AIS Foresees 3G Boom

webfact

AIS Foresees 3G Boom

BANGKOK: -- An executive of Advance Info Service, a major mobile phone service provider in Thailand, has expressed confidence the 3G auction by the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission will promote mobile internet usage.

Pratthana Leelapanang, who is the vice president of value-added service at Advance Info Service, or AIS, a major mobile phone service provider in Thailand, believes that mobile internet usage in the country will be given a huge boost if the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission decides to initiate the bidding process for 3G licenses.

Pratthana expects the number of smart phone users to grow by five million units or 25 percent from last year.

The company also believes that the number of mobile internet users will increase by ten to 12 percent from about ten million last year.

According to the latest report, AIS has partnered with 33 magazines and four newspapers in introducing the AIS Bookstore, an online outlet for books and magazines.

The application is now available on iPhones and Android devices. More than 300,000 AIS customers have already downloaded the application.

The company is currently running a promotional campaign on AIS Bookstore at the 55th National Book Fair from today until April 8 at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Center.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-03-29

footer_n.gif

Ummmm....you're at least 5 years behind the rest of the civilzed world. But keep talking and you may get a viable 3G network about the same time 9G is introduced!

Now just waiting for the appologists to tell me to leave if I don't like it. Glad I'm not an Irish IT instructor. 555

• Like 1

Not sure exactly what you are prattling on about?

With AIS/One-2-Call. DTAC/Happy, TOT/MVNOs, CAT MY/TrueMove H we have arguably four (4) viable 3G networks. Could things be better? Of course. Are they so bad that you should leave? Would you believe me if I said "yes"? ;) Seriously though, maybe you should stay and try one of the 3G services?