Where Can I Get Good Thai Baht Currency Exchange In Bkk Or Pattaya?

Smokemachine

i would use a proper bank ,not some shady backstreet room with a "currency exchange " sign outside

the 4 big banks are trustable not to give to fake notes or cheat or even rob people

i prefer kasikorn and SCB but yellow bank (bank of ayudaya is good too )

Vasu Money Exchange, think it is the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi 7-2.

I am sure they will offer a better rate for greater than $US10k. But better than the banks for smaller amounts always, and easy to find.

• Like 1

Kevin, if you are in the Sukhumvit area, the best exchange rate is where all the Thais go.

On Sukhumvit Rd between Soi 11 and Soi 7/1. At BTS Nana.

Update, Daewoo just posted the details above while I was trying to get an address for you.

It's a dedicated currency exchange operation.

That is if you have a lot of money to exchange.

If not, say $100 or so, then most Banks are the same, though I find the Bangkok Bank offers sometimes a slightly better rate then the others.

But don't use the kiosks in the Train Stations, for example the ones at BTS National Stadium as they offer poor exchange rates, not the ones at the Airport for a similiar reasons.

Edit: thanks Daewoo, the same place I was thinking of.

http://www.thailand-delights.com/page199.html

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

If you are in Pattaya one of the best options (if not the best) is TT Exchange. You will always get a better rate here than at a bank unles you are making a TT into your account..

They have the major currency rates platered on their windows so easy to check and for sums say over $2k you can negotiate a better rate. They have branches on Beach road (400 metres before Walking Street), 2nd road on the right going north past Pattaya Thai and on Soi Burkhaow (spelling?). The signage above is Black letters on a yellow background.

If you are in Pattaya one of the best options (if not the best) is TT Exchange. You will always get a better rate here than at a bank unles you are making a TT into your account..

They have the major currency rates platered on their windows so easy to check and for sums say over $2k you can negotiate a better rate. They have branches on Beach road (400 metres before Walking Street), 2nd road on the right going north past Pattaya Thai and on Soi Burkhaow (spelling?). The signage above is Black letters on a yellow background.

For Pattaya: exactly right.

But in the meantime that are more currency exchanges that can compete with the TT Exchange rates in Pattaya.

E.g. on corner of Beach Road and Soi 10.

Avoid ALL banks for cash currency exchange, Goto TT, plenty of booths now.

Look like this:

t-t-currency-exchange.jpg

Try Super Rich Thailand (Green Signage) @ Ratchadamri. There are 2 Super Rich Stores siting across each other. ANother one is Super Rich 1965 (Orange Signage). Go for Super Rich Thailand as they offer better rate.