Where To Buy A Quality Juicer In Chiang Mai?

PoodMaiDai

I bought a blender at Siam. Just add ice and you get all the vitamins from the fruit. No wasted pulp. I paid over 8,000 baht for mine.

What do you get that a 1,400 Baht Moulinex can't do?

Sounds the same to me i.e. ingredients plus ice and press the button..

I bought a blender at Siam. Just add ice and you get all the vitamins from the fruit. No wasted pulp. I paid over 8,000 baht for mine.

Answer quality and I don't have to buy a new one for years. It will also make soup.

Don't really know the model number it says ssb-1hk

220-240 50Hz 1000WSorry I don't have more information. It had a down side the instructions were in English and the wife couldn't read them to see all of it's different uses.

I throughley enjoy it.

Siam Electronics is located outside the moat on the south side of the old city. Hard to miss it a big building with a lot of room for parking. They have every thing from washing machines to computers fan's to rice cookers.

They also have cheaper models. I just got fed up with the cheaper ones and paid the big bucks for a quality one.

Edited by hellodolly

Answer quality and I don't have to buy a new one for years. It will also make soup.

Well, I've had my Moulinex for three years, still going strong and it makes great smoothies. I just make sure that the ice is crushed first. Other than that it's the same as yours (serves the same purpose).

Soup isn't particularly difficult to make.....is it?

Edited by uptheos

IMO blended carrots just do not have the same appeal as freshly made carrot juice.

Correct, one needs a spoon to eat the blended stuff.

Not if you add ice cubes and you will get all the vitamins.

On the other hand I guess you could use your pulp as a soup stock.

Would someone please explain what exactly is a "masticating" juicer as opposed to a run of the mill juicer for around 5k made by say Philips?

In my search I did not see any Philips which I believe to be a good brand.

I did see several in the 4,000 baht range at Makro I took the information down and tried to google them but they were not there. I had gone through a coupe of cheap ones and decided to pay the bucks and get one I could rely on so far not a problem. I got it at Siam where if I was to have a problem I could take it back for repair they might send it out but it would still be a good machine.

You are rite it is defiantly expensive but for me worth it.

To be fair I only looked at Siam Macro and Robinson. I had my fill of the ones at big C.

Would someone please explain what exactly is a "masticating" juicer as opposed to a run of the mill juicer for around 5k made by say Philips?

According to the juicing fanatics, a cheap, centrifugal juicer kills most of the enzymes in the juice almost immediately, but a masticating juicer makes juice that has all the enzymes for about 24 hours and gets more vitamins and minerals out of the vegetables and fruits. The health clinics that claim to cure diseases with juicing therapy use masticating juicers or ones with hydraulic presses that are super-expensive and do not advise drinking any pulp.

• Like 1

220-240 50Hz 1000WSorry I don't have more information. It had a down side the instructions were in English and the wife couldn't read them to see all of it's different uses.

I throughley enjoy it.

I saw that one yesterday.

Can you blend veggies into drinkable juice with it?

I used to have a blender and a juicer, but if I can get by with only one it would save money.

According to the juicing fanatics, a cheap, centrifugal juicer kills most of the enzymes in the juice almost immediately, but a masticating juicer makes juice that has all the enzymes for about 24 hours and gets more vitamins and minerals out of the vegetables and fruits. The health clinics that claim to cure diseases with juicing therapy use masticating juicers or ones with hydraulic presses that are super-expensive and do not advise drinking any pulp.

Yes, but when a place such as the Mayo Clinic recommends the fibre in fruits, I tend to go with them rather than the 'health clinics'. Anyone can set up a health clinic, but a little more difficult to set up a world famous facility such as the Mayo.

Yes, but when a place such as the Mayo Clinic recommends the fibre in fruits, I tend to go with them rather than the 'health clinics'. Anyone can set up a health clinic, but a little more difficult to set up a world famous facility such as the Mayo.

Don't think there would be any argument that eating all the fruit, fibre and all, is the healthiest. The point here is which juicer makes the best combination of healthy as well as palatable juice - not soup.

My questions to Ullyses G are what do you mean by saying the hydraulic presses "do not advise drinking any pulp", and leaving aside the health aspect how palatable are the masticated juices vs. the centrfugal ones?

I throughley enjoy it.

I saw that one yesterday.

Can you blend veggies into drinkable juice with it?

I used to have a blender and a juicer, but if I can get by with only one it would save money.

Haven't tried that yet but I would imagine that if you add water to the veggies as needed it would. I believe they have a Thailand information number on their web site.

Don't think there would be any argument that eating all the fruit, fibre and all, is the healthiest. The point here is which juicer makes the best combination of healthy as well as palatable juice - not soup.

My questions to Ullyses G are what do you mean by saying the hydraulic presses "do not advise drinking any pulp", and leaving aside the health aspect how palatable are the masticated juices vs. the centrfugal ones?

The health clinics that claim to cure diseases with juice therapy do not advise drinking the pulp as they claim that any pesticides remain in the pulp and that masticating juicers (and the ones that use hydraulic presses) get most of the vitimins, mineral and enzymes out and that - if drunk on an empty stomach - they go straight into the blood system and are used more efficiently than if digested normally. They also claim that masticated juices are more tasty than juices prepare with a centrifugal juicer as more intense flavor. I am not sure about that, but the juice is thicker and less watery.

The health clinics that claim to cure diseases with juice therapy do not advise drinking the pulp as they claim that any pesticides remain in the pulp and that masticating juicers (and the ones that use hydraulic presses) get most of the vitimins, mineral and enzymes out and that - if drunk on an empty stomach - they go straight into the blood system and are used more efficiently than if digested normally. They also claim that masticated juices are more tasty than juices prepare with a centrifugal juicer as more intense flavor. I am not sure about that, but the juice is thicker and less watery.

They are saying that a masticating juicer will get all the vitamins and enzymes out but leave the chemicals from fertilization. They must have some super duper chemical analyzer and separator in them. As for the pesticides try washing what ever it is you are juicing.

They are saying that a masticating juicer will get all the vitamins and enzymes out but leave the chemicals from fertilization. They must have some super duper chemical analyzer and separator in them. As for the pesticides try washing what ever it is you are juicing.

Isn't that what UG said?

I'm a masticator, surely I can get all the vitamins and enzymes out.

What did our ancestors do?

Isn't that what UG said?

I'm a masticator, surely I can get all the vitamins and enzymes out.

What did our ancestors do?

You only read part of the post you missed

"They must have some super duper chemical analyzer and separator in them. As for the pesticides try washing what ever it is you are juicing."

I doubt the machine knows vitamin a from vitamin c much less pesticides.

According to Norman W. Walker and Ann Wigmore - famous juicers - the pesticides are retained in the pulp. I have no idea if this is true, but that is what they were promoting along with juice therapy to cure diseases. All I know is that I do not like pulp in my vegetable juice as it tastes much better without it.

Edited by Ulysses G.

According to Norman W. Walker and Ann Wigmore - famous juicers - the pesticides are retained in the pulp. I have no idea if this is true, but that is what they were promoting along with juice therapy to cure diseases. All I know is that I do not like pulp in my vegetable juice as it tastes much better without it.

Probably from systematic pesticides, no doubt abused by farmers here, not following the instructions correctly :(

Curious though interesting that while the masticators are removing the pulp at least as effectively as the centrifugal juicers their juice is thicker.