Mfa - Address In Thai, And Question About Postal Service.

johnlk

Hi,

I'm just trying to prepare for my upcoming trip back to LOS and my application for the affirmation letter.

Does anyone know the address for the MFA in Laksi, written in Thai for the purpose of the taxi ride from the (British) embassy? And is it correct it will be a 20km ride?

Also, does anyone know the normal opening hours for the MFA, and what dates they will be open around the 10th of April? (I saw on ThaiVisa yesterday bars were closing between the 10-12th, and wondered if banks/government offices would close too).

Just one more question: is it possible for the MFA to forward on the affirmation to a postal address rather than having to wait around in Bangkok?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2630.php

Legalization Division , 3rd floor

Department of Consular Affairs

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

123 Chaeng Watthana Road

Bangkok 10210

Tel : 0-2575-1056-59 Fax : 0-2575-1054

Service hours : 08.30 - 14.30 hrs. (Closed on Saturday - Sunday and Public Holidays)

Email : [email protected]

Thai address cannot find

Found - 123 ถนนแจ้งวัฒนะ เขตหลักสี่ กรุงเทพฯ 10210

Edited by beano2274

Thanks beano.

I just tried on the site and found the address in English, but when clicking on the Thai version it went back to the home page.

Anyway, eventually I think I have it exactly now:

ที่ตั้ง กรมการกงสุล

กองสัญชาติและนิติกรณ์ ชั้น 3

เลขที่ 123 อาคารกรมการกงสุล

ถนนแจ้งวัฒนะ

แขวงทุ่งห้อง เขตหลักสี่

กรุงเทพฯ 10210

It's just to print out to give to the taxi to make life easier.

The site does say that it isn't open on the weekends and public holidays, but will the royal funeral count as a public holiday?

And can anyone say for certain if they can post once completed rather than needing to wait around?

Royal funeral will probably mean Official Government Holiday, so it will probably be closed.

I thought it was a collection only thing, but am not sure. Why not get your intended to phone them up and ask them.

She did just that, but the info she received was quite questionable.

When asked the opening hours she was told 8am to 2pm, (different to the web-site)

And when asked if they would be open at the time of the funeral, she was told "it's up to the government".

He also said that it would take 2 days and it must be collected, this was in case of spelling mistakes which makes sense I guess.

Because of his answers I am not exactly convinced, especially as I've read about an express service which apparently takes one day.

Now I'm starting to think of heading straight to the intended's on my arrival, and going back to BKK after this holiday period, just because of this uncertainty.

Thanks guys.

I've had a reply from the MFA when I asked their opening times around the 10th April,

I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else needed the info:

"My office will be open between 9th April – 12th April then we will close for Songkran Festival between 13rd April -16th April.

Regards,"