows she with him because he "take care " and if he ever stopped being her income she would dust off her mini skirt and find a replacement .........

So what's your point? You disapprove of your friend's arrangement, even though he understands and accepts the dynamics of his relationship.

As long as he knows the ground rules and has no problem with it, why do you care, other than being fodder for you to poke fun at on an internet forum. With friends like you, who needs enemies.

My Thai GF is an engineer and crowd we hang out with are technical people from the local industrial area. She is 30 years younger than I. In the US my GF was also 30 years younger than I.There was a difference. A lot of times when eating dinner out, the restaurant staff would assume my GF was my daughter. This never happens in Thailand. When my daughter comes to visit me here it is assumed she is my wife and not my daughter. This doesn't bother my daughter who is 30 years old although she thinks it a bit odd. I think most Asian countries accept a larger age difference as normal. I have a number of Thai friends who have younger wives or mia nois. No one much seems to care.

The same is true throughout Central and South America. It's only the holier than thou western outcasts who seem to have a problem with it.

Read the young guys on Thai Visa for evidence of that. They don't like old guys, no respect! Pretty soon that attitude will rub off on even the Thai women.

IMO, westernization of the entire world is not a good thing.

This financial transformation does not have to be a big house or car or whatever, it can simply be the difference between living from hand to mouth and now having money to help buy the basic neccessities in life.

If they wanted to just buy the basic necessities in life, they would get a normal job like the other 99% of the population that doesn't spend their time whoring in Pattaya. This is just something they tell farang and farang tell themselves so they don't feel like they're being scammed.

Then you may not have seen much of rural Thai life. Many of these people do not have much formal education to begin with to go out and get a 'normal' job unless you class working 12 hours a day out in the rice paddies for so little money.

Au, she worked in a restaurant for 3,500 Baht a month and during her time off she helped her mother make flowers to be sold at the roadside. Au and her family live in a ramshackle wood hut on the edge of the river. No electric light, no t.v. or other things we take for granted in life. Yet she would never sell herself.

Nui. Her husband turned out to be an alcoholic and a wife beater. She lost everything. When I last saw her she was living and sleeping beneath a stilted house all year round. No bed, no electric or other basic neccessities in life. She also had little education to get a 'normal' job yet she did what she could to raise and feed her family.

Santi. Working as a manager in a hotel and on 6,000 Baht a month. He could not afford a woman, a car or a house. He lives with his sister so they can make ends meet by the time they have paid rent and electric and othe basics in life. He took a government computer repair course while also working 12 hours a day in an effort to improve himself then found there was no work in that line. Between him and his sister they were doing a lot better than the former 2 I mentioned.

The guy at the top of the mud road who lived in a ramshackle corrugated tin hut. Every day at dawn he was up and out working until dusk. You knew he was at home by the flickering light in that shack he lived in.

These are but a few examples of people I met while I was living out in the country. Au had the looks to go and work a bar but she refused. All of them had their pride. And at least one of these ate a small bag of sticky rice each day and it was a luxury for him to have a hot meal.

BUT if they were given the opportunity to be with a foreign man or lady that could enhance their lifestyle at least 3 of those would have jumped at the chance.

IMHO there are too many people who come here with their education, their money, their nice warm, comfy lifestyles back home who slag these Thai people off without ever seeing how many of them live. I am not a Thai apologist but I have seen the other side of Thai life to that in the cities and better off areas. Some epeople need to get out more.

SECONDED! best reply yet !!!

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

I look forward to a documentary filmed at the other end of this business - back in Farangland, examining the personal lives of the foreign men who come to Thailand seeking Thai wives, their troubles, tribulations and mindset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk0jhl70TRU&feature=player_detailpage

That guy is a perfect example of the sort of bloke who ends up with his financial clock cleaned over here. He genuinely believes his wife's with him for love rather than security. He even cites the fact she didn't speak a word of Englsih when they met as some kind of positive. Well at least he didn't move to Isaan and build a house for her, the family and the buffalo like so many fools do.

I thought that he said that she did speak good English.

Seems that he married her when he was 48, so they've obviously been together for some time now. He looks quite a bit younger in the photos.

Sorry for that, Sing Sing, My mistake. The phone rang just as I was typing and I didn't correct my error. I meant to say radical Islamic Asian countries. You are correct. Malaysia IS one separate country. If you agree with the structure of Islam putting women somewhere below the soi dogs in the street then I'm not going to argue with you. I know of a couple western guys out on the town in Malaysia and they wondered how they could get some action with the pretty women they saw. They were informed that it was easy if they were willing to spend the money. It seems a man can marry a young woman for an hour or more and enjoy her company, then divorce her a short time later. But, it all has to go through some middle man of authority.

Sounds like BS to me. Only a muslim man can marry a muslim woman. Did your imaginary friends undergo an imaginary conversion to Islam, before they had their imaginary hour or two of wedded bliss?

• Like 1

^ Post 116 doesn't fall under that category? Hmm . . .

seemingly you ARE allowed to call someone a "condescending buffoon" ,although NOT allowed to call them a "retard" on thai visa

i think the differnce is genuine retards might be offended at some thaivisa members taking their status licklips.gif

• Like 1

the whole situation is laughable ,one of my friends is 65,spends his days playing pool ,eating pizza and drinking beers , and his wife is 28

but at least hes honest about it and he can have a laugh when the topic comes up ,he knows she with him because he "take care " and if he ever stopped being her income she would dust off her mini skirt and find a replacement .........

So what's your point? You disapprove of your friend's arrangement, even though he understands and accepts the dynamics of his relationship.

As long as he knows the ground rules and has no problem with it, why do you care, other than being fodder for you to poke fun at on an internet forum. With friends like you, who needs enemies.

no ,youve misunderstood what i said entirely

I ADMIRE him because he doesnt give a XXXX what others think (some people DO think negatively about a 35 year age gap)

hes got an ideal income (more than can spend i would guess ) ,young sexy wife and hes happy

i know people in their 30's whose wives/gfs /partners would leave if the cash ever dried up and a lower budget lifesyle would be imposed on them than the one they have become accustomed to

i think its a scientifically proven fact not many will dispute that WOMEN LIKE MONEY !

thai women or american or european women ,

its just that money to get a 25 year old in thailand

and money to get a 25 year old in london is vastly differnt

people will say women dont care about money but get real

does anyone honestly think donald trump will ever have trouble finding a GF ? and he aint exactly an oil painting ,is he ? :D

Sounds like BS to me. Only a muslim man can marry a muslim woman. Did your imaginary friends undergo an imaginary conversion to Islam, before they had their imaginary hour or two of wedded bliss?

I'm only repeating what I was told and have no cause to call them liars. I try to stay away from Islamic countries because of their archaic laws. I don't like any system that treats women and children as second class citizens and I don't have the ability to discern the good ones from the bad. From what I was told the business proposition was an involved cerimony where you converted to Islam and could then marry a young girl for a short time period. Considering the scams I've seen in places like the Philippines it would not surprise me in the least. If there is a buyer then there will always be people who are willing to sell anything for price.

Here in northern Thailand I've spent time with a few muslims without any issues, and i've enjoyed their company, but I don't get into the politics or their laws. There seems to be many levels within the Islamic religion and I'm not really interested in any religion, anywhere. From my experience there has been more harm than good caused by every religion in the world.

• Like 1

I'm only repeating what I was told and have no cause to call them liars. I try to stay away from Islamic countries because of their archaic laws. I don't like any system that treats women and children as second class citizens and I don't have the ability to discern the good ones from the bad. From what I was told the business proposition was an involved cerimony where you converted to Islam and could then marry a young girl for a short time period. Considering the scams I've seen in places like the Philippines it would not surprise me in the least. If there is a buyer then there will always be people who are willing to sell anything for price.

Here in northern Thailand I've spent time with a few muslims without any issues, and i've enjoyed their company, but I don't get into the politics or their laws. There seems to be many levels within the Islamic religion and I'm not really interested in any religion, anywhere. From my experience there has been more harm than good caused by every religion in the world.

You seem to mean this seriously, so be assured that this 'married for an hour' is not only not done but also illegal. Some clown here tried to divorce his wife with an sms, writing three times 'I Divorce You'. The Sharia court told him in no uncertain terms that this was not on and when his wife consented formally he had to give her hat is customary - pretty much half of what he had (sound familiar?)

When Mrs Sling and I were on our honeymoon on Samoa - stayed at Coconuts Beach Club and Resort (look it up, quite excellent) - we were chastised or holding hands and kissing by the locals . . . they frown upon things like that, even from honeymooners . . . partially because of their strict cultural norms and part because of their fervent religious beliefs. Well, it turns out that this is exactly what they do; get married, hop into the bushes/jungle, have a root and then get divorced.

Oh, Samoans are Christians.

It is a shame that you think just because something is written it is also followed. You're a Christian, I presume, whether practicing or not is irrelevant. Have you read the bible?

Don't believe everything you hear from some drunks on a beachside binge - that's even worse than Wiki . . . and definitely don't compare Malaysia to the PIs.