Yellow Chemical For Clearing A Cloudy Pool

banglay

Hi All ...about twice a year when then weather changes my pool seeming to go cloudy I treat the water with a Yellow chemical I was told to us from the Pool supply shop .....It work a bloody treat within 6 hours the water is crystal clear again.....but every time I ask what is the actual chemical I am using I get the same Thai answer "YELLOW CHEMICAL it's yellow chemical" .

Has anyone got any idea what the chemicals true name is so I can research it and actually know what I am putting in my pool.

Cheers

cheesy.gif Rather like a visit to the pharmacy then!

If anyone does know and in the unlikely event we can conclude that it's non-toxic to humans, I think all pool ownesr here will want to know where to buy it. That's on the assumption it's going to be far cheaper than the 850 baht I usually pay for a few litres of pool algaecide/clarifier

Edited by SantiSuk

cheesy.gif Rather like a visit to the pharmacy then!

If anyone does know and in the unlikely event we can conclude that it's non-toxic to humans, I think all pool ownesr here will want to know where to buy it. That's on the assumption it's going to be far cheaper than the 850 baht I usually pay for a few litres of pool algaecide/clarifier

I paid ฿ 150 for a 2kg bag and 1kg is enough to clear my pool ( 8 x 4 x 1.5 ) in approx 6 hrs

I think you should first find out why your water is cloudy, rather that dumping some yellow stuff in it. Presumably you will be swimming in this, does it have a radioactive sticker on the can, if so ask Del-Boy

Often cloudy water can be cleared by non chemical means like aeration, which is an under-discussed subject. Instead just add another chemical...and another...and another.

Almost afraid to answer this as it seems so obvious but even though the granular forms of Cl2 (chlorine) are usually not yellow the liquid form certainly is..It sounds as if your pool just requires an annual "shocking" with Cl2 as many pools do coming into the season..

standard clarifier for water is Alum..available in any hardware store in Thailand cheap as chips by the kilo in lumps..buy in pool shop mucho dinero.......ask your Mrs what the Thai name is ..dump a few 100 grams in your leaf basket............

standard clarifier for water is Alum..available in any hardware store in Thailand cheap as chips by the kilo in lumps..buy in pool shop mucho dinero.......ask your Mrs what the Thai name is ..dump a few 100 grams in your leaf basket............

Yes if required but his water may only be cloudy from a lack of Cl2 and water balance in general which is why it's so hard to provide any useful information based on whats been posted..

Yes if required but his water may only be cloudy from a lack of Cl2 and water balance in general which is why it's so hard to provide any useful information based on whats been posted..

true...process of elimination.....assume he has used his test kit ? coffee1.gif

the "yellow stuff" is Aluminium Sulphate [Al2(SO4)3], which is rather harmless if used in small quantities to act as flocculant/coagulant to clarify pool water. overdosing tarnishes grout and pvc brownish.

the "yellow stuff" is Aluminium Sulphate [Al2(SO4)3], which is rather harmless if used in small quantities to act as flocculant/coagulant to clarify pool water. overdosing tarnishes grout and pvc brownish.

If that's the case and in deed it is Aluminum Sulphate it's probably completely unnecessary as it usually is but it's a great sales tool to generate profits with..

A proper pool balance with seasonal shocking is all that's required...