Bangkok Airways To Relocate To Dmg?

The current news article http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/541121-pm-yingluck-orders-all-budget-airlines-to-fly-from-don-mueang-airport/page__st__100 is all about improving the operations at BKK. It says ... "Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has ordered that all low-cost airlines move to Don Mueang Airport to improve air and runway traffic at Suvarnabhumi"

The article also states that ... "Apart from AirAsia, major low-cost airlines using Suvarnabhumi Airport are Bangkok Airways and Orient Thai."

I am not sure how much truth there is in the article. For a start, Bangkok Airways could hardly be called a low-cost carrier, and if I remember, it is the second largest user of Suvarnabhumi after Thai Airways with some 10% or so of the number of passengers.

Anyway, the thought of them having to shift operations to DMG is worrying. I know that there are many day trippers to Bangkok from Samui who might not mind the move, but there are also a number of code share agreements that Bangkok Airways has which would make connecting flights a nightmare for the international tourists coming here.

Personally I cannot see it happening. Bangkok Airways is too important too Suvarnabhumi, and far too influential.

Bangkok Airways aint no budget airline if you ask me !

on there other routes, they are classed as ' budget ' as they are all similar prices, only samui route is the complete opposite...

not to sure if the Dr has enough connections to stay at swampy, would really mess up the tourism here if they cant get the connection right between Swampy and DM

They aren't classed as budget on any routes. They also have lounges at swampy so they are going nowhere. The suggestion they were a budget airline was from the writer of the article, not a quote from anyone.

100% Right on.