Apec Travel Business Card

Good for 90 days on entry into Thailand. No idea if an extension on that is possible.

Depending on nationality though, there seems to be a tightening eligibility requirements to get an ABTC. Australia certainly is one, and now they are only more or less issuing them to high level business people in companies with multi-million dollar turn over. Annecdotally it appears that some were using them as defacto temporary residency cards, which goes against the spirit and purpose of the ABTC.

Good for 90 days on entry into Thailand. No idea if an extension on that is possible.

Depending on nationality though, there seems to be a tightening eligibility requirements to get an ABTC. Australia certainly is one, and now they are only more or less issuing them to high level business people in companies with multi-million dollar turn over. Annecdotally it appears that some were using them as defacto temporary residency cards, which goes against the spirit and purpose of the ABTC.

Another reason they tightened up was because Australians had something like 30% of the issued cards.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Another reason they tightened up was because Australians had something like 30% of the issued cards.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Which is not that surprising really when you think about it logically given the development of australian business compared to most other apec countries and their need to travel.

I have a Nz issued ABTC card.

ABTC holders entering Thailand are granted permission to stay for 90 days (not 60) and this is not extendable unless the applicant qualifies under some other criteria (e.g. visiting Thai spouse or child).

• 1 month later...

I've been only getting 30 days with my ABTC. Twice now and my ABTC card was issued from NZ.

Anyone know why only 30?

Last time the officer sternly barked "no visa, 1 month".

When filling the arrival card should one write ABTC in the visa section?

I've been only getting 30 days with my ABTC. Twice now and my ABTC card was issued from NZ.

Anyone know why only 30?

Last time the officer sternly barked "no visa, 1 month".

When filling the arrival card should one write ABTC in the visa section?

you should ask to speak to a senior officer if that happens again.

The card itself is the visa and you may remember when you first applied

for it, it took several weeks if not months and that is because they were getting

clearances from all the different member countries.

it is much better than it was say seven or eight years ago when it

had just been introduced and only the senior officers knew about the correct stamps

at that time but even now you might find some immigration officers who are not aware of

the proper arrangements and I always put the full number of the APEC card in the

Visa section on the arrival card

Edited by midas

• 11 months later...

An APEC card entry cannot be used for any extension of stay because is is not considered a non immigrant visa.

Some immigration offices might give an extension that does not require a visa entry such the 60 day extension to visit a Thai family member or for medical reasons.