Mole Removal In Phuket (Vs Elsewhere)

CrankyCarrot

I have a raised mole about 50% of the size of a 1 baht coin on my back I'd like removed and am looking to get a rough idea of what it would cost me in Phuket.

I'm in Hua Hin now, headed south soon, and there's a clinic here that quoted me 1000 baht (no biopsy).

Can anyone who's had something similar done in Phuket tell me if it's about the same price there?

My thinking is I should stay in the place I get it done for a few days to a week in case there are complications requiring follow up and I'm not planning to stay here in Hua Hin unless it's drastically cheaper to do so.

Edited by CrankyCarrot

20 squid is not a lot...

But I had a fatty lump removed from my back/neck 2 years ago in Surat Thani. Cost 70 baht for what took them about 30 mins work. Awesome job, very professional. Only pain was queuing in the 1st place.

Went to get the dressing changed at a local clinic 2 days later, which cost 100 baht :) Go figure..

I reckon government hospitals can be just as good as private, in fact lots of the top doctors work in government hospitals and consult at the private places, so you probably get the same doc !!

BTW, the 70 baht included biopsy...

I had a similar job done at the Mission Hospital in Phuket, incl. biopsy, for about 300 Baht. (search for "E 98.39127445381051, N 7.906666013012928" without the quotes on Google Maps)

Edited by hkt83100

I had a similar job done at the Mission Hospital in Phuket, incl. biopsy, for about 300 Baht. (search for "E 98.39127445381051, N 7.906666013012928" without the quotes on Google Maps)

good to know, i have a couple i need to have nuked

Yes, I know you can't put a price on your health.

For what it's worth I've had the mole forever and it hasn't changed size and colour (indications of possible cancer formation - we have all this info hammered into us in Aus where skin cancer is extremely prevalent). Plus the guy in the clinic who quoted me 1000 baht said it looked totally benign.

@Cornishcarlos - when I saw it cost you '70 baht', I figured you'd dropped a zero, but it sounds like it was really that cheap at the hospital. Wow.

@hkt83100 - thanks for the Google geocodes - I always prefer something like that to people telling me to drive x distance past y landmark, turn down z street etc etc - will program Mission hospital into my iPhone GPS.

Cheers,

PS Will probably get a quote from the big Jungceylon shopping mall in Patong too, since there's bound to be a bunch of beauty clinics in there willing to do the lancing.