Thai Female To England - Visitor Visa - Chances?

david, norrona and beano... very helpful posts, thanks.

So did you get a chance to read any of those other posts suggested?

And, importantly, did you have a chat with your Thai girl?

You'll always get some sharp replies here and they have maybe more then a drop of truth in them.

But, on the whole, just sharing what we have seen in the past and hoping it helps you.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the UK today after spending 2 months together. Is that good or bad?

What sort of reasons would they accept? Will it help if we buy a return ticket?

What sort of reasons would they accept?

The simple answer is the truth!

If you go off inventing stuff, usually they find this out as part of the discovery process in applying for the Visa.

Then, if your gf has found to 'economical' with the truth, it might make difficult for subsequent Visa applications.

RAZZELL ... what sort of advice is that! rolleyes.gif

After knowing a gf for 2 months, I'd still be thinking about bring her a family dinner and not thinking about ‘marrying her and a kid and unhappily ever after’.

How far is she into pregnancy?

• 3 weeks later...

It wasn't unplanned to be honest and I've posted before that I know it's mine.

Planned after knowing each other for a few days or what?

You have only been together for 2 months and she is pregnant, did you decide on the first night that you wanted to father a child with her?

• Like 1

There are some good replies and advice so far.

I would add that you will have to make sure she knows all about you and your life and be confident enough to answer a phone call from the embassy which may just sound like a friendly thai asking about your retationship but realy looking for some reason to reject.

This happen to us on our first application. However was sorted with the second and many new visas granted since.

As a second point, many thai women would want a luk krung half white baby as they are often seen as a very good future earner for the family.Take care its your future you are gambling with,best of luck ,you are going to need it,

I would add that you will have to make sure she knows all about you and your life

Not all about, but certainly what any normal person would be expected to know about someone they have committed to a long term relationship with and are having a baby with.

and be confident enough to answer a phone call from the embassy which may just sound like a friendly thai asking about your retationship but realy looking for some reason to reject.

They only conduct a phone interview if there is something in the application that they wish to check or clarify. if her answers are consistent with the information in the application they wont find a reason to reject.

OP, if you haven't done so already, I suggest you read UK Visit Visa Basics.

I've read this thread with interest. I met my gf in November and visited her again in March when she applied for a visa, she also fell pregnant on this visit, I made sure all the paperwork was correct and she now has a visa, I'm going to Thailand next month and returning to the UK with her for a month. She will then return to Thailand after the month and depending on how things have gone I might well apply for a fiance visa so that she can return to the UK to have the baby and to get married!! I'm also in the predicament of whether to rush into this so that she can have the baby in the UK or to wait, let her have the baby in Thailand and then consider marriage, decisions decisions...