St Vincent De Paul Or Equivalent?

Monmichel

Hi all

Would anyone know of a charity in Bangkok where I can donate clothes and knickknacks - one like the St Vincent's De Paul organisation abroad? I'm doing a big clean up and have clothes, shoes, magazines, books, decorative items like ceramics to give away - all in good condition, items that I would feel bad throwing away. Very grateful for any ideas.

... or there is an Aussie based organisation called Second Chance.

A traditional Australian op-shop is funding school holiday activities for children in one of the poorest slums in Thailand's capital.

Second Chance sells mostly second hand goods from expats to pay for various sport and art activities in the notorious slum of Klong Toey.

It's now developing a so called "upcycling" program in which Thai women in need of an income make old clothes into new items - many of which are then sold back to foreign residents.

Short news clip showing the shop in action ... http://www.abc.net.a...k-slums/3767572

Contact Information

Second Chance Bangkok

99/101 Ardnarong Rd. Klongtoey Klongtoey

10110 Bangkok

www.scbkk.org

[email protected]

Phone: 087 026 4205

post-104736-0-12022400-1331970666_thumb.

David48 cowboy.gif

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

i dont know if they are honest or not but i know buddhist temples will take anything you dont need and wish to donate

im not sure how the distribution is organised

but they take everything from cash to unwanted cats and dogs and everything in between

(and there is a temple on every corner in bkk so its convenient too )

edit : someones just told me that cothes and stuff left at temples is really given to the poor people

Edited by wana