Anyone Tel Me Where My Wife Is Talking About ?

tebee

My wife has sent me a message saying she has been offered a new job by the university at Corak. Unfortunately I have no idea where this is and Google has failed to find it. I assume this is her own transliteration of the Thai name - she says it's about 200km from Bangkok. I will ask again when she comes home tonight but until then anyone any suggestions as to where she is taking about ?

She's fallen out with her current uni due to staff changes - she's now the sole member of her department that was working there a year ago and they have started paying her by the day rather than the hour at a considerably lower rate.

She also asked me to look at houses on the internet in the area - when I find out where it is! Any good Thai language sites for house sales you can recommend ? - guess these may be a bit cheaper than English language ones. I don't speak Thai but have our son with me who does!

Tom

Thanks folks! It's all so obvious when you know the answer......

Not an area I know though, will have to do some research.

Even though my wife is an intelligent woman - she is a Dr and teaches medicine at university - we do have the occasional comunications problem - but English is her third language so I forgive her.

Tom

Do yourself and your wife a favour by making this the absolute last time you ever mention her on Thaivisa.

c'mon, it's a sweet thread. Really it is.

BTW even I knew it was Khorat and I am clueless on Thai names.

Best of luck to the OP especially that he has a higher end lady. I'm not going to express my envy. I bet she doesn't leave her bra hanging in the bathroom so that you get scared at night and think its some reptile getting ready to pounce when you go to tinkle and don't turn on the light.

• Like 2

Do yourself and your wife a favour by making this the absolute last time you ever mention her on Thaivisa.

c'mon, it's a sweet thread. Really it is.

BTW even I knew it was Khorat and I am clueless on Thai names.

Best of luck to the OP especially that he has a higher end lady. I'm not going to express my envy. I bet she doesn't leave her bra hanging in the bathroom so that you get scared at night and think its some reptile getting ready to pounce when you go to tinkle and don't turn on the light.

You ARE a funny cun_t

• Like 1