Chelsea v Barcelona

Real Madrid v Arsenal

Werder Bremen v Juventus Turin

Bayern Munich v AC Milan

PSV Eindhoven v Lyon

Ajax v Inter Milan

Benfica v Liverpool

Rangers v Villareal

If the top play the bottom like last year, Liverpool have a fairly easy route to the final. Top half of the draw................well?????????????

ta-ta chelski.............justice has been done. :D  :D

I take it you mean like last year :o

Same old draw......maybe same old result. The only difference is Chelsea are better this year.

chelski's worst possible draw...i honestly reckon that they will be scared....but this WILL be the acid test for them.......if they get through it again they might earn peoples respect for the first time

The draw for the Champions league was held today. Full draw;

Chelsea v Barcelona

Real Madrid v Arsenal

Werder Bremen v Juventus Turin

Bayern Munich v AC Milan

PSV Eindhoven v Lyon

Ajax v Inter Milan

Benfica v Liverpool

Rangers v Villareal

If the top play the bottom like last year, Liverpool have a fairly easy route to the final. Top half of the draw................well?????????????

The teams which will progress (imo)

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Juventus

AC Milan

Lyon

Liverpool

Villareal

Unfortunately I think Liverpool will be the only British team representing in the next round. Real Madrid and Arsenal are a close one, but Real on their day against Arsenal on their day, I know who I would put my money on.

Same old draw......maybe same old result. The only difference is Chelsea are better this year

I'm a regular viewer of Spanish football, particuarly when Barca play and they are better than they wee last year, partly because of the ermegence of Messi, who would give Rooney a good run for best young player. Last year Ronaldinho was great, this year he is unplayable, he is far better, his two goals against Madrid were unstopable, you would have to half him to have any chance. I think Mourinho will be slightly dissapointed they never won the group now.

Anyone else got some predictions?

chelski's worst possible draw...i honestly reckon that they will be scared....but this WILL be the acid test for them.......if they get through it again they might earn peoples respect for the first time

If you want to win the CL then you gottta go up against the best. If Chelsea are serious about winning and think they are good enough. Then they should be right up for this game. Because i think that Barca on their day will beat anyone in Europe.IMHO

In four champs league games Chelsea have put ZERO goals past The Mighty Reds, what chance against Barca, specially seeing as their no 1 hacker has been suspended for being a hacker, bet Old Bigheaded special one wishes he had won the group now :o

Edited by phuketsiam

In four champs league games Chelsea have put ZERO goals past The Mighty Reds, what chance against Barca, specially seeing as their no 1 hacker has been suspended for being a hacker, bet Old Bigheaded special one wishes he had won the group now :o

You're right of course; that's why we stuck one goal for every time we didn't score in the Champions league in the net last time we visited Anfield in the Premiership. :D

ta-ta chelski.............justice has been done. :D  :D

I take it you mean like last year :o

Same old draw......maybe same old result. The only difference is Chelsea are better this year.

Justice may be done this time around as Chelsea 'cheated' to progress last season. John Terry's header should have been disallowed for a blatent (well, I say blatent, but obviously it wasn't blatent enough for the referee) foul on Victor Valdes. Bacelona would have then progressed to the Q finals on away goals.

I do expect Barcelona to win this time around, but I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't, well, I would be a little surprised.

should have been disallowed for a blatent (well, I say blatent, but obviously it wasn't blatent enough for the referee) foul on Victor Valdes. 

I take it you mean that Newcastles goal at the weekend should have been disallowed because of a blatent foul by Shearer leading up to it. Jeez, some of you lot talk <deleted>. Well I say good luck Chelsea. And good luck to Arsenal, Liverpool and Rangers. Afterall I'M British before anything else.

should have been disallowed for a blatent (well, I say blatent, but obviously it wasn't blatent enough for the referee) foul on Victor Valdes. 

I take it you mean that Newcastles goal at the weekend should have been disallowed because of a blatent foul by Shearer leading up to it. Jeez, some of you lot talk <deleted>. Well I say good luck Chelsea. And good luck to Arsenal, Liverpool and Rangers. Afterall I'M British before anything else.

Which foul are you referring to? Shearer made like 101, he should have been off too, but fortunately for us he didn't.

Any ways, I think the two are quite different, also, I'm not trying to dispute that goal either. If the roles had been reversed and it had been that goal in the same circumstances which put Barca through, I'm sure Chelsea fans would have something to say, don't be hypocritical.

Out of the British teams left in the competition I would only like to see Rangers progress, may seem a little strange. However, the other teams are obviously in the same league as the team I support and the further they progress, the wider the gap becomes between them and my team, something I certainly do not want to see, whether I'm British or not.

[.  However, the other teams are obviously in the same league as the team I support and the further they progress, the wider the gap becomes between them and my team, something I certainly do not want to see, whether I'm British or not.

I think you got things a little back to front Davey old boy. If Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool get knocked out of the Champions league, then they will concentrate on the Premiership. The only hope you lot have got of closing the gap is if all the teams stay in the Champions league, meaning mounting fixtures and mounting injuries and then putting out weakened teams against the lesser opposition, which Newcastle certainly are.

Out of the British teams left in the competition I would only like to see Rangers progress, may seem a little strange.  However, the other teams are obviously in the same league as the team I support and the further they progress, the wider the gap becomes between them and my team, something I certainly do not want to see, whether I'm British or not.

I'm a Spurs fan and I would still like an English team to win the cup , Rangers ? I couldn't give a toss......

:o

I'd like to see an English team win (Liverpool preferably) but I would love to see that smug get Mourinho get his come uppance, he's such a whinger when things go against him, but myopic the rest of the time, I quite like Chelsea, play some great football (when Essian is not maiming people) but Mourinho gets up my nose more than Lord Purple Nose used to.

[.  However, the other teams are obviously in the same league as the team I support and the further they progress, the wider the gap becomes between them and my team, something I certainly do not want to see, whether I'm British or not.

I think you got things a little back to front Davey old boy. If Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool get knocked out of the Champions league, then they will concentrate on the Premiership. The only hope you lot have got of closing the gap is if all the teams stay in the Champions league, meaning mounting fixtures and mounting injuries and then putting out weakened teams against the lesser opposition, which Newcastle certainly are.

No, no, no... I think you've missed my point. Playing in the champions league brings much needed revenue for clubs, the longer you stay in it, the more money you make. I'm a realist, I know Newcastle haven't got a chance of winning the league this season, next season or any time in the near future. However, if we are to catch up with the better teams (Arsenal, Chelsea, Man utd) we need to be able to compete financially also. You above most, as a Chelsea fan should know that the more money you have, the more success you have. So on that basis I would like to see all English teams (apart from Newcastle of course) crash and burn in Europe, that goes for the UEFA too.

Yeah but Chelsea don't need Champs League revenue, they more than they need already, its a good philosophy but it doesn't apply to Chelski

Unfortunately that is true, I was supposed to include that in my previous post. It could potentially deter the bigger named players to join Chelsea however, well, that is until they offer them 130k a week or something. I suppose credit to them though, if they want to pay it, why shouldn't they...

Edited by Davey