High Tech Luggage Surveillance

I usually land around midnight at swampy when flying in to the country. After clearing customs I head to the luggage belts to wait for my luggage. I always find it amusing to watch the Video screens showing the luggage making it's way to you. It's great that they have Video Surveillance of your bags. But what I find so amusing is that the Video is shot during the day and it's now around midnight????? Yep that wonderful Video Surveillance is a looped recording.

• Like 1

and.....? Why put up Video Screens at every luggage belt, Install camera's and only use them to show the same looped video. The looped video is shot on a nice sunny day and played at night. The other funny part is most of the people waiting for their bags are trying to spot them on the video not realizing that the sun set over 6 hours ago.

yes, thank you up-country I do understand that but why? Let's be fair, it's not the most interesting of posts is it?!!!

Best regards

Rocket

Well

its a misleading attempt to feign security that doesn't exist.

Then again maybe the purpose is that they let the baggage staff see the video (in the day) to make them think they are being watched so they dont try anything?

yes, thank you up-country I do understand that but why? Let's be fair, it's not the most interesting of posts is it?!!!

Best regards

Rocket

this is very interesting post and very disturbing

and your post? have you got any excuse?

• Like 1

I actually saw my luggage on the belt video (distinct luggage). Although from the time I actually saw it to the time it was spewed out onto the carousel was several minutes. Perhaps it's recorded and looped later when the tv station goes of the air at midnight. huh.png Hey, you never know!