Jet Airways.

pattayadingo

Hmm.

Having been prevented from flying out on the 6th due to appendicitis, I phoned Jet Airways this morning to arrange a new flight after going to the doctors surgery yesterday and being given the all clear to fly after the 19th of this month when the stitches can be removed.

Oddly enough I was offered a flight on Thursday 15th of this month until she realised what I had said about dates. Now she tells me I have to report to the duty officer at the check in desk on the day I want to fly. Upon informing her I would have to travel almost 300 miles to LHR and asking if I could either pre-book or have the number of the duty officer I was told I could not.

Would this be normal practice? It could be difficult if there are no flights available and I'd have to stay over in London.

There are no numbers listed for Jet airways LHR apart from the one I have, so I cannot contact another department. Or do I go and simply see what happens?

Anyone with experience in these matters who might have advice, please?

Sounds like they are taking your confirmed reservation and allowing you to use it for travel as a stand by passenger now. I read your previous post and the duty manager at LHR waived the change fee because of your medical condition and will know allow travel on a stand by basis -that really doesn't really cut it. Stand by out of LHR is one issue, stand by out of India is another. You should have been informed your ticket would be stand by or given the option to pay a fee to use at a later date.

Did you call Reservations: 0808 101 1199 is that local or forwarded to India ? I'd ring them again and ask if they have a ticket office and what the local phone number is so you can get driving directions...... try to get a confirmed reservation by getting in touch with the duty manager. Do you have the name of the duty manager ? ask reservations how they format e-mails john.doe (at) jet or jdoe etc and send him an e-mail begging for mercy.

I looked for a cargo number but they are handled by Servisair thinking they could lead you to the duty manager.

If they say it is stand by- try to ask for the loads they wont give you exact load numbers, but what about your return trip ?

Good luck-keep us posted.

Sounds like they are taking your confirmed reservation and allowing you to use it for travel as a stand by passenger now. I read your previous post and the duty manager at LHR waived the change fee because of your medical condition and will know allow travel on a stand by basis -that really doesn't really cut it. Stand by out of LHR is one issue, stand by out of India is another. You should have been informed your ticket would be stand by or given the option to pay a fee to use at a later date.

Did you call Reservations: 0808 101 1199 is that local or forwarded to India ? I'd ring them again and ask if they have a ticket office and what the local phone number is so you can get driving directions...... try to get a confirmed reservation by getting in touch with the duty manager. Do you have the name of the duty manager ? ask reservations how they format e-mails john.doe (at) jet or jdoe etc and send him an e-mail begging for mercy.

I looked for a cargo number but they are handled by Servisair thinking they could lead you to the duty manager.

If they say it is stand by- try to ask for the loads they wont give you exact load numbers, but what about your return trip ?

Thanks for that.

They would give me no more information other than to go to the duty desk on the day of flight even after I asked. No number or anything.

I have scanned the web for other numbers but there are none other than the one you have and no e-mail given either. A bit frustrating smile.png Yes, that number is through to a UK representative.

On reflection I do have another 2 ideas to try. One is to try and get hold of a supervisor on their main number or to maybe phone at the weekend. They did offer me a flight in 2 days time, so must have some method of booking me onto a flight.

No way do I want to go on stand-by here and in India. It could be a very long haul.

I'm not giving in too easily wink.png

Edited by pattayadingo

Thanks for that.

They would give me no more information other than to go to the duty desk on the day of flight even after I asked. No number or anything.

I have scanned the web for other numbers but there are none other than the one you have and no e-mail given either. A bit frustrating smile.png Yes, that number is through to a UK representative.

On reflection I do have another 2 ideas to try. One is to try and get hold of a supervisor on their main number or to maybe phone at the weekend. They did offer me a flight in 2 days time, so must have some method of booking me onto a flight.

No way do I want to go on stand-by here and in India. It could be a very long haul.

Don't give in, You should have been told (not that you were in any shape with your attack & pain) that they would honour the ticket on a stand-by basis.

When you call reservations your PNR(Passenger Name Record) will have notes saying your ticket is now standby so I doubt there is much they can do, I still think the best is to contact the duty manager - do you have his/her name ? Airport operations are the folks that are empowered to make the decision not the rez kids.

Just has another thought - you mentioned they would let you fly in two days - ASK them what booking class (fare basis code) they are booking you in, expect to here something like Q V L M if that is the case it will be a confirmed booking - if you can look at your ticket eticket I assume there will ba a fare codebasis- something like QWE7BKK it is not your record locator but fare base, the first letter should match your booking class----let us know

Edited by WilliaminBKK

Thanks for that.

Don't give in, You should have been told (not that you were in any shape with your attack & pain) that they would honour the ticket on a stand-by basis.

When you call reservations your PNR(Passenger Name Record) will have notes saying your ticket is now standby so I doubt there is much they can do, I still think the best is to contact the duty manager - do you have his/her name ? Airport operations are the folks that are empowered to make the decision not the rez kids.

Just has another thought - you mentioned they would let you fly in two days - ASK them what booking class (fare basis code) they are booking you in, expect to here something like Q V L M if that is the case it will be a confirmed booking - if you can look at your ticket eticket I assume there will ba a fare codebasis- something like QWE7BKK it is not your record locator but fare base, the first letter should match your booking class----let us know

i am glad I am not too easily annoyed ...

I phoned back to query their decision and also about standby or not. They have now told me I must pay £100 to change the flight and aslo £308 for the new flight.

No customer services number.

No duty manager number or anything else except an e-mail address that bounces back from mailer as unrecognised.

I cannot discover what is against my original reservation because they keep fobbing me off, except they now say my flight was not cancelled due to a medical emergency, hence the amount of money they want to change the flight.

A third call has given me a new e-mail address that does not bounce back. Maybe that will get an answer though I am beginning to doubt it.

"Airport operations are the folks that are empowered to make the decision not the rez kids."

Are these at LHR itself and not with the airline company?

BTW... thanks for the help :)

Keep calling it may get better LOL 100 and 308 sounds like they are making it up. I wonder if under the "medical" reason they would refund your entire ticket without penalty ? and you simply buy another ticket? realise it will take weeks for the money to make its way back to your credit card.

The reservations office is probably located in India, however it could be local in the daytime. Those kids are robots and speaking to a supervisor can often get some answers but they will document your reservation so if they say 308 the next robot will simply repeat that. The operations guy at the airport obviously showed you compassion in the first place and he is the one that has the power to waive the fee.

The joys of travel.....

There are some places on the internet if you trawl long and hard enough where you can get help to make complaints to Jet Airways, thoughthey say they cannot help in this case.

LHR say there is nothing they can do.

Barclays bank say nothing doing on a refund as I have not been denied service.

I did find an e-mail addy after the one Jet Airways gave me failed. The one that works is info@jet airways.com Though you will not get this information on their 'contact us' section.

They wrote back and have asked me to get in touch to resolve the matter - their idea of get in touch is to telephone India. Sigh. That is my next move.

I'll update when (if) I get a resolution :)

Pattaydingo, explain to Barclays you have been denied the original terms of carriage which states confirmed status and it is now standby-both ways. Chances are they wont budge but maybe just maybe.

Start e-mailing the powers that be: http://www.jetairways.com/EN/US/AboutUs/SeniorManagement.aspx

Post on airliners.net and airline equality and ask for help -google United breaks guitars

I've been an airline guy for 20 years and you are within your rights to demand positive space travel given your situation and travelling 500 km to get an answer is unacceptable to see the one person who allowed the original provision.

Pattaydingo, explain to Barclays you have been denied the original terms of carriage which states confirmed status and it is now standby-both ways. Chances are they wont budge but maybe just maybe.

Start e-mailing the powers that be: http://www.jetairway...Management.aspx

Post on airliners.net and airline equality and ask for help -google United breaks guitars

I've been an airline guy for 20 years and you are within your rights to demand positive space travel given your situation and travelling 500 km to get an answer is unacceptable to see the one person who allowed the original provision.

Thanks for the above.

I am getting stonewalled again today.

And trying to get hold or a supervisor with Jet airways is impossible.

Off to try some more tacks like those you mentioned :)

020 8735 9650 is the number for their UK HQ got from saynoto0870.com

Thanks for that RabC. :)

I have just phoned them and the lady I spoke to has said she will see what she can do and has requested details of all contact I have had with Jet Airways so far including calls and numerous e-mails.

Now I wait - again LOL - and see what happens next :)

I love banging my head against brick walls should be my new motto ;)

Well now. I have had a hard time with this company but I am getting my refund.

Their main problem is giving out information and also giving out correct information regarding people to contact. 2 of the 3 e-mail addresses I was given were incorrect, including the one I was given when I phoned the number RabC gave.

I did pester the info@jet airways mail that does seem to work and the perseverance has paid off.

10-14 days to get the refund into my account. Better than some, worse than some others, but a result.

Thanks for the help and support from WilliaminBKK and RabC.