Thai Female To England - Visitor Visa - Chances?

Hi,

Hoping for some advice on what our chances are of successfully obtaining a visitor's visa. Not sure how much information you...

Have known each other and been in a relationship for 2 months

Can support financially when she comes to England. Currently she isn't working.

Would she be better to apply for one or two months to begin with rather than six?

Thanks

Edited by randymarsh

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 months is not long.

reason for returning to Thailand is gonna be the problem area.

Yes it is possible to get one, if you can cover all the bases.

The shortest available visa that you can receive is 6 months.

Are you in Thailand or in the UK, this is a factor that could swing it for you.

Note - read your post again, seems you are in the UK.

Edited by beano2274

Like beano said, returning to bkk will be the hardest thing to prove and anyone can buy a return ticket, it proves nothing really but won't do any harm; I would state a 2 week holiday if I were you, if you get it and she returns as promised, you'll be on good footings for future apps.

Kind regards

You never buy a ticket before getting a visa.

She has to have good reasons to return, if you were in Thailand then returning to your job might have assisted your application.

Property or job are the most important reasons, having children is not a valid reason to return.

Give it a try and see what happens, remember it must be done online.

They might think she will go there to have the baby and then use the baby as a means of staying in the UK (mother not being separated from Child).

Sorry but been in a relationship for 2 months and she knows she is now pregnant.

Sorry mate but take a step back and start thinking about the whole issue here. A rash decision might cause you problems in the future.

Whatever you decide good luck

Thanks. I'm thinking by going for a visitor visa I am taking a step back in some way... initially we were going to look at a permanent visa.

I've had a look at the online application form and I think she'll struggle to fill it in without my help. Would it be worth asking for help from an agency?

And also, can someone explain around length of stay... the shortest visa is 6 months but I would write in the sponsor letter that she'll stay for say 4 weeks, does that mean she has a 4 week deadline to leave England or can she stay for 6 months once the visa has been approved?

She could not have got a permanent visa as you are not married.

You can do the online form for her, but you must have all the details about her parents and other things to hand.

She can stay the whole six months if she wanted to, but remember it is best if you say 4 weeks to have her stay 4 weeks, as other applications might be seen in a different light.

But if you have her stay for 6 months then you know that at a certain point she cannot travel, also she cannot seek NHS medical attention in the UK, you must pay for everything. You seem to be wanting her to stay for the 6 months, thus the baby might be born in the UK, and you would be then use the child to keep her in the UK (my opinion okay).

Not being a K-ob but giving my opinion. And be aware that she could be asked for an Interview, at the interview if they see she is pregnant, the alarm bells might start ringing.

Edited by beano2274

Wrote that post without seeing yours. I genuinely want her to visit for a month. The idea that having the baby here would keep her in the UK hadn't crossed my mind but maybe it's crossed hers, depending on how much she understands.

Edited by randymarsh

Would it be fair to assume a visa wouldn't be approved if her due date were to fall within the 6 months / 4 weeks? So basically is it impossible for a thai girl to come here and have a baby if you mention it in the application?

Am not saying it will happen, but it could, who knows what the ECO thinks at the time.

If you are going to apply include a letter from yourself, telling them she is coming over for a few weeks to see if she likes it, then she will return to Thailand to have the baby, and also get married to you, after which then you will apply for her to join you in the UK permanently, and because of your future plans you do not want to jeopardize them at this early stage .

I would not even think about Fiance visa, too early, just do a visitors visa.

Remember when you do online it is all about her, you sponsor her, read the guidelines about sponsoring, do not forget a letter explaining why, documents to prove you have somewhere for her to stay during her holiday, a copy of your passport page to prove you are British, she will need these. Also proof you have enough money to sponsor her if you are paying for everything.

Edited by beano2274

Have been searching around the forum and the only issue with a visitor visa is there is no NHS health care cover so any complications or check ups etc could get quite expensive? Particularly if for any reason she refuses to leave (don't expect that to happen but can't rule it out).

I must admit I like your other post

http://www.thaivisa....__fromsearch__1

Is that cause you are not sure, or something else.

Because now I'm thinking NHS care. Maybe visitor visa to begin with but within a year, will probably be considering marriage. Just trying to consider / understand as much as I can now as it's all new and questions keep coming into my head.

Edited by randymarsh

The advice above looks good to me. Reason to return is going to be a big stumbling block. A two month long relationship will be looked on with a degree of suspicion.

Not impossible but will be a challenge. Check the pinned visa summary at the top of the threads list. If in doubt give it a go - the visa cost is not massive. A failed visa application in these sorts of cases is not the end of the world and does not leave a black mark unless deception is attempted.

Sensible numbers of photos and evidence of regular contact - email headers, phone bills etc. Don't buy tickets before applying , you could waste a lot of money.

Not sure how travel insurance works with early pregnancy but the NHS would deal with emergencies but would issue a rather large invoice. Walk in centres are usually free even for visitors (or were while my wife was a visitor) so some basic health advice is available.

A successful visit helps to build a picture of a genuine relationship and should be of assistance with future visas. The ECO's are not a push over though!

You've only known each other for two months? ohmy.png Or been in a relationship for two months?

Were you only holiday in Thailand for the whole of that time? Where did you meet? What did she do? etc etc etc

If she comes to the UK on any type of settlement visa she is allowed free NHS treatment.

My advice would be - get back over to Thailand asap for another visit. Apply for a fiancee visa and get her to the UK (that's if you want to get married? )

Not strictly "by the rules" but she could come to the UK and have the baby.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Back in the UK today after spending 2 months together. Is that good or bad?

What sort of reasons would they accept? Will it help if we buy a return ticket?

What sort of reasons would they accept?

The simple answer is the truth!

If you go off inventing stuff, usually they find this out as part of the discovery process in applying for the Visa.

Then, if your gf has found to 'economical' with the truth, it might make difficult for subsequent Visa applications.

RAZZELL ... what sort of advice is that! rolleyes.gif

After knowing a gf for 2 months, I'd still be thinking about bring her a family dinner and not thinking about ‘marrying her and a kid and unhappily ever after’.

Have been with her pretty much every minute of every day for the last two months and saw two positive pregnancy tests as she took them. If she slept with someone else during that time, I was there but have somehow forgotten about it.

Thanks for all of the advice everyone.

Randy - how far gone is she?

Like I said the way forward is to apply for a visitors visa, you sponsor her, make sure she arrives and leaves as you planned it, then you come here get married apply for her to join you in the UK permanently , then she can have the baby in the UK.

But like I have said on your other thread about divorce, be careful many of these women know the rules better than you or I, and know how to get what they want.

Not far at all, a few weeks?

If I apply for a visitor visa this week and it is approved, how does it work then? Do we get 6 months from date of approval?

It's going to be too tight I think to get married and get a settlement visa before she has the baby as processing times seem to be 3 months and I wouldn't be too confident of success considering the little time we've known each other. One step at a time, if I can get this visitor visa sorted I'll be happy.

6 Months from date of application if I remember correctly.

Remember it has to be done online and she also has to go to give the documentation in to VFS and have biometrics done, cost is currently around 3800baht.