Airasia Again.............

veryruay

this is sad. nvm there is still silk air

Of course Silkair better. But more expensive.

Anyway, budget Airlines are mostly craps..................... you pay cheap, you get cheap. Even the AA pilots speak bad English!!!! I think because they are paid cheap too!

Would that make them better pilots if they did?

"I've only flown with them once but found it a very good and comfortable service.

Have a return ticket to pick up next month, hope they don't decide to stop earlier! "

Can you not simply download it from the site now?

Edited by Thailand

From the AA website.....

AirAsia, today announced its plans to realign its connectivity from the Chiang Mai hub. The initiative will see AirAsia withdrawing services between Chiang Mai and Singapore as of 22 May 2012.

AirAsia will offer guests who hold bookings after 21 May 2012 an alternative travel option at no additional cost to mitigate the inconvenience caused as a result of the route withdrawal. All affected guests will receive an e-mail stating options made available to them, including a full refund, or a credit shell option, which can be used to purchase AirAsia tickets. The credit shell will be valid for 90 days after date of issue. The withdrawal is put in place to improve operating cost efficiencies and enable the low-cost carrier to focus on its goals of launching a new international route from the Chiang Mai hub this year.

Sounds like CPT information regarding Macau could be correct

What I read in the paper today stated that the Chiang Mai - Singapore route would be replaced with a Chiang Mai - Macau route.

That will be two for Macau starting this year. The new 'Thai Smile' budget airline starts this route on June 1st.

My first time of booking with them is for a flight in May, promotion flight,, just got e mail and text saying flight cancelled i am rebooked on next flight 5 hours later. since i am on a fine time line thats no good but they offered refund of the 100 baht. First and last time, you pay for what you get. would be interested to know if its cancelled or just getting full and they are bouncing the 100 baht promotion bookings. No surely not they would not do that would they.

I got an email from them cancelling a BKK flight (200 THB) in September. About 5 days later they wrote again offering us a flight later that day. I was surprised and certainly happy about it because we were going to Koh Chang.

I sure hope they don't cancel my other tickets as we have more to use this year; BKK, Phuket and Hat Yai.

me to 1 to Rangoon 160 each way and a phuket one. wait and see i guess.

For three years in a row we traveled to Bali for a month with Air Asia. Every return flight from Bangkok was canceled and we were forced to wait a further four hours.

The last time we used them we took my boy who was visiting us and I told him to book his return to Canada with EVA air.

He later told me if I could find other flights when we travel he would gladly pay more for them rather than travel with Air Asia again.

For the life of me I can not understand people who talk about good service. Selling water, coffee and sandwiches is not my idea of good service on a airline.

A month ago I flew to Bangkok I was booked on Orient Thai they canceled the flight and after four hours told me they had booked me with Air Asia. I was in a serious medical condition at the time and had notified them that I would need a wheel chair in swampy. On arrival I was told I would have to wait half a hour.

The flight back with Orient Thai was OK and I will give them one more try. Sh-t happens with all air lines but when it is consistent I will pay for a better carrier. Bangkok Air never gave me a hard time.

Edited by hellodolly

I've had very good experiences with Air Asia and have flown many flights with them (90% inside Thailand). I don't care about the food. I never eat on short flights even if they give it for free. The pilots have all been good; take off and landing very smooth. The ladies are attractive and helpful. I consider them a good budget carrier. Too many people complain about them especially when they only pay 100-400 THB per ticket on their promotions. Some people will never be satisfied.

• Like 1

I always travel about the region with Air Asia, done Ho Chi Min, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Bali. New clean aircraft, nearly aways on time (often 5 minutes early). I don't care about plastic food or drink in-flight or hold baggage. I'm disappointed that some routes only last for at most a year. Oh well, the price is usually right so long as you book well in advance.

I'm flying CNX-BKK this week for less than 600 baht including all fees. How much is the bus? And this is definitely much faster and safer.

Please continue bashing Air Asia. There will be more seats for those of us who know what to expect from a budget airline.

• Like 1

Maybe Fernandes wants to forget about F1, and concentrate on his

airline,which seems to be going downhill fast.

regards Worgeordie

He's got English Premier League (soon to be relegated) side Queens Park Ranger's to worry about too and he seems to be at most games (I wonder who he will fly with in future)?

Some people have had bad experiences with AA and other's haven't. I am one of those that have been generally satisfied, got value for money and I've used them a lot.

Who really cares about cup of noodles and a snicker bar?

• Like 1

Millwall Fan, that sounds expensive. Last week I was offered Air India and and Jet for about 31,000 baht (BKK to LHR via Bombay) and chose Jet as the BKK connection meant no overnight stay needed. Granted, I'm not travelling with a child so can put up with an indirect flight.

Talk to khun Jan at World Express Travel (053 273 017) opposite the Shangri-La - they've been there ages and she is very helpful and reliable.

Thanks for that Greenside. There are two issues. I only flew Air India once and swore I'd never do so again (rude cabin staff, smelly toilets etc), Have they improved? Also most of the cheap flights go into LHR or LGW, whereas I need to go to Newcastle or possibly Manchester, The cheap deals seem to fizzle out north of Watford!

Thanks for the heads up on World Express Travel. I use P&P Travel on Thapae Rd, where the lovely Praneet, a Sikh lady, has looked after my travel needs for 20 years! - no harm in introducing a bit of competition though!!

Hi MF,

I had the same problem, but just booked BKK-AMS-MAN return on KLM website for about 38k. Good connection times.

Greenside, I've been hearing of problems at many Indian airlines, including Jet and Kingfisher, since the Indian Govt increased landing fees by, if I remember correctly, about 300%. Lots of airlines, including Air Asia, pulling out of India, I hear.

CMMCB

I had the same problem, but just booked BKK-AMS-MAN return on KLM website for about 38k. Good connection times.

Just pulled up EVA 6 - 21 June 30,000 Non stop to LHR (Mox Travel Website)

https://www.moxtrave...lityResult.aspx

Swampy - Newcastle 36,000 May/June with KLM

https://www.moxtravel.com/availabilityResult.aspx

Including Taxes & Surcharges

THB 30,650 per Adult

THB 30,650

Including Taxes & Surcharges

THB 30,650 per Adult

Edited by uptheos

Anyway, budget Airlines are mostly craps..................... you pay cheap, you get cheap. Even the AA pilots speak bad English!!!! I think because they are paid cheap too!

if you do luggage check in, have a meal, choose your seat, silkair is actually cheaper at times

Air India trails a distant second place to Jet. State-owned, over-staffed (largely with poorly trained, poorly motivated folk) and with little desire to provide a service, Air India is not a good option.

Jet is far preferable. The only issue is that they use single-aisle 737-800s from India to BKK and if you can route via DEL rather than BOM you will save yourself a huge amount of hassle, as DEL is modern and super-efficient in comparison to the hell-hole of BOM.

Have used Jet a lot to India - they offer some great business class fares on the 737-800s to India and with decent 2+2 seating it's not much different to wide-bodied for sometimes less than half the price of Thai, Cathay etc who operate that route. Only downside is the flight time is about 20 mins more for the 737. Wouldn't use that route for long haul to Europe though, many much better direct options; unless your budget is so tight that you don't object to spending time in an Indian airport. Even though the new DEL is a major improvement it's still India rolleyes.gif though the upgraded BOM is not that bad (the old one was HELL)!

As to Air India, NEVER NEVER! I flew BOM to BKK with their sister/relative Indian Airlines once; my worst flying experience ever...... Business Class has second hand seats, they were hand painted (you could see the brush marks), and had a piece of plywood screwed over the hole where, in a previous life, the entertainment console used to be. Service was atrocious. Forget it! N.B. back then flights were always full, but with the advent of Jet etc competition has freed things up a lot.

Swampy - Newcastle 36,000 May/June with KLMTHB 30,650 per Adult

Sadly KLM are changing their flight times from 25 March and dropping the onward leg to Taipei. Great shame as the pricing for this was excellent. The old routing gave good flight times from a jet leg avoidance viewpoint as both ways were overnight. AMS-BKK will now arrive around 9 a.m. (that's 2-3- a.m. U.K.) and the return is a daytime flight :( Believe AF are doing something similar though don't recall the times).

Exactly, QPR is doom because the Boss holds a cheap Airline. Relegation cannot be avoid!!! RIP!

Maybe Fernandes wants to forget about F1, and concentrate on his

airline,which seems to be going downhill fast.

regards Worgeordie

He's got English Premier League (soon to be relegated) side Queens Park Ranger's to worry about too and he seems to be at most games (I wonder who he will fly with in future)?

Some people have had bad experiences with AA and other's haven't. I am one of those that have been generally satisfied, got value for money and I've used them a lot.

Who really cares about cup of noodles and a snicker bar?

Not exactly correct,.

if you do luggage check in, have a meal, choose your seat, silkair is actually cheaper at times

Not exactly correct,.

like i said at times. sometimes airasia fares are quite ridiculous imo

you could just go to silkair and airasia website now and check the ticket from cnx to sin on 4th of april. airasia is at 3190 all in, silkair 4665 all in

i made my trip to sin during chinese new year. airasia was at a crazy 9800+ baht single way, silkair at 11k

Edited by barefoot1988

Not exactly correct,.

plus silk air is a 20kilo baggage allowance.

If you paid with a credit card and they do not issue refunds, contact your bank and charge back the item. You may have to sign a few things or push in some cases, but the bank will almost always side with their card holding customers (for charge backs) if you approach it correctly.

the next alternative is to fly cnx-kl-sin, thru airasia home turf smile.png

Looks like i will have to do this way as after hearing about the Bangkok Airport Immigration, only 1 to go through.fiasco it is not worth it.

Trying to get to Singapore another way