Afl Season Is About To Start

jinjinswing

As you would expect most pubs/bars showing the AFL are in the Sukhumvit area. All the bars below have AFL games check their websites each week for screening time updates on each round.

All are in lower to mid Suk area:

The Clubhouse - Soi 23

The Office - Soi 33

The Sport Corner - Soi 20

The Australian Pub & BBQ - Soi 11

Soi 8 sports bar - Soi 8

Sportsman Bar - Washington Sq (22-24)

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Hey im a Dee's man too.....dont know about leading the charge this year but it is time for the red and blue to give us suffering supporters something to be interested in.... i expect them to make the finals, but you know how it goes ....new coach new direction dont expect to much...this new guy has got to be better than Baily, im still shaking my head in disbelief how they passed over sheedy for him...

Mr jalansanitwong if your in BKK and wanna catch a few games with me let me know, the invite is to anyone who answered...

ps for those not in the know...AFL is how we colonials entertain ourselves hahaha oh and i think we hold the record for the most people to a game around 120,000 to a final....and the dees and woods something like 90,000 to a regular season game....so think again before smirk at us colonials...hahaha

Speaking of the dee's, a true gentleman of the game has gone.

Football legend Jim Stynes has died after a long & brave battle with cancer. He was just 45.

A legend of the Demons, AFL & a Irishman who made an incredible mark on the Aussie game & the Australian public in general.

RIP Jimmy

Gee, im sorry to hear that, i havent gone into The Age newspaper for a few days, he was something else, when he played i use to go to all the games in Melbourne, im not saying this just because he was a dees player but truly i have never seen anyone from his first game to his last improve with every game...a rock on the ground, and always determined..highly determined, holds the record for consecutive games played, the strongest mind and used it to get over injury's or able to raise the pain threshold, in his fight for life the word out there that wasnt puplic was lucky to be alive in 6 mths...

He got an extra 2 ys of life because he was so determined, he has done a lot for youth and the MFC a true waste of a life still so young.

Football legend Jim Stynes has died after a long & brave battle with cancer. He was just 45.

A legend of the Demons, AFL & a Irishman who made an incredible mark on the Aussie game & the Australian public in general.

RIP Jimmy

Only 45. Terrible.

Condolences to family.

RIP.

RIP Jimmy

Only 45. Terrible.

Condolences to family.

RIP.

+1

Hey im a Dee's man too.....dont know about leading the charge this year but it is time for the red and blue to give us suffering supporters something to be interested in.... i expect them to make the finals, but you know how it goes ....new coach new direction dont expect to much...this new guy has got to be better than Baily, im still shaking my head in disbelief how they passed over sheedy for him...

Mr jalansanitwong if your in BKK and wanna catch a few games with me let me know, the invite is to anyone who answered...

ps for those not in the know...AFL is how we colonials entertain ourselves hahaha oh and i think we hold the record for the most people to a game around 120,000 to a final....and the dees and woods something like 90,000 to a regular season game....so think again before smirk at us colonials...hahaha

Delusional fools,1.38 to not make the 8!

Follow the team with promise, the one bound to deliver.

Go Tiges! drunk.gif

We have been building our list over the last 3 years, no dout we have some quality guns in the team, a few are coming up to that magical 40 to 60 games under there belt, what we havent had in a long time is a good coach hopeful lyon and co got the right guy this time, from all accounts hes the man of all the assistants going around...and finally a defensive style coach.

Like i said earlier how they passed over sheedy i have no idea, hardwick to made much more sense than baily...

and we havent had a good captain since gary lyon, trentgrove as co captain is a great choice i think too, so outside of injuries finishing somewhere from 5th to 9th isnt out of the question, im tipping 6th.

The Office in 33 is best for AFL.

All the other places have it on as a courtesy, The Office does it properly WITH sound.

Much longer Super 15 season as well as the general availability of Setanta might upset the apple cart a little though given that Australia Network still does not have any distribution in Thailand.....

Don't know if anyone watched the opening game last saturday night..Swans v GWS.

If you missed it, you didn't miss much.

Don't think the Swans will be challenging for the flag. We really need someone who can kick goals consistently.

• 3 weeks later...

Australia network shows games fri sat and Sunday. I believe fox will show all games this year so you are bound to find your team on any sport bar etc.

AFAIK, you can only get the games broadcast by the Australia Network Channel which is usually 4 games per week.

Regards

Will