Anyone Tel Me Where My Wife Is Talking About ?

tebee

Even though my wife is an intelligent woman - she is a Dr and teaches medicine at university

they have started paying her by the day rather than the hour

I know a large number of people that teach medicine at Universities here in Thailand. First time I have ever heard of one being paid by the hour or the day.

Learn something new every day.

Try this link..

http://www.nrru.ac.t...ata&page=about1

The city is formerly known as "Nakhorn Ratchasima", but isaan locals refer to it as "Korat"

Wrong way round - the city is now known as "Nakhorn Ratchasima", but many locals still refer to it as Korat.

The city has always been NR, there are some very old buses on the road that proudly display that, the province is Khorat..... the main city in the province of Buriram is Buriram, the main city in the province of Surin is Surin, etc, etc, so just standardising.

Try this link..

The city is formerly known as "Nakhorn Ratchasima", but isaan locals refer to it as "Korat"

Wrong way round - the city is now known as "Nakhorn Ratchasima", but many locals still refer to it as Korat.

The city has always been NR, there are some very old buses on the road that proudly display that, the province is Khorat..... the main city in the province of Buriram is Buriram, the main city in the province of Surin is Surin, etc, etc, so just standardising.

I used to live in DC. Most people surely recognize I'm talking about the US capital without having it spelled out for them. Peking/Beijing, Bombay/Mumbai same same. . .

Try this link..

I used to live in DC. Most people surely recognize I'm talking about the US capital without having it spelled out for them. Peking/Beijing, Bombay/Mumbai same same. . .

What?

Not being from American myself, I have a slightly different outlook on the rest of the world, i.e. there is one,I have noticed its existence and learned something about it.

DC to me doesn't mean anything (apart from direct current, it runs on batteries) or possibly District of Columbia when stating a location.

The simple fact of the matter is this, The province is Khorat, it's main city is NR, but keeping in line with other provinces the main city has been known as Khorat for as long as I can remember for reasons of standardisation or just pure laziness is open to question... is it that hard to type District Capital.

Even though my wife is an intelligent woman - she is a Dr and teaches medicine at university

I know a large number of people that teach medicine at Universities here in Thailand. First time I have ever heard of one being paid by the hour or the day.

Same here.

It appears this wife has her own agenda and there is more than the confusing word Carat that doesn’t make sense here.

I would certainly investigate what she tells the OP and check out whether this is for real or not. Best place to start is on the Internet and see what’s she’s up to on social networking sites, and keep an ear open to who she is talking with on her cell phone. If at home she appears to walk out of hearing range during phone conversations, also treat this as suspect.

My advice to the OP is; be suspicious and keep an eye on her activities, especially outside the home.

Edited by Beetlejuice

The simple fact of the matter is this, The province is Khorat, it's main city is NR, but keeping in line with other provinces the main city has been known as Khorat for as long as I can remember for reasons of standardisation or just pure laziness is open to question.

Both the province and provincial capital are officially known as Nakhorn Ratchasima with Korat being a common alternate usage.

Edited by mca

Why do people marry wives they cannot talk even such simple matters?

I think I understand what you are saying, hopefully English is not your native language.

Many married couples share the same native language, yet women speak a completely different version. How many married men can truly claim to fully understand their wives ? :D

• Like 1

The simple fact of the matter is this, The province is Khorat, it's main city is NR, but keeping in line with other provinces the main city has been known as Khorat for as long as I can remember for reasons of standardisation or just pure laziness is open to question.

Both the province and provincial capital are officially known as Nakhorn Ratchasima with Korat being a common alternate usage.

I'm sorry, I should have said 'in common usage' my bad. Yes, officially both province and city are named Nakhorn Ratchasima, but when a local uses Khorat, it could be either the city or anywhere in the province, but if they say Nakhorn Ratchasima it usually means the city, in my experience anyway.

• Like 1

Thanks folks! It's all so obvious when you know the answer......

Not an area I know though, will have to do some research.

Even though my wife is an intelligent woman - she is a Dr and teaches medicine at university - we do have the occasional comunications problem - but English is her third language so I forgive her.

Tom

Perhaps you might advise us of her name just in case I need new spectacles!

Anybody fancy answering the second part of the query about housing websites for the area?????

I'll start with bahtsold.com but I don't have a clue.

As you all know already mellow.png

try isaan-properties.com / isaanproperties.com - they used to advertise on Thai Visa and their website is used by a fairly extensive network of real estate agents to advertise their portfolio.

Guest lecturers are paid by the hour. Permanent faculty are paid with monthly salaries.

One thing I am wondering about is why the OP posts here before talking to his wife. Would any of the other married folks over here do that?

I am not married but in a long-term (9 years) relationship. I'd ask my partner first.

Just wondering.

One thing I am wondering about is why the OP posts here before talking to his wife. Would any of the other married folks over here do that?

I am not married but in a long-term (9 years) relationship. I'd ask my partner first.

Just wondering.

I like your line of thinking and logic.

The plot thickens and I wonder if we will here from the OP again?