No Reservation

niteshad

hi there

we are coming to phuket & krabi at 12 Jan '06 to 19 Jan '06, we plan to travel around the islands of phuket , krabi n phi phi and perhaps some other places if we manage.

is it really a bad idea to come out, at this time, WITHOUT reservations?

coz this is the first time for me in phuket.

can anyone help me on this?

will i find myself paying a lot of money because everything's booked?

Do i have a many choice of hotel ?

Coz i want to find a budget hotel around 1000bath to 1500 bath

any suggestions?

Thanx

hm... no reply ? Can't anyone from this forum help me to ??

Thanx

Well, I'll reply. January is our biggest month, even taking into account the Elephant festival. It is the abslolute height of the tourist season. However, I would think after the events of last year, the area that you will be going to should be still quiet. Any idea of your itinery? if so contact/book through http://www.asiarooms.com

There are plenty of accommodations available in Phuket even during high season. The best places are booked well ahead of time but there are plenty left if you check around. Several new hotels are getting ready to open as we speak.

There should be plenty of rooms in the price range you mentioned. Try the Montana hotel in Patong they almost always have vacancies. Not the fanciest rooms but a great location and a nice pool. If they're booked there's a dozen or more guesthouses a stones throw away.