House/Hut In Rubber Tree Plantation

All the rubber tree plantations where I live have a small "house" to sleep in and cook in when on site. I will be making one in the near future and looking at design ideas/pitfalls etc. Does anyone here have any input or even better pictures? It will be the intent not to have it so tall as we won't be storing stuff under it, we will be having a toilet but not sure if this needs to be near the hut or seperate. Water will come from a deep well with hand pump. There is no electricity in the vicinity so will use a small quiet honda 1kw genny for power when required. Thinking of having one of those mosquito tent things inside to sleep in.

Cheers.

Here is a picture of one I built but not in a rubber plantation. Used some posts and roofing iron from an old house that I knocked down, and just bought eucalyptus for the frame and roof. Elevated the bed to not sleep on the ground.

I probably went a tad overboard compared to euca trees and reused tin roofing. Concrete slab and poles, block walls, steel and tin roof. Bore hole has a submersible electric water pump to fill concrete ring tanks, electric is a yanmar 9hp diesel connected to a 5000w generator head. lights are small 12v fluorescent type strung to car battery. 12v battery charger runs when yanmar runs. an outhouse and concrete ring septic tank with secondary dispersal tank. This is 'upcountry' where there are no decent hardware stores, definitely no Globalhouse or Homepro, work was done by our worker and hired yokels.

Hindsight is that I probably should have looked at solar+battery rather than diesel and 230v generator. I think it's possible to get a 12 or 24v well pump and if that ran slowly but often to fill water tanks and work as a pressure pump, I think the overall cost would have been same and more constant electric source. ymmv

ps skip the bloated puppies as they tend to die off as they are not fed for shit

Yes mine is more of a day hut only, at lamyai picking time I get my son and his friends to sleep there for a couple of weeks to deter thieves. If the rain is heavy he can come home, only about 800metres. Customcurbs almost looks like a bunker but I suppose if you're staying in it yourself you want to be dry and have a few comforts.

yes cinder block is rather soviet in style, but NO, I am not staying there, it's for the worker, his wife and kids. There's also the old version wooden hut behind the blockhouse, wood came from I know not where as it was built when we were in the states. I just couldn't see putting the worker's 1yr old and 4yr old kid in an open air wood hut as their 'home'. even most of the hovels in the village have walls.

post-100729-0-18314200-1333546051_thumb.

post-100729-0-52320200-1333546071_thumb.

yes cinder block is rather soviet in style, but NO, I am not staying there, it's for the worker, his wife and kids. There's also the old version wooden hut behind the blockhouse, wood came from I know not where as it was built when we were in the states. I just couldn't see putting the worker's 1yr old and 4yr old kid in an open air wood hut as their 'home'. even most of the hovels in the village have walls.

From their point of view if not Thai. It's easy to abandon ie don't put down roots.