Unclassified: Your Uk Visa Application: This Is An Automated Message - Please Do Not Reply (Ref: Xxxxxx)‏

Hi,

We received the following automated message for my girlfriend's UK Visitor Visa, is this a good or bad sign? Perhaps not able to tell either way? Why they wouldn't put the DECISION in the email is beyond me!!!!

The 'Application Tracker' on VFS just says 'submitted to UK Embassy on xxxxx'. Maybe need to wait until Monday for the site to catch up?

UNCLASSIFIED: Your UK Visa Application: This is an automated message - please do not reply (Ref: xxxxxx)‏

bangkvisai​[email protected]​.uk

A decision has been made on your application. If you submitted your application in Bangkok you can usually collect your documents from our Visa Application Centre in 1 working day. If you paid for a courier service your documents will be forwarded to you.

If you applied in Vietnam, Cambodia or Burma your documents can be collected within 4 working days from the British Diplomatic office where you submitted your application. If you paid an extra postal fee in Vietnam your documents will be forwarded to you

???

Edited by jojo90

We paid the 75 baht to receive a sms last August and VFS never sent a sms, I only found out by checking the website, her passport had been ready for 9 days with a visa stamped in it! We have paid the sms fee again for the application forwarded last week, but I still check the website.

great - thanks... back in BKK Tuesday so fingers crossed smile.png.

Any idea if we need to book an appointment to collect or do we just show up?

I remember reading you had to go between1pm and 4pm in the afternoon to collect. tgf had hers couriered to home for 200bht extra fee booked when applying

Not sure about appointments to collect, we took a gamble and turned up at about 2pm to collect everything and we had no problems.

The email you got was worded differently to the one my wife got, but in essence it was the same. Your application has been processed and is ready for collection. No hint that it was successful or not, though.

great - thanks... back in BKK Tuesday so fingers crossed smile.png.

Any idea if we need to book an appointment to collect or do we just show up?

I remember reading you had to go between1pm and 4pm in the afternoon to collect. tgf had hers couriered to home for 200bht extra fee booked when applying

Collected my wife's last month and they will only give it to the applicant after 1PM, no earlier, so dont go in the morning as they are totally inflexible.

good luck